Xtratime Community banner

man of the match vs Juventus

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the European classics , we all know Juve isnt the same team they were 4 years ago but still they MAY cause some damage and this game remains HUGE and specially for me thats why I decided to open the thread

Diarra and Guti are out so our line-up would most probably be

.................Iker...................
Ramos...Pepe...Canna...Marcelo
.................Gago...................
.............DLR...Sneijder...........
Higuain.........RVN...........Raul/Robben???

On the other hand, Juve are having most probably Sissoko and Camo back which is a huge boost to their midfield

Finally I hope its a draw

·
Registered
109 Posts
Raul will almost certainly start, so it will be either Higuain or Rafa on the right I think, with Robben coming on later as he it just regaining fitness.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Our midfield has been mediocre at best this season, espicially Sissoko. If you keep pressuring us with attack after attack a 4-0 win wont be too hard.

Camoranesi is out and was the only player you should of been worried about.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Higuain will go to the bench as he was the only one out of the 3 strikers to play 90 minutes. Robben will slot back in. Gago will definitely start and then 2 of vdv, sneidjer and DLR. Heinze isnt injured i dont think so i reckon he'll play LB.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I always fear Juventus. I don't care who's missing from their team, or who their manager is. The Old Slutty Lady has made a deal with the devil to always conquer us.

I'll believe we can beat them when I see it.

My radical line-up to try and win this game:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze
Gago - DLR
Sneijder ------ VDV
RvN - Raul​

Pack the midfield, keep possession, maintain a strong backline, and hope for the two top scorers in the history of this competition to pop a couple in.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Diarra and Guti are out for sure?

I agree with Joshua, that line up is the best we could use.

Robben, Higuain and depending on the score either Javi or Drenthe to come on in the second half.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Diarra and Guti are out for sure?
Yes, here's the squad named for the game:

GK: Casillas, Dudek
DF: Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze, Marcelo, Metzelder
MF: De la Red, Gago, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Javi Garcia
FW: Raul, van Nistelrooy, Higuain, Robben, Drenthe

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I agree with Joshua , I hope our players remember how they lost at olympico by some silly mistakes last season .

I'm sure DLR will start with Gago , and same thing with Wesley so its the matter of Vaart or Arjen Robben .

Juve are in crisis , but still have a good team with Chillini , Sissoko , Alex and Amauri and the will play with great spirit against us especially that Ranieri could lose his job if he lose again .

hope for another important away win for us .

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
A win will most likely be very important if we want to finish top of the group.

If we win:

Real Madrid 9
Juve 4
(Zenit 3)
(BATE 1)

We would be five points clear, with two home games and an away game at BATE. I say win our next two games against Juve, secure first place

Real Madrid 12
Zenit 6
(Juve 4)
(BATE 1)

Let's do it. :D

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
i heard amauri is out of list for injury,but tiago is back , he is in good form every time when meet RM

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The couple of times that i watched Juve this season they have looked utterly awful but this is a different competition and i expect them to be up for the challenge. Im confident that we will snatch a win though, wont be easy but i do not think we will lose this one.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
they're also missing buffon if im not mistaken, that's pretty huge, dunno how good the substitute goalie is, but theres no replacing buffon.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
No Buffon and no Figo to miss a penalty kick either, i still think about what if that had went in :depress:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
...not just Figo missing the penalty, Makelele and Ronaldo missed important minutes also. Still, Juve deserved to win that tie on the back of the performance they put up in Turin. I try not to think about that game too much but it did hurt more than the losses to Monaco, Bayern and Roma.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Yeah the Monaco one was painful because it was a local boy doing all the damage in Morientes but man, the Juve defeat just left a bad taste in my mouth. I really felt that we should've had it.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Juve are in huge mess, following the dismissal of Moggi, the team have hardly made a decent signing (players, coaches..) which isn't Juve style at all, Juve are known for being probably the best team in the market, buying cheap, selling very high.. Secco with Ranieri are showing the world the worst Juve in 25-30 years by far.. Till now the team's base are players signed by Moggi: Buffon, Chiellini, Alex DP, Trezeguet, Camoranesi..

Buffon = 2 months out.
Trezegol = 3 months out.
Camoranesi = 3 weeks out.

Juve 1-3 Madrid

RVN x 2
Sniejder 1

·
Administrator
52,994 Posts
...not just Figo missing the penalty, Makelele and Ronaldo missed important minutes also. Still, Juve deserved to win that tie on the back of the performance they put up in Turin. I try not to think about that game too much but it did hurt more than the losses to Monaco, Bayern and Roma.
Ssssssh! :nono: You have no right to make excuses for a frigging qfs game when you won a frigging CL final against us based on an obvious offside goal by that mucho cliche mafioso ******** of yours :fero:

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I think it will be essential to rip their strange fullbacks, that's why I hope that Higuain or Robben will play.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
worst loss in the time ive supported madrid. losing to barca at the bernabeu 3-0 is bad, but we just didnt show up and they killed us. plus league losses are not as bad as being knocked out of the CL. but with juve it was much worse. that figo penalty miss match was the most disheartening match to date, it killed me. everytime we lose i remember how that loss is much worse. and semi finals as well, we would have beaten milan that year and made it two in a row. fvck roma, arsenal, bayern whoever, the juve semi is by far the biggest morale killer in our recent champions league history.

just remembering that is sad :(

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Pack the midfield, keep possession, maintain a strong backline, and hope for the two top scorers in the history of this competition to pop a couple in.
I agree. Unfortunately, I don't think Schuster does. He seems to live and die by the 4-3-3 this year.

I only want to see a 4-3-3 if Robben is in the line-up. Raul-Ruud-Higuain just doesn't work for me.

I share the same sentiments as all of you. Juve don't impress me much; but they are one of those teams who were made to play their best against Real Madrid in the champions league.

BTW.. Joshy, TSN2 comes big once again:proud:. Of course first priority will always be Manu facing anyone:yuck:

1 - 20 of 233 Posts