Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

v

UEFA Champions League: Wed, 11th Mar, Old Trafford

Rio is a big doubt for this one while O'Shea is out altogether which means Fletcher will move to right back unless Neville or Rafael recover in time for Wednesday. Another reason why Hargreaves being out all season is a bummer. No real injury problems aside from that. Tevez must have put a doubt in Fergie's mind after a couple of goals and a much more fluid brand of football from the team in general. I think him and Rooney upfront would be much suited to keeping Inter on their toes all game as opposed to Berba who did very little in the San Siro in a game we dominated. Great player but Tevez has the sort of attributes that would give us the best chance on the night. Still expect Berbs to start though, Fergie is just loyal like that.

Put aside all the nonsense about Fergie vs Mourinho and just consider the circumstances of this game on Wednesday, we're at home needing any sort of win to go through, before our draw to Villarreal in September last year we had 12 wins in a row at home and we beat the likes of Ac Milan, Barca, Lyon, Roma etc on that run, we can beat anyone at home. The players will have this belief with them and the confidence of our recent run in all competitions this season. The whole squad is involved in our success so everyone is together while the fans at home on European nights are some of the best around.

Think the boys will be roared into a hard fought 2-1 win here, Rooney and Ronaldo with the goals. :hopeful: :thumbsup:

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
waiting for this thread since the first leg.... as usual we have our defensive probs in the CL... but i guess RIO will play... we might even get to see evans at right back i guess he played there just a few games back.. as for the TEVEZ issue it will be a shame if the guy doesnt get to play even as a sub... a player of Tevez calibre has to be playing in the CL.. it just shows our squad depth but no one can blame him for leaving the club if he doesnt get the nod on these huge occasions after a really good game against fulham..

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Inter will have Samuel back for this game, making it:

...................Cesar..................
Maicon..Cordoba..Samuel..Santon
...Zanetti..Cambiasso..???????....
...............Stankovic................
.....???????.........Zlatan............

The mystery men will be either Muntari or Vieira in midfield and Balotelli or Adriano in attack. Both Adriano and Vieira were left out in the weekend, either because they are being rested or because the average one is unhappy with them.

Either way, you should be able to teach Inter another football lesson, like they get each year at this stage. Inter isnt the joke of the CL for no reason.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I think we should give the big boys a rest with Liverpool in mind at the weekend. Perhaps give some of the youngsters a chance to show what they're made of. I'm sure Eckersley and Macheda will be able to do the business at Old Trafford, we wouldn't want the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney to overexert themselves after all.

Ok jinxing over. Let's just win this one please.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Scared sh!tless about this one.

Hope we don't crucify ourselves with defensive mistakes like we have done over the years (apart from last season).

Saying that, if we attack them and our front players take their chances unlike at San Siro, we should win as we are simply better in midfield and attack than Inter (hoping that this is not the first game where Zlatan actually wakes up in the CL).

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The mystery men will be either Muntari or Vieira in midfield and Balotelli or Adriano in attack. Both Adriano and Vieira were left out in the weekend, either because they are being rested or because the average one is unhappy with them.

Either way, you should be able to teach Inter another football lesson, like they get each year at this stage. Inter isnt the joke of the CL for no reason.
Is Samuel definitely confrmed to be back? EVen if he isn't fully fit, that would be a huge boost for Inter.

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts

i really think your going to play only IBRA in the front ... and then introduce another striker if things go wrong..

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I think we will play 433 now, considering Scholesy and Giggsy were rested, whilst Park played. Otherwise, either Nani will start in a 442 (highly unlikely) or a 4231 with crazy FM attack:D(no chance of it happening).

I'm expecting this for midfield/attack:

-------------------Berbatov
------Rooney---------------------Ronaldo
---------Giggsy---Carrick---Scholesy

For defence, if Dopey makes it, I'd rather have Evans than O'Shea at right back. Though Yatta reminded me of Fletcher, hope he is the right back.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
i really think your going to play only IBRA in the front ... and then introduce another striker if things go wrong..
No chance of that happening.

Not only have Zlatan never played a good game while being alone on top, we also dont have the midfielders to play 5 at a time.

Unless the average on has another brain fart and plays Maxwell in midfield.

But im 99% certain it wont happen.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I think we will see Carrick-Giggs in midfield with Nani and Ronaldo on the wings. Rooney and Berbatov, we are going to Blitzkrieg them like we do everytime a big team that is not Barcelona come to Old Trafford.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts