Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

FC Barcelona vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Estadi del Futbol Club Barcelona | Tuesday, Dec 9 | 20.45

Yeah I know everyone is thinking of completely devastating the merengues but we have this game first. We beat these guys following a splendid performance by Messi after being subbed in, changing the game the Ucranians thought they had in the bag. With two 1-0 losses to Sporting and 3 points off they have no chance of advancing to the next round, practically making this engagement as having the importance of an exhibition match. Brandao (Brandinho) comes back and so does his coach, the ever bitter Mircea Lucescu. We should give them the welcome they deserve. I'm hoping we rest as many starters as possible. A cookie for the one who gets the lineup right.

Pinto
V.Sanchez - Pique - Caceres - Sylvinho

Busquets - Keita - Hleb/Thiago:hopeful:

Pedro ---- Bojan ---- V.Vazquez​

Maybe one too many backups. It'd be a match though. Som Hi-Nois!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
It's known, that when God takes away one of your senses he makes one of the others much stronger. So my blind dates, smell ugliness in your introduction. I'm sorry...:pp

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Will Iniesta get some time in this match? It would be nice to see him get some time before the Madrid game.

Don't think Keita should play either, as this is a meaningless fixture.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I dont like how the teams emblems at the top, are too close to each other.
True,I agree.Khaled is too much of a bricklayer to be doing this,he is better off shunning trolls in WF with Stygmata.

:stoned:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Even if we play with 2nd team we cant fall at home ..

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada08-09/12/n081207106450.html

Shaktars entire squad sat in the stands against Valencia and watched our match against Valencia, our opponents became our fans for one night. I wonder what was going thrue their minds when watching us? :D

For the match I'll be very curious watching how Pedro will play, I was impressed by him against Valencia and I personally think that we might have found our own Jesus Navas (minus the diving) in him, he has a very equal sort of style to Navas and performs very well with Dani Alves. I see great potential in this one right here, we might have found ourselfs a worthy replacement for Messi (when he's injured or suspended) out there on the wing, if he devolopes like Iniesta (nice and slow) we might have a very ferocious pair of right-wingers in a couple of years time with Messi and him.

Very nice seeing that our not so hyped talents (Busquets and Pedro) have played so well this season.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont like how the teams emblems at the top, are too close to each other.
What are you talking about, they all look like that :pp

Did I miss something? What is ugly with the introduction?
He's just bitter I whooped his ass in all the fantasy liga's we've had thus far on XT, including his very own version which I won. That or he's having a bad day... :D

Anyway I think people here should show more respect to Shakhtar Donetsk. They beat our second team 2-0 in Ukraine a couple of years back in another meaningless game. Our second team wants revenge. And you should show even more respect to me, it's not often I take the liberty of opening a thread in this hallowed forum so take the chance and give us your take on this not so crucial duel.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I think I was on the high of kicking Valencia's rear end. And the fact that this game has zero meaning...

Your introductions are cool...infact you should do them for all our meaningless games. :pp

Happy Eid dude :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada08-09/12/n081207106450.html

For the match I'll be very curious watching how Pedro will play, I was impressed by him against Valencia and I personally think that we might have found our own Jesus Navas (minus the diving) in him, he has a very equal sort of style to Navas and performs very well with Dani Alves. I see great potential in this one right here, we might have found ourselfs a worthy replacement for Messi (when he's injured or suspended) out there on the wing, if he devolopes like Iniesta (nice and slow) we might have a very ferocious pair of right-wingers in a couple of years time with Messi and him.

Very nice seeing that our not so hyped talents (Busquets and Pedro) have played so well this season.
I absolutely agree. In last 3-4 matches when Pedro entered the game, I was quite pleased. He is technically very gifted and has the pace. He is one of the bench players I look forward the most every game, as I like to confirm my views of him. So far, I really like his progression and I truly feel he can become one important stones in our pyramid. Our little Guilly, just more technical.

Probably he'll start this game, I hope he does fine.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
From the official web: "Eto'o finalmente no ha sido convocado y su plaza la ocupa Thierry Henry.."

Interesting..

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Is there any way Pep can suit some of us up for this game? seriously, none of our starters for next saturday should be on the pitch with the butcher of Donetsk (brandao)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts