Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

v

UEFA Champions League: Wed 17th Sep, Old Trafford

Might as well just get this one up nice and early, can't dwell on that poor performance at Anfield for too long.

Ronaldo's back, that's good news isn't it? :D What kind of reception do you lads think he'll get?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Last thing this team needs right now is booboys berating our best player. We arent playing well at all and need a big performance. Fingers crossed thats wat we get.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He won't get booed. We've gone over and over the Ronaldo situation all Summer... so fcuk it now. Just let him play his game and hope he's as good as last season.

My team:

------------------Foster

Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra

-------Hargreaves----Anderson

Ronaldo--------Rooney--------Tevez

---------------Berbatov

Ferie's team:

-----------------Van Der Sar

Brown------Ferdinand------Vidic----Evra
Rooney

-------------Hargreaves------Anderson

-----Ronaldo---------------------------Tevez

-------------------Berbatov

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
We're gonna lose 2-0. Our season is over. Even if we go on to win the league, today will just sour it. As my Facebook status says, I'm very ****ing pissed off.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I have doubts about Villarreal, they miss Nihat due to injury I believe. But they are usually pretty solid in defence with Gonzalo and Godin. So my prediction is 1-0 win for Man Utd

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
He won't get booed. We've gone over and over the Ronaldo situation all Summer... so fcuk it now. Just let him play his game and hope he's as good as last season.
haha, nice words from you now. :D I´m sure some fans still hate him for the summer comedy. IF Cristiano´s playing I hope he is 100 per cent fit. We need him, yes. But no need to risk something and let him play too early.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
haha, nice words from you now. :D I´m sure some fans still hate him for the summer comedy. IF Cristiano´s playing I hope he is 100 per cent fit. We need him, yes. But no need to risk something and let him play too early.
Make love to me.:angel:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
-----------------Van Der Sar

Brown------Ferdinand------Vidic----Evra
Rooney

-------------Hargreaves------Anderson

-----Ronaldo---------------------------Tevez

-------------------Berbatov
LOL.

That is the most possible line up ( i think scholes may take the place of andersson) we will miss carrick though . After he went out injured, we were not the same team in the 2nd half at anfield.

I dont think any one will Boo ronaldo. He certanly has lost some respect of the fans but they know better than to BOO a player in a match where we MUST produce a good performance.

My prediction : 2-1 to us..tevez and rooney with the goals.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
LOL.

That is the most possible line up ( i think scholes may take the place of andersson) we will miss carrick though . After he went out injured, we were not the same team in the 2nd half at anfield.

I dont think any one will Boo ronaldo. He certanly has lost some respect of the fans but they know better than to BOO a player in a match where we MUST produce a good performance.

My prediction : 2-1 to us..tevez and rooney with the goals.....
Scholes is suspended as far as i know

·
Registered
741 Posts
We're gonna lose 2-0. Our season is over. Even if we go on to win the league, today will just sour it. As my Facebook status says, I'm very ****ing pissed off.
LOL come on mate don't be like that

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Rossi Relishing United Encounter

Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi is hoping to be fit in time to face former club Manchester United on Wednesday night...

Villarreal have a number of injury worries ahead of their Champions League opener at Old Trafford. Turkish striker Nihat Kahveci is expected to sit out Sunday's clash against Deportivo La Coruna, while Robert Pires, the former Arsenal winger, is also struggling with a thigh strain.

To further compound the Yellow Submarine's attacking woes, Rossi - who was instrumental in steering the Valencian side to second place in La Liga last term - must prove his fitness after picking up an ankle injury recently.

The 21-year-old arrived at El Madrigal last summer in a £6.6million deal following his short loan spell at Parma, where he scored nine goals in 19 games. United had a buy-back clause inserted in his contract, however, which will allow them to re-sign the Italian youngster if they so desire.

Rossi failed to truly break into the senior side during his time with the Red Devils, who he joined as a 17-year-old in 2004, but he is desperate face his old friends on Wednesday night.

"I’m hopeful I can feature," he told EFE. "I feel good and I’m slowly recovering my best form.

"The game against United will be a great encounter against the best team in the world and for me it’s going to be special having played there.

"All the players at Villarreal can’t wait to play such a game."

Kieran Quentin

--------------------------------------------------------

as for that **** ronaldo, as much as i hate him i would never boo a united player on the pitch, but I wouldnt salute him either and i will never forgive him.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1-0 in the end, only watched the first half and it was a decent finish from Cazorla deciding it.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Yeah I watched it, Villareal look nothing special especially when you consider that Depor are one of La Liga's weakest sides. Plus Nihat and Rossi are both likely to be out for the United game so they will be very thin up front. However they are very well organised and hard to break down. They play with Senna and Edmilson in central midfield protecting the back four, so whilst they don't have much creativity, they are very determined and defensive. I can see us struggling to get the opening goal. However we should have too much quality for them, the only player of theirs that we need to look out for is Cazorla, but he is no match for Rio and Vidic.

On a semi-related issue, what is the football coverage like in England? I know in South Africa I never have to watch streams because we get shown an incredible amount of football over here. For the equivalent of $30 a month you get: Every Premier League game, 5-8 Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Championship games every weekend. Then you get about 4 hours a day each of Man Utd TV, Liverpool TV, Real Madrid TV, Chelsea TV and Barca TV. Then of course you have all the International and Champions League/Uefa Cup games. However I seem to hear that lots of people in England don't get to watch the Champions League and certain league games without watching it on their computers?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a semi-related issue, what is the football coverage like in England? I know in South Africa I never have to watch streams because we get shown an incredible amount of football over here. For the equivalent of $30 a month you get: Every Premier League game, 5-8 Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Championship games every weekend. Then you get about 4 hours a day each of Man Utd TV, Liverpool TV, Real Madrid TV, Chelsea TV and Barca TV. Then of course you have all the International and Champions League/Uefa Cup games. However I seem to hear that lots of people in England don't get to watch the Champions League and certain league games without watching it on their computers?
Crikey, that makes England look even more expensive. Sky sports is the main provider of live football and have the rights for all the big games. You'll get around 3 or 4 live premiership games a week from them, aswell as 3 spanish ones. There's also obviously lower league football and carling cup. The CL coverage is really the only reason some are arsed to overpay. You get all the games live simultaneously via the red button.

That will set you back around £38 quid if youre on the basic sky package. Setanta sports are the only other PL football provider, for £12.99 you'll get 2 premiership games + french, portuguese , german and some dutch football. Apparently they've got the rights for Serie A but i'm not entirely sure about that.

I've probably left out some stuff but all in all it can only be summed up in one word - overpriced. I've got sky sports and setanta but i've only got the latter because of a special offer at only £5 a month, the service is awful. At any sign of rain you lose your signal. I was gonna cancel it but they nabbed 5 quid from my account last week so I might aswell keep it for a couple of weeks and then **** em off just before the next payment is due. :D

Anyway, i've signed up to tvandsportstreams, basically broadcasts nearly everything in good winamp links. Very rarely do you get shit streams. And at £12 for a 3 month pass its good value imo.

If you're into boxing it's an absolute must

http://www.tvandsportstreams.tv/forum/index.php

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I got setanta on my computer, about 7 quid a month, I only got it because they show all the big boxing fights without any PPV nonsense. Well, except Amir Khan. Just another example of Sky trying to rip us off, £15 for an Amir Con fight aswell as full sky subscription, while for £7 a month Setanta give you Hatton vs Mayweather, Calzaghe vs Kessler/Hopkins, Margarito vs Cotto etc.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
this game will be very tight, with both teams having decent defensive records and slightly poor attacking records.

I suppose it will depend on if ronaldo plays and if he is actually fully fit or has been rushed back. 0-0 or 1-1 for this, villarreal will most likely set up defensivly

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Anyway, i've signed up to tvandsportstreams, basically broadcasts nearly everything in good winamp links. Very rarely do you get shit streams. And at £12 for a 3 month pass its good value imo.

If you're into boxing it's an absolute must

http://www.tvandsportstreams.tv/forum/index.php

So you get the lot on that then? I hate missing 3pm Sat aways. Plus I wouldn't mind a little bit of Serie A on a Sunday afternoon now it's off 5... or the decent Sunday 4pm La Liga games.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts