Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC BARCELONA vs FC BASEL 1893
Camp Nou| Tue, Nov 4| 20:45

It seems like nobody's really bothered with this match, so I'll just open the thread. :pp

If Barça manages to win this encounter with the leading team of the Swiss league, it would secure qualification for the round of the last 16 even though Barcelona will try to claim the first spot of the group of course which shouldn't really be a problem after three wins out of three matches so far.

Just throw in all the bench players and give them an opportunity to fight for a starting XI spot; Bojan, Hleb and Caceres to start this match. :hopeful:

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I was just about to start the thread; you saved me some (precious :pp) time.

We have to win here as a win will almost surely assure our qualification as first of the group. Not to mention that the last two games in the CL will be in the middle of tough La Liga fixtures.

I'll take a stab at Pep's starting XI.:

Valdes
Alves - Marquez - Pique - Caceres
Toure
Iniesta - Gudjohnsen
Hleb - Eto'o - Bojan​

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It's the last effort to secure the pass to the next round and it shouldn't be a great effort. We should do it with some subs in the starting XI.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
It's crucial to rest as many people as possible in this game. We need to make a big, big push in la Liga in November to make sure we have the largest possible advantage when the difficult games come. Our rivals are starting to slip and with them all having harder games in Europe, we need to make the best of this.

I don't wanna see Alves, Marquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Eto'o play this game.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lets go with the below:

---------------Pinto--------------
-Alves---Pique---Marquez-Caceres-
---------------Toure--------------
--------Busquets-----Iniesta------
--Hleb----------------------Bojan-
--------------Henry---------------

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Man, this is the third time in a row, that I totally agree with you Catalan05 with the line up.
I would only like to see Gudjohnsen to play too... so I'd rest Busquets (we need Iniesta or Xavi in the midfield). Guddy was in impressive form before his injury, we need him to get back asap, as he adds new options (goalscoring :) ) to our midfield.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The list:
Valdés, Pinto,
Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Cáceres, Sylvinho,
Xavi, Hleb, Busquets, Víctor Sánchez, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta,
Messi, Eto'o, Bojan, Henry, Pedro

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Alves and Touré are rested.

As many bench players as possible should play IMO considering how weak Basel is not to mention playing at home at that.

This is one of the few games where we can afford it.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
un:ppfficial line-up:

--------------Valdés--------------
----------------------------------
Puyol---Piqué---Cáceres---Sylvinho
-------------Busquets-------------
---Gudjohnsen-----------Hleb-----
Pedro---------Bojan---------Henry

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
That line-up seems perfect to me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
19€ on Sánchez starting the game

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Another easy win :)

its 12 guys :smileani:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
why Messi, Alves, Xv, Iniesta, Eto'o are called-up? Aren't they supposed to rest for more important games?
Alves is not called, while others are, but that doesn't mean they'll all play too. After all, we need to call 18 players.

We all agree, that this game is excellent to rest some players, but most important is the win. There is a lot of money involved and 3 points would secure us the first position. Better secure it here than against Sporting away.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Playing at home, against a weak team like Basel, after a 5-0 away drubbing, we won't have any problems securing first position even with our second string.

I'd be really disappointed to see any of the key players feature in this game. Besides, we're going to win the group anyway. It's time for the backups to get their chance to thrash someone in front of the home crowd.

·
Registered
331 Posts
No Caceres, Im dying to see him but have to wonder why we bought him that expensive if he is not start this game :thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Line up:
Valdes
Puyol, Marquez, Pique, Sylvinho
Sanchez, Busquets, Iniesta
Helb, Henry, Bojan

1 - 20 of 113 Posts