Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biggest game of the season so far and certainly the most difficult given the 1-0 loss to United at Old Trafford. The key to getting through to the final is not allowing United to score a goal. Given the recent defensive performances against the big teams, this task seems impossible, but with the quality in the squad it is something that is achievable if players play to their maximum.

Hopefully the line up Wenger starts with reflects one that has the intent to take the match to United. Being 1-0 down from the first leg to me means that the players just have to go for it and just see what the outcome is. Being cautious isn't a strong part of the current Arsenal team at all.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Forfit the game Wenger - or put the players in their right positions (Nasri DMC, Cesc AMC, Diaby Winger... :rollani:), and kick the lazy Adebayor in the arse.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
So what are we supposed to do here? Win 2-0?:howler:
Yeah but we'll score more than 2:frustrat: 3-1 to the Arsenal!!!

And if u don't believe that our players are capable to turn around this tie, you shouldn't even bother to watch them.

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
What i meant to say is, we shot ourselves in the foot when we didn't score at Old Trafford. I doubt we can keep a clean sheet against Man Utd, which is why i think we only have a 20% chance.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
We have all got to really believe. We need a brilliant atmosphere in the ground and to make it very hostile for them. This should'nt be a problem since Man Utd game always produce the best atmospheres. And this is no ordinary game. Me and a few ticketless mates are thinking to go down the Emirates about 2-3 hours before the game from when the team buses come in :)

On the pitch, Cesc has to go back to the centre. Thats the most important thing for me. I would not be too against the 4-5-1 considering we cant let them score. We can still create many problems for them if Cesc is pulling the strings, Nasri is back on the left and Diaby the furthest forward supporting Ade. I dont think RVP will be fit unfortunately so we wont even have an option on this.

·
Registered
42,987 Posts
Often we have seen it - a team fails to capitalise on their opportunities and then the outplayed opponent strikes back! Perhaps that can give some of us hope, but saying that, I'm thinking in the context of a single match, not two legs. By the time this occasion is upon us, will the minds of the United players be entirely clear from what formerly took place? I suppose so. The aggregate is 1-0 and that's that!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
What's wrong about you?
being realistic maybe? thats whats wrong.. our team is complete shite and has been whole year they have overachieved to make it this far.. congrats to them but changes need to be made in the summer.. starting from Crapdebayor to song to denilson to diaby to eboue to silvestre to gibbs.. nuff said.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
being realistic maybe? thats whats wrong.. our team is complete shite and has been whole year they have overachieved to make it this far.. congrats to them but changes need to be made in the summer.. starting from Crapdebayor to song to denilson to diaby to eboue to silvestre to gibbs.. nuff said.
wow way to support a team who has shown great determination and quality to turn this season around and remain unbeaten in the prem since november. i agree with you that some changes are needed, but wholesale changes are not what is needed. a quality centreback is a must and quality centremidfielder is needed, then we can really challenge. its not championship manager where you can just take apart a team and lavish money on other players, with the right additions (which is wenger's responsiblity in the summer) we will have a team to match anyone's.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
wow way to support a team who has shown great determination and quality to turn this season around and remain unbeaten in the prem since november. i agree with you that some changes are needed, but wholesale changes are not what is needed. a quality centreback is a must and quality centremidfielder is needed, then we can really challenge. its not championship manager where you can just take apart a team and lavish money on other players, with the right additions (which is wenger's responsiblity in the summer) we will have a team to match anyone's.
im just repaying them for their efforts shown in the first three quarters of the season.. :)

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
Thank god theres still some objectivity around here.:thumbsup:

Ya, they showed such quality that they eclipsed Villa for 4th place, we should all rejoice that, as it proves we are a determined and quality team:rollani:

On a more serious note, no we didnt show quality and no we didn't show determination. We're an average team that got lucky with the CL draw and the FA cup draw, don't kid yourself, the only reason we're in the semi's of both tournaments is because we didn't face any good enough team.

Now if we had beaten Chelsea or Man Utd in one of the semi's, i wouldnt have said this, because it would have meant that we deserved to be where we are.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.