Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Wed, Apr 8 | 20:45

A historical night in the Camp Nou. We receive the visit of the German giant, Bayern Munich, in the quarter finals of the Champions League.

On paper, it seems that everyone considers our team the favourite to win this game, but it is not that history support this argument at all, since Bayern Munich have always been a nightmare for us in the European competition. Statistics are done to be broken though.

Barcelona reach this game with all the key players fit and prepared to face our rival. It'd be very important to achieve a good result in this first leg, since this game is played in the Camp Nou. As always, it'll be very important not to receive any goal at home.

Our team should not be fooled by the supposed bad moment of our rival, who got defeated 5-1 by Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga this weekend. Klinsmann's team will suffer the absences of Van Buyten and Lucio, and it's known that Altintop, Ribery and Lahm have had some minor injuries these weeks.

Barcelona must always respect and keep in mind that Bayern is one of the greatest clubs of the world and the weight of their shirt is very important. This is the kind of game to win from the big respect on the rival.

A night to make history.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
5-0. Messi hat-trick and Titi twice.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
It's gonna be tougher than everyone expects. There's no way in hell a German team suffers a humiliation two games on a trot. Just not gonna happen.

I'm confident we can get a good result. I just hope we somehow manage to keep a clean sheet. That would a massive advantage for the return leg.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Is Abidal back for this one?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
i think you'll beat them, they have some issues with injuries and are on low morale following the 5-1 destruction in the hands of wolfsburg

go barca!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
score as many as we can like 5 - 0 or somethin to kill the game off @ home and concentrate back to la liga.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I think their best game comes in the air and it is not a joke it is our worse game plane, so we must be ready for both Toni and Podi in the air.
in another note if they miss players like Lucio in defence it will be good for us bad for them, because he's not only works as a defender for them, he adds more both on the free kicks and corners at both ends, and he score many goals for them in his time.

the key is our left flank cause I feel Slyvinho wouldn't be good for 90 minutes, and to be honest I'm not so good with Puyol on the left.

lets hope our boys be in top of their game, specialy Valdes, cause we'll need it to put ourselves in a good spot for the 2nd leg in Germany.

Visca el Barca i Visca Catalunya :fero: :proud:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Man I love these matches, the bring with them such and incredible vibe that it's crazy! I missed them, playing CL matches against the best, against the teams with the great history and the most incredible players (nothing against Lyon or Sporting, but Bayern are one step above them both).

Welcome Bayern to Camp Nou!

As for the match: There is only two things a team like us need to do in a game like this:

1) Keep a clean sheat

2) Win the match, no matter the result

Since we are a team that plays the same type of football both away as at home, we can just as well beat Bayern in the Allianz Arena considering the heart our players will show to go thrue (it will not be a game like Deportivo away or even Man U away under Rijkaard). We can rely on a 1-0 win and still have a very good chance of advancing in the second leg.

The line-up should be:

-----------Victor----------
Alves-Marquez-Puyol-Sylvinho
-----------Yaya------------
----Xavi------------Iniesta
Messi------Eto'o-------Henry

The only downside is Abidal not playing, but I trust Sylvinho to do a better job than Puyol on the side. Let's hope whomever plays does it well, all in all, Alves is the one who will be having hell with Ribery and Lahm running against him, so lets hope the team can support him.

Visca el Barca!!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Victory and clean sheet.
Love the occasion , the players should be charged up.
Also, don't like Puyol on the left , but dont see Sylvinho making his 2nd start in 3 days.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Is Abidal back for this one?
No

This is going to be a really tough nut to crack, although Bayern are wounded and down this is not going to be the case next Wednesday, they will definitely give it their all. They are very physical and from the go they will not stop running until the final whistle, the midfielders need to play a massive role in this and both Iniesta and Xavi should get the nod. Keeping most of the possession is going to be the vital role in proving that the team will go through.

I am certain that the players will be up for the task at hand, and I am hoping that they can repeat the 1st half against Lyon in the Camp Nou. It is vital that Barca do not concede and a two goal margin will ease things in the 2nd leg.

I predict the following line up based on the available players:

Valdes-Alves-Puyi-Marquez-Sylvinho-Keita/Busquets (if Toure is not fit in time)-Xavi-Iniesta-Henry-Eto'o-Messi

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
People are quoting the most logical lineups. But Pep may do something unexpected.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
I'm not sure Yaya is fit enough to start. Anyway, it's going to be a tough match.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm really confident about this game. I'm sure we'll bag at least 3 goals, and put a performance so that whole Europe will shit their pants.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I read somewhere that Ribery is injured for 2 weeks and will miss both matches against us, can anybody confirm it? If it's true then this is a big blow for them.

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
I don't know what info are you reading, but on their official site Klinsmann said that both Lahm and Ribery got a slight injury but will both be fine for wednesday.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts