Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge game against Porto on Tuesday. If the lads are still scratching their head in the aftermath of only our second loss in sixty matches at the Emirates Stadium then things could get really nasty. And fast. This is our biggest game of the season so far. First, we need to show a good response to the defeat last night. Secondly, there's a tricky CL group to take control of and if we're to do that then nothing less than three points will suffice here. Arsene in his Hull City post-match interview conceded that the attitude was not right and appeared to also question the commitment of some of his players. Those issues must be addressed and it will be interesting to see how the squad copes mentally. The response to the loss at Fulham was first-class so hopefully we can expect something similar in this instance.

Nothing to write home about on the injury front, the closest player that has an outside chance of returning to the squad is Samir Nasri. Diaby is still injured and AW says he is "speechless" about Rosicky's situation.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
and AW says he is "speechless" about Rosicky's situation.
:howler:

Yes big game and it's probably what they need. Can't see Porto bombarding us aerially so that weakness should be ok in this game. That's not to say we won't get done on a setpiece. We are playing against the Incredible Hulk in this game.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
0-0

·
props u can read
768 Posts
Obviously Quaresma not playing for them anymore is a relief but make no mistake they are still a very decent side we could still roll them over if we played to our potential, but when was the last time we played to our potential? exactly. i will go for a 1-0

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
This will be the first time that we will face a team that has geniune quality. I think the most important and dangerous guy for them will be Lopez simply because his game relies on his fantastic movement and it is something that the Arsenal defence struggle at. I can easily see Lopez popping through the gaps that the Arsenal defence are prone to creating and having a shot on goal.

I'm looking for the response from the players. The last time they lost, the urgency in their play was evident, however Porto are a much better side than the current Newcastle one.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
This will be the first time that we will face a team that has geniune quality. I think the most important and dangerous guy for them will be Lopez simply because his game relies on his fantastic movement and it is something that the Arsenal defence struggle at. I can easily see Lopez popping through the gaps that the Arsenal defence are prone to creating and having a shot on goal.

I'm looking for the response from the players. The last time they lost, the urgency in their play was evident, however Porto are a much better side than the current Newcastle one.
:eek::confused:

You are overating Porto.....they are pretty average nowadays without assunçao,bosingwa and quaresma plus pepe and anderson who they lost two seasons ago.

Porto 06/07 and 07/08 was cl material not this one.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
lol.

See all of Porto's CL match threads in our opponent's forums to understand how accurate kleber's opinions of Porto are.

kleber, you still don't have the balls to accept when you lose bets to me, so run off and hide now. Your talk from the Fenerbahce forum a couple of weeks ago is still cracking me up. :howler:

Benjie said:
I think the most important and dangerous guy for them will be Lopez simply because his game relies on his fantastic movement and it is something that the Arsenal defence struggle at. I can easily see Lopez popping through the gaps that the Arsenal defence are prone to creating and having a shot on goal.
Lucho Gonzalez is the player to watch. Lisandro Lopez, Cristian Rodriguez, and Hulk will only get opportunities when Lucho is creating.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick note on Van Persie; I think he's too obsessed with making a reputation for himself rather than playing for the team, to be honest. I am not sure if this is because he feels pressure to make up for missing so many games every season or whether he genuinely believes he can become the best player in the World. I just feel he tries too hard most of the time, seems to be neglecting the basics.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I predict a 2-1 score for porto-fenerbahce now it is 3-1 for Arsenal.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Gonna be tough, but should be able to make our way over the mountain. 2-1 or 2-0.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
:eek::confused:

You are overating Porto.....they are pretty average nowadays without assunçao,bosingwa and quaresma plus pepe and anderson who they lost two seasons ago.

Porto 06/07 and 07/08 was cl material not this one.
I'm not overrating Porto, are they not much better than Newcastle?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Porto were bad enough at our place when they had guys like Quaresma and Anderson, blimey they must be crap now, if we don't take care of these then the players need a good hard look at themsleves.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I'm not overrating Porto, are they not much better than Newcastle?
Like i sdaid in the preview of this group Arsenal will win all the games at home unless it happens a arsenal-cska like in 2006.:howler:

Now how many points will lose Arsenal away or better how many they will won,that is the question?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Nasri is back, hopefully that ends the Eboue as LW experiment.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eboue will keep his starting spot and rightly so - he's been one of our best players this season and doesn't deserve the bench.

Walcott and Van Persie are likely to drop to the bench for this one.

Eboue - Cesc - Denilson - Nasri

Adebayor - Bendtner​

1 - 20 of 103 Posts