1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VS

FC BARCELONA (3) vs (2) CELTIC FC
Camp Nou (Barcelona) - Tue, Mar 4 - 20:45

After the fantastic victory in Glasgow, Barcelona only need to keep the good result to advance to the next round of the UEFA Champions League. What looks an easy task on paper shouldn't be an excuse to relax. In fact, the worst enemy for Barcelona is relax. The players need to keep the concentration and respect the rival in order to avoid problems against Celtic.

The first minutes of the game will be important in the fate of this game. Barcelona shouldn't open the door to a surprising result keeping the control of the game. Celtic know that their chances start with a goal that could make us feel nervous. Barcelona must keep the concentration and the ball possession. Barcelona need to be Barcelona and forget about speculations with the result as the best way to defeat our friends from Glasgow.

SOM-HI BARÇA!

·
Registered
639 Posts
The line up

Zambro-Thuram-Milito-Sylvinho

Xavi-Toure

Messi-Etoo-Henry-Ronnie

Yes I'm going for the fantastic 4. I wanna see it, lets put on a performance to remember!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
--------------Valdes----------------
-Zambro---Thuram---Puyol--Sylvinho-
----------------Yaya----------------
----------Xavi---------Roni----------
--Messi---------------------Iniesta--
---------------Eto'o-----------------

or

----------Xavi---------Yaya---------
--Messi----------------------Iniesta-
------------Eto'o----Henry-----------

Roni, is too slow and has lost his dribbling touch, he cant anymore play on the wing, i think rijkaard should put him next to Xavi in the midfield, there he can supply the 3 forwards with thru passes...

if rijkaard wants to play both henry and etoo, he needs to switch to 4-4-2, with messi and inesta on the wings, and xavi and yaya in the midfield.....

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
might as well rest yaya, deco, and messi again!

if they're getting a vacation from Frank then by all means its rude to cut theirs short for an easier fixture.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Bojan most be given a chance to score that historical goal in this match, otherwise I'm gonna be really disapointed with Franky. :pp

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Every coach out there would have played Toure and Messi against Atl. Madrid and to rest them for this match...
Rijkaard rested them for a match against atl. to play them against celtic and maybe collect the 3 yellow....

I would rest both of them, we cant afford to loose them in the away game of the quarter

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Alright lads, we're not expecting too much out of this game but mainly just hoping that The Bhoys give a better account of themselves than they managed to in the first leg against Barça in terms of our performance.

We're basically playing for pride in this game and the players will be looking to give the thousands of Celts who will be travelling over something to make the long trip worthwhile. It's also an opportunity for those Celtic fans to re-emphasise that we are not the people when it comes to supporting our club in Europe, so i'm sure there will be a great party atmosphere around Barcelona between the Celts and Catalans once again.

Here's hoping for a good match, and maybe even a Celtic win. :D

Hail Hail.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
This ish ain't over in my books. They sneak an early goal or a go ahead goal around the 70th min or so and this emotionally unstable bunch could very quickly lose the plot. I've seen this team complicate easier situations than this.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
This ish ain't over in my books. They sneak an early goal or a go ahead goal around the 70th min or so and this emotionally unstable bunch could very quickly lose the plot. I've seen this team complicate easier situations than this.
I totally agree. You can't take anything for granted when it comes to Barça these days.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
The list:

Valdés, Pinto, Henry, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Sylvinho, Bojan, Eto'o, Milito, Messi, Ronaldinho, Deco, Abidal, Thuram, Zambrotta, Gudjohnsen y Touré Yaya.

No Giovani, Edmilson and Rafa.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
The squad:
Pinto, Valdés, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Thuram, Sylvinho, Abidal, Touré Yaya, Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Gudjohnsen, Henry, Bojan, Messi, Eto'o y Ronaldinho.

Gio and Edmilson not called up for technical reasons.

Probable line-up:

------------Valdes---------
-Zambrotta-Puyol-Milito-Abidal
------------Touré----------
-----Iniesta-------Deco-----
--Messi----------------Ronaldinho
------------Henry-------------

I think Rijkaard will continue with his rotation policy and this time Eto'o and Xavi will sit on the bench.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Well said the careful lads. Be very very careful Barça. Think Metz and some nightmare match against a Russian team in 1993!

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I wouldn't mind a 0-0 draw here, heck just end this game asap and qualify.

Gotta show Celtics respect though and not take the away win for granted, they're dangerous.

·
Registered
713 Posts
maybe rijkaard should try a 4-4-2 in this game:

----------Xavi---------Yaya---------
--Messi----------------------Iniesta-
------------Eto'o----Henry-----------

1 - 20 of 141 Posts