Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 3000 Athletic supporters will be on Thursday in Liège after (of course) making a ritual stop in Amsterdam.;)

Valverde has called 20 players since some as Del Horno, Karanka or Yeste are doubt for this game. Remember Lafuente, Javi González and Lacruz are still injured.

Goalkeepers: Aranzubia, Pampín.

Defenders: Karanka, Del Horno, Javi Casas, L.Prieto, Iraola, Murillo, César.

Midfielders: Yeste, Julen Guerrero, Jonan, Solabarrieta, Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Tiko.

Attackers: Arriaga, Ezquerro, Urzaiz, Etxeberria.

Will we (finally) see our first win away from San Mamés?:hopefull:

·
Registered
542 Posts
For those of you in Europe (sorry for the rest) who have a satellite dish, TV Sport (RO) on Sirius @ 5 deg East are broadcasting the game tonight on FTA (free-to-air). I'll try and point at it although the size of my dish is just about enough to tune it on a good weather day (so say the experts). Today we've got 50 mph winds in Dublin!!! :irritate: :irritate: :irritate:

For more info on satellite footie check this website. It's pretty good.

http://64.77.87.5/sport/index.html

AUPA ATHLETIC!!!

PS: Please never tell my girlfriend I asked for the satellite system as a birthday present mainly to watch football and Athletic in particular, even if it's only the highlights in the news after the games!!! If she knew....... :broken:

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
inigo said:
PS: Please never tell my girlfriend I asked for the satellite system as a birthday present mainly to watch football and Athletic in particular, even if it's only the highlights in the news after the games!!! If she knew....... :broken:
lol that is so something I would do :howler: I guess that's what obsession does to us :stoned:

good luck with your game by the way....i've said it loooong time ago (under my old user name Stinkfist) and I'll say it again - I have alot of admiration and respect for Athletic Bilbao and their youth/player policy. :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Around 3000 Athletic supporters will be on Thursday in Liège after (of course) making a ritual stop in Amsterdam.;)
Then I guess that they're going to be very calm and quiet :stoned: :D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear, here we start again, Urzaiz in the bench, Tiko is playing. I don´t know what system is Valverde playing but you all know what´s my opinion (and most of the people´s) about playing without a pure striker, even more if finally Ezquerro plays there. If Urzaiz doesn´t play at least put Azkorra (but he´s in Bilbao:eek: ) but not Ezquerro as striker, or the Ezquerro-Etxebe attack that never works!!!:mad: I hope it works today but our record without a pure striker is horrible! And I don´t understand why Tiko has to play if he´s been pathetic this season!

Anyway, I hope it works and we win, but I think Txingurri is playing with fire here, at least he isn´t playing Karanka this time...:rolleyes:

I don´t know what will be the system, probably a 4-2-3-1 with Ezquerro as striker and Yeste on the left, also something like this could be...

.....................Aranzubia

Iraola.........Murillo........L.Prieto.........Del Horno

...............Gurpegi.......Orbaiz

Tiko.........................................Yeste

..............Etxebe.......Ezquerro

We´re playing light blue shirt, black shorts and socks.:eek:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We´re playing this::eek::confused:

...................Aranzubia

Murillo.......Gurpegi.....L.Prieto.....Del Horno

...............Tiko......Orbaiz

Iraola..................................Yeste

..............Etxebe...Ezquerro

Yellow card for Gurpegi in the first minute, possible penalty for hand of a Standard defender and great chance for Standard in a header that went out for milimeters. Nice game, high rythm.

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL EZQUERROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Great play between Etxebe and Tiko and Ezquerro just had to push the ball to the goal.

AUPA ATHLETIC!!!!

I would love to eat my words today.;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BAKALAO BAKALAO BAKALAO BAKALAO BAKALAO!!!

EZQUERRO 0-2!!!!!!!!

Great counter by Orbaiz to Ezquerro and goal!!!!

Oh my god what a great game!!! only 8 minutes and 2 goals, now we have to control this, it´s a crazy game!!

Besiktas has just scored the 0-1 to Parma in the other game.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Penalty for Athletic.:nervous:

C´mon Iraola.

the goalie saved:( First penalty miss by Iraola in his life.:depress:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's so sad that I can't watch this game through internet...anyone knows stream adress that broadcast this game?? :sweeteye: :hopefull:

In fact, I'm watching Parma vs. Besiktas :rolleyes: :lazy:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don´t know seol, all I know is..........

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

YESTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-3!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy:

I´m sorry you can´t watch it, what an exciting game to watch.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Half time: Standard 1-3 Athletic

In the other game: Parma 2-1 Besiktas (with this score we would qualify even loosing by one)

Well, what an exciting game, it´s having everything; goals, chances for both teams, injuries (a Standard defender), a missed penalty and even a post, Murillo sent the ball to his own post in a corner.:dazed: Standard is playing dangerous long balls to their tanks while Athletic is making great counters with our fast forwards Etxebe and Ezquerro. What an envy all those Athletizales in Liegè.

I hope the second half is more calmed for Athletic, C´mon lions!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Parma game is interesting too, but I really want to see that game.... :sigh:

Anyway, it's good to hear that Athletic is leading the game...I just hope they can keep up the pace and seal the victory! :boxing:

Txupa, I'm afraid that this question is not related with Athletic, but hows' Sergio Conceicao doing in Standard?? I'm guessing he has some troubles with Del Horno :rollani:

Also, How's Tiko?? I just want to see his rocket style shot again :smileani:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GOALL EZQUERRO!!!!!!!!!!!! HAT-TRICK!!!!!!!!

1-4

As the first one, fantastic counter played by Tiko and Etxebe and Ezquerro just had to push it to the goal, wohooooooo!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Penalty for Athletic!!!!!!!!!!!! again very clear to Etxebe!!!

Aupa Andoni....

GOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! IRAOLA!!!!!!!!!

1-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Just after the goal, there has been 2 clear penalties in the same play, to Etxebe and Yeste, but the referee was ashamed of signing it I suppose...

PS: Seol I ´ll answer when it ends.

FANTASTIC SAVE BY STANDARD´S GOALIE AFTER A FANTASTIC VOLLEY BY DEL HORNO.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Athletic is on fire :fero:

I think Athletic is definitley through...now I'm guessing 5 more goals from Athletic:lala:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BAKALAO BAKALAO BAKALAO

ETXEBERRIA 1-7!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esto es el puto descojono!!!:happy:

I´m leaving for a while, I´ll return after the game.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts