Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1st Match of the group stage, very interesting match. Chelsea are the group favorites while Bordeaux are the underdogs who can cause troubles to both Chelsea and Roma. Bordeaux have missed last year's CL so they will try to prove a point. Essien is injured, which is trouble some for chelsea.

Any Expected Line-ups
What's Your Predictions for the match

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Well, after a difficult match on Saturday and a very difficult next Sunday, I think Scolari must make some rotations. Ballack is fit to play, so he will start for sure, and maybe Kalou, Ferreira, Bridge (Ivanovic please?) will do the same. I don't know a lot about Bordeaux, only a few about their attacking men, like Gourcuff, Chamakh or Obertan. We are in a big form, so 2-0.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
De Santo to get at least 30 mins of football I'd say; with his first senior goal as well :D

Anyhow my prediction is: Chelsea 4-0 Bordeaux( 2Lampard; J.Cole; De Santo)

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It was like a training match, not very entertaining for neutral because it was one sided from the start. However Scolari starts the cl with a win, I also like how he pushes the team to get more out of the game until the end.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.