Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nasri should be back but Diaby, RVP and Eddie remain doubts.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
----------------almunia--------------
sagna-----gallas----toure-------clichy
----------song----denilson------------
walcott-------cesc--------nasri-------
--------------adebayor----------------

blow not having arshavin for ucl but i think we should go for the above team away and then change to 4-4-2 in the home leg.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Ah this is more like it! Big game.

They will need to improve from the two games they showed against Roma or they will be out on their arse. Improve on the first leg against Roma by being more clinical in front of goal and taking the good chances that come along and from the second leg just need a better all round performance.

Villareal have some good players Cazorla, Fernandez, Rossi and Bobby although he struggles to last the games these days. Think he is better coming on in games now. Their centrebacks can be very good and very bad. Inconsistent. Not the quickest. Same old story really. Play with pace and get their defenders turned around.

Again hope Wenger is not too cagey in this match. Don't want a repeat of the Roma away performance.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah this is more like it! Big game.

They will need to improve from the two games they showed against Roma or they will be out on their arse. Improve on the first leg against Roma by being more clinical in front of goal and taking the good chances that come along and from the second leg just need a better all round performance.

Villareal have some good players Cazorla, Fernandez, Rossi and Bobby although he struggles to last the games these days. Think he is better coming on in games now. Their centrebacks can be very good and very bad. Inconsistent. Not the quickest. Same old story really. Play with pace and get their defenders turned around.

Again hope Wenger is not too cagey in this match. Don't want a repeat of the Roma away performance.
IN-****IN-DEED

Frankly our away form in the CL has been ****ing woeful thus far. We will not get away with anything less than a superb display from here on out. We will at the very least need one goal but quite frankly we really should nick a victory.

2-0 would be perfect.

·
Registered
738 Posts
----------------almunia--------------
sagna-----gallas----toure-------clichy
----------song----denilson------------
walcott-------cesc--------nasri-------
--------------adebayor----------------

blow not having arshavin for ucl but i think we should go for the above team away and then change to 4-4-2 in the home leg.
I'd go with this team as well. Shame Arshavin cannot participate, but we should be able this win this match nonetheless with the players we have available. Whenever Rosicky comes back, that should lessen the blow of not being able to play Arshavin in the Champions League.

Villarreal are currently losing 0-3 right now at the half versus Almeria, but I wouldn't look too much into it.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Villarreal lost 0-3. They didn't rest any players to my knowledge. I think the only starters missing were Senna and Godin, due to injury I suspect. Unsure about Villarreal chances now to be honest.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
We need to score at least two away goals as someone mentioned.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
santi cazorla apparently broke his leg tonight, i feel really sorry for the guy but its good for us as he would have been a real threat

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
real shame for him

ALMERIA, Spain (AP) -- Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla will miss the rest of the season after the Spain international broke his right leg on Saturday.

Cazorla was substituted in the 64th minute of Villarreal's 3-0 league defeat at Almeria. The Spanish league club said Cazorla fractured his shin.

Cazorla will undergo more tests on Monday to determine whether surgery was necessary.

Cazorla will miss the first leg of Villarreal's Champions League quarterfinal against Arsenal at El Madrigal Stadium on Tuesday. He will also not be available to play for Spain at June's Confederations Cup.

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
SBS won't be screening events live at 4:30am, instead coverage will proceed delayed from 7am.

So unfortunate for Santi. On the other hand, I feel great relief to recover Cesc at this moment after losing Andrei. What timing! Adebayor, too.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Poor Cazorla. He is a nice guy and very valuable for the Spanish NT, we'll miss him in June. Good we'll have Cesc back.

Back on game I think our formation will be the same as yesterday, as Nasri will come for Arshavin.
I feel positive about this game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i can't see villareal keeping a clean sheet against us , and they haven't beat any big club this season , i know they can give us problem and they are not easy to play against bla bla ...but if we can't beat villareal we don't deserve the trophy .

Pellegrini pulled off his two strikers , rossi and Llorente , in the 55' minute when his team was down by 3 goals to nil , just FYI

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Is Nasri definitely expected to be fit.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still questionable I believe, wouldn't be shocked to see him start on the bench.
If no Nasri we can expect the following squad

Almunia

Sagna----Gallas----Kolo----Clichy

Eboue----Denilson-----Song----Theo

Cesc

Ade

Subs: Fabianski, Bendtner, Djourou, Silvestre, Vela, Gibbs and Ramsey.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts