Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partido; Real Madrid - BATE Borisov
Fecha; 17/09/2008
Hora; 20:45
Estadio; Santiago Bernabéu
Jornada; 1

So...on to the CL, where for many this is the so-called "group of death". On paper we're the strongest team in our group and should qualify - and to do so we must start with ensuring no less than six points against these newcomers from Belarus. They're an unknown quantity but are expected to be the whipping boys in the group...so is it fair to say we can expect a royal whipping here?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
where is all the pretty graphics?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I hope we don't underestimate them.

Gago should play instead of Diarra, to give him a rest and also give Gago some minutes. Other than that, Higuain deserves to keep his place.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gago should play instead of Diarra, to give him a rest and also give Gago some minutes. Other than that, Higuain deserves to keep his place.
Agree, Gago has had his rest after the Olympics and International games and has to start here. Diarra has been fasting and doesn't look as sharp as he did in pre-season, he needs a rest. If Raul replaces Higuain I will break something.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
the only thing i worry about is coach.

looks like schuster is out of spirit totally already. how can we put hopeness on team in the hand of this kind coach?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Anything less than a 4 goal differential in our victory would be disappointing.

Expect to see:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze
Diarra
HAZ - VDV
Raul - Ruud - Robben​

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Go BATE :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
raul and ruud and higauin should all start!!

casillas

ramos-pepe-cannavaro-marcelo

gago-de la red- guti

higauin-ruud-raul

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I highly doubt Canna will start.
The game's on TSN2 for us. I was pissed off thinking we wouldn't get it live since TSN is showing it at midnight, but TSN2 is showing it live, and in HD. :shades:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Champions league record is what?8-0?:confused:

I saw Bate in Belgium against Anderlecht,they are not too bad with the ball but they don't have defense for this level.

5-1 my prediction.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I saw Bate in Belgium against Anderlecht,they are not too bad with the ball but they don't have defense for this level.
and we do? :howler:

1 - 20 of 195 Posts