Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the season starts next saturday, this game is a lot bigger in terms of the impact a poor result could have on the season. If the team shows up and dominates like they are capable of doing then this should be a comfortable victory, however games at this stage of the season is difficult to predict simply because some players won't be as ready as others.

I think the key in this game is to get an early goal. The longer a goal isn't scored, the longer the Twente players may feel as though they could get something out of the game. I hope the defensive frailties at the back are sorted out in time for the game, but I highly doubt that they will and I hope van Persie finally gets going. He hasn't looked too strong so far in any of the pre-season games and it is important that he gets going because he adds another dangerous dimension to the teams game.

Expected starting line up: Almunia; Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy; Walcott, Fabregas, Denilson, Nasri; van Persie, Adebayor.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Benjie you are undermining the importance of this game. We have to qualify and its never a god given right for us to just show up and win.

We better go out there and dominate the game and finish with a fantastic away result because this is do or die in terms of entering the CL.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I reckon we can score a good few goals, however we will conceed.

Twente 1 - 3 Arsenal

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
nothing more worse than going 3-0 up and then conceding an unecessary goal.

i bet this game will be like all of our friendlies so far, go 1-0 down by half time and win 2-1 in the end. gah

·
Registered
211 Posts
before, i wished that we play against them.. and kick mcclaren out..
but right now iam afraid of them:\.. i think they can make us many problems..
we have to get a postive result in the away game..
and the players should play thier best.. they have to play to win not to entertain

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Twente played better football then Ajax last season.
But their 2 best midfielders are gone and their best striker is suspended.

Easy win by the Arsenal I'd say. You guys don't have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lineup then:

------------------Alumina------------------------
Sagna-------Gallas-----Senderos-----------Clichy
Walcott--------Denilson-----Cesc-------Nasri----
-----------Bendtner----------------------------
-----------------Adebayor----------------------

I'd drop Toure for this one as I prefer Senderos. Also, Van Persie should be a sub for this one to indicate that he needs to get back to 100%.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Likely starting 11 same as Ajax

Almunia

Sagna---Gallas---Toure---Clichy

Eboue----Cesc---Denilison---Walcott

RVP--Ade

Bench: Fabianski, Senderos, Bendtner, Vela, Wilshere, Djourou, Ramsey.

Diaby and Nasri are doubtful due to injuries.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd like to see

-------------Fabianski---------------

-Sagna----Senderos---Gallas--Clichy-

-------------Denilson----------------
-------Cesc--------------------------
--------------------Nasri-------------
-Van Persie-------------------Vela----
-------------Adebayor----------------

But Wenger will probably play

-----------Average Al---------------

-Sagna--Toure-----Gallas----Clichy--

-Eboue----Cesc---Denilson??-Nasri--

----------RvP-------Adebayor------

Either way I'm reasonably happy

·
Registered
373 Posts
If Rosicky and Nasri aren't available then it's gotta be Vela on the left and Theo an the right.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Fabregas should not be risked I think.

Also, it is important not to concede a goal.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Yeah he should. All of our offensive players are important for this one considering how important it is to score some goals in the away fixture. Twente are by no means a blow over team. They beat Ajax for the chance to play these fixtures.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Arsène Wenger: 'We have a big squad at home'

Arsène Wenger has explained the major absences in his squad for the trip to FC Twente on Wednesday.

Arsenal are missing five major names and the long-term sidelined Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo.

It leaves the Frenchman relying on youngsters like Aaron Ramsey and Denilson to inspire his squad to a crucial victory in Holland.

"We have a big squad at home" said Wenger.

"Kolo Toure, Philippe Senderos, Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo are out.

"Kolo has a hip muscle problem. Cesc has a hamstring problem, he will be out for the next two games.

"Abou Diaby (thigh) will be out for a while, we knew that. Philippe Senderos has a scan on his hamstring. He did that today whereas Fabregas did his hamstring yesterday.

"Samir Nasri (knee/thigh) should be OK for Saturday and so should Kolo Toure".

When asked who was likely to come in as a replacement the manager replied "Aaron Ramsey has a good chance to start".

Arsenal squad
Manuel ALMUNIA
Lukasz FABIANSKI
Bacary SAGNA
William GALLAS
Gael CLICHY
Justin HOYTE
Johan DJOUROU
Aaron RAMSEY
Jack WILSHERE
Kieran GIBBS
DENILSON
Theo WALCOTT
Emmanuel EBOUE
Mark RANDALL
Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
Robin VAN PERSIE
Nicklas BENDTNER
Carlos VELA

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
We may as well just quit playing football all together and become a mother ****ing hospital. This bullshit always happens to us. Barcelona can whine about their injuries but they don't even compare to ours. Plus our depth is laughable at best.

I seriously hopping we make it to the champions league now. This is ****ing outrageous.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
For me it's simple, if Wenger doesn't spend quick and good, and if Arsenal fail to win something, he should go - because this is getting ridiculus, no debth and more injuries. For fvck sake, buy some players if there are allways injuries. :(

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
For me it's simple, if Wenger doesn't spend quick and good, and if Arsenal fail to win something, he should go - because this is getting ridiculus, no debth and more injuries. For fvck sake, buy some players if there are allways injuries. :(
And who the fvck should Arsenal replace him with? Name one world class manager, comparable to Wenger, who you'd bring to Arsenal.

Injuries are Wenger's fault too? :rollani:

Twente is missing some big players too. Remain relaxed please.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts