Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

v

UEFA Champions League: Tue 29th Apr, Old Trafford

Any sort of win puts us through, score draw is the minimum Barca need to progress so despite our incredible home record you can see why a lot of people feel they'll go through. I'm confident though that we can keep the winning run at home going, it's just too big a occasion for us to **** up, this is what SAF has been working at for nearly a decade and I don't think he'll have a better chance for a while. It's easy, win and we're in Moscow and I think we can sneak it by the odd goal, 3-2 to us, Ronaldo 2 and Scholesy scoring. :thumbsup:

What sort of team should we put out? I think the key will be to play a high pressure games to put Barca on the rack as early as possible in the game, we'll be in trouble if we let them dictate the play at our own place. Anderson would be vital to such a performance so him being taken off a bit earlier than usual with no sign of injury possibly points towards him starting on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Anyway, this is a chance to do something that is lacking in our history, CL Finals. I'll be astounded if every man in red isn't super pumped for this, what an incredible opportunity this is. Come on Reds, don't let us down here, don't let yourselves down.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
---------------------VDS-----------------------

Brown-----Ferdinand------Vidic-------------Evra
Rooney---Carrick----------Scholes---------Park
----------------Tevez-------------------------

------------------------------Ronaldo--------

It almost worked last time. :D

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

:howler:

·
Registered
653 Posts

Either this or

VDS
hargreaves---rio----vidic----evra
ronaldo----anderson---carrick---nani
rooney---tevez

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK....let them score 3 and we will score 4..

Nothing in between that. Plzz fergie...plzzzz......

·
Registered
15,634 Posts

LMAO:D. If we attack them from the get go, we have a superb chance. Hopefully we have luck, and take any chances that we get.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
are you going to actually play this match only on bbc three there is a documentary about tortoises?

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
CMON!!!!!!!!!! juss catch them by the neck and dont let go.... 2-0 to us tevez and ronaldo......

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Jern, that was that funny I'm not sure if I should shit my pants or piss 'em.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
He is funny indeed but you should have won the award not him.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
it wasn't a joke, the Chelsea v Pool match was more of a proper contest and that is damning the way you played last week after all talk of a classic.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
it wasn't a joke, the Chelsea v Pool match was more of a proper contest and that is damning the way you played last week after all talk of a classic.

Hey, none of us have defended our performance. We were all disappointed about Wednesday, but Arsenal fans of all people should never talk about boring games because you were serving up boring games week after week until Wenger came along.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Barca were really bad last week when United played deep and defended as a unit, but I think Barca are worse when you put them on the backfoot and put pressure on them. That means having a midfield that can contain possesion i.e. Carrick, Scholes and Anderson, and an attacking force that will pressure the defender i.e. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. I wouldn't start Giggs at all, I think he has lost it. Fergie has to go for it, and not worry about Barca's forward line but I have a feeling he will still show too much respect to them.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Barca were really bad last week when United played deep and defended as a unit, but I think Barca are worse when you put them on the backfoot and put pressure on them. That means having a midfield that can contain possesion i.e. Carrick, Scholes and Anderson, and an attacking force that will pressure the defender i.e. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. I wouldn't start Giggs at all, I think he has lost it. Fergie has to go for it, and not worry about Barca's forward line but I have a feeling he will still show too much respect to them.

or when you play physical with their runt of a midfield but can M.U. play that style?

beware of the Xavi hail mary goal.....

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
United have the players to play like that. Fletcher and Hargreaves don't mind being physical at all. On the downside it will mean one of Scholes, Carrick and Anderson won't start though and with Scholes and Carrick sitting deep in United's system, they will need Anderson to be the player that supports the forwards.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
For [email protected]'s sake....even if we go down, might as well go down with gns blazing!!

No tinkering about or paying respect to the opposition by setting the formation to counter their strengths. Barca are coming to Old Trafford and they should have been shitting in their pants by the prospect. However, last week's effort would only have bolstered their confidence but the lads should let them know that they are in a game right from the first whistle.

We have greater unity among the squad and though there is very little to choose from regarding quality, United really should be capable of putting this game to bed within the first 45 minutes.

--------------------VDS-------------------------
Brown:(.......Rio...................Vida.........Evra.........
.........................Carrick...................................
..........Andershow.................Scholes/Giggs.................
Ronaldo..................................Rooney...................
.................Carlitos.......................................

1 - 20 of 314 Posts