Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

v

UEFA Champions League: Wed, 10th Mar, Old Trafford

Hopefully we don't risk Rooney here, there's a lot bigger stakes to play for than just this game this season. Berbatov to go it alone upfront again and I truly hope we don't see Gibson start again, it's embarrassing. Go with Park centrally or Valencia(plays there for Ecuador sometimes) if need be.

2-1 to United, Berbatov and Fletch with the goals. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

13,358 Posts
Haha. :D

If we start Berbatov as a lone striker then we'll lose the only advantage we have over Milan.... Power and pace.

That's the only reason we won in San Siro, we picked them off as their stamina levels dropped with the pace and power of Rooney, Fletch and Valencia. Berbs wont even be in the box for the crosses flying in..... :(

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I don't see Gibson starting. I do see Rooney playing though. I know this isn't the greatest of Milan teams and we should dispense of them but they've got the players to turn it on and if they get an early goal then our arses will start to twitch. So I think if Rooney is fit enough he'll play. He won't risk him if it's more serious but if he can get him on the pitch then he will.

As for the team... it's pretty set in stone for me apart from the RB spot and whehter Rooney makes it.

Valencia on the right. Nani on the left with Scholes and Fletcher in the middle to be joined by Park who'll be told to pressure their CMs and buzz around Pirlo all night then Rooney or Berba up top depending on fitness.

Then again he might just think fcuk it, OT will be rocking, 4-4-2 and get at them.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Yeah, you have to play Rooney if he is fit enough I think. I would hope Ferguson feels the same way because I'd like to see another run at the CL title.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
VDS
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Scholes Fletcher Park
Valencia Rooney Nani

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
i hope rooneys o.k we're gonna need him for this game.. berbatov should start aslo, was pleased wit what he did vs wolves. damn ot is gonna be heated,,,,, can't wait.

·
Registered
798 Posts
if Rooney is able to play, he will. it will be 4-5-1 and why change a winning formation to be honest.

I can see this being a very tight game. 1-1 Valencia & whoever for them!

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Pato's in the squad

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Give the reserves a run out, they would at worst get a draw against this Milan.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Haha, would be funny if Utd went out after your post. :D

You will progress though.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Give the reserves a run out, they would at worst get a draw against this Milan.
A draw? With Beckham starting, the reserves can pull a 3-0.

·
Scudetto
23,374 Posts
Beckham will start. Hopefully oldies like Scholes somehow forgot they ain't teammates anymore and passes the ball to Beckham :hopeful:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Milan can kiss their "hope" goodbye if Becks stars, what a liability.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts