Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

v

UEFA Champions League: Tue 4th Mar, Old Trafford

Well we couldn't really come into this game in a better position, well and truly bounced back from that horrible home defeat to City and gone on to close the gap in the league by 4 points aswell as progress to the next round of the cup. We've scored plenty of goals aswell and look full of confidence and dare I say hitting form at the right time, just as we're about to enter the business end of the season.

Vidic, Rooney, Ronaldo and probably Carrick are certainties to return to the side after not starting against Fulham at the weekend, possibly Giggs aswell but it would be really unfair to drop Nani on this kind of form. Hopefully SAF also remembers what a key part he played for our late equaliser at Lyon which puts in pole position to qualify for the Quarters. Any win or a 0-0 would see us through.

Prediction: 3-1 to United. Ronaldo 2 and Rooney.

Gonna be really hard to guess the team now with so many possibilities and players on form so I think i'll refrain from trying to predict the team.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Team I'd go with:

-------------Van Der Sar

Brown---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

Ronaldo---Carrick---Anderson---Nani

-----------Rooney---Tevez

I know Scholes was back on form yesterday but Carrick deserves his place and I believe we need the engine and bursts forward from Anderson.

Team I think Ferie will go with:

---------------Van Der Sar

Ronaldo---:confused:---Hargreaves---:confused:---Giggs

----------------Rooney

But it wouldn't shock me if he sends a team out to have a go at Lyon.

It's pretty difficult to guess his teams at the moment, and if we can't guess it then it's going to be difficult for Perrin to guess it.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Hargreaves will start, he was bought for these games. I think it will be Carrick and Scholes that will start. Anderson seemed a little bit lost in Lyon, may be a bit of a step too far to expect him to perform all the time in high pressure situations. He is still only 19.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Hargreaves will start, he was bought for these games. I think it will be Carrick and Scholes that will start. Anderson seemed a little bit lost in Lyon, may be a bit of a step too far to expect him to perform all the time in high pressure situations. He is still only 19.
I thought he was the best out of the midfielders. Ferguson left him on whilst taking of Scholes and Hargreaves, who were worse.

Anderson will probably start, otherwise he'd have played against Fulham.
I think he even planned on not starting Scholes (bit strange to leave the pair on for 90 minutes isn't it), but he might have changed his mind after the Fulham performance.
He himself said he had one team in mind before the match started, and changed his mind at HT already.

I think his original plan was to start with Anderson and Carrick, or Anderson-Carrick-Fletcher.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Team I'd go with:

-------------Van Der Sar

Ronaldo---Carrick---Anderson---Nani

-----------Rooney---Tevez

Team Fergie will go with:

-------------Van Der Sar

Brown-------Ferdinand----Vidic------Evra

-------Carrick----Hargreaves---Scholes

Ronaldo--------------------------------Giggs
-------------------Rooney

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I thought he was the best out of the midfielders. Ferguson left him on whilst taking of Scholes and Hargreaves, who were worse.

Anderson will probably start, otherwise he'd have played against Fulham.
I think he even planned on not starting Scholes (bit strange to leave the pair on for 90 minutes isn't it), but he might have changed his mind after the Fulham performance.
He himself said he had one team in mind before the match started, and changed his mind at HT already.

I think his original plan was to start with Anderson and Carrick, or Anderson-Carrick-Fletcher.
Yep that is my view on it too.

I think we will play a proper 433, with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez up front, with Scholesy, Anderson and Carrick behind, kind of like the Giggsy-Rooney-Ronaldo link up last year - with all depending on the movement.

----------------VDS
Brown----Ferdinand--Vidic----Evra
---Anderson--Carrick--Scholesy
----Ronaldo---Tevez---Rooney

·
Registered
56,232 Posts
if we lose fair and square, i will make my congratulations here:)

·
Registered
56,232 Posts
mali, will Boumsong play? :scared:
mah! i will be scared when i will see him playing bad, it haven't been the case until now.
by the way cris is back and i must say that he is fit enough. we will need him.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
mali, you admitted yourself he likes the French air, tomorrow he will be breathing English air, and we know from his time here he hates that. :D

·
Registered
56,232 Posts
mali, you admitted yourself he likes the French air, tomorrow he will be breathing English air, and we know from his time here he hates that. :D
what's the weather up there?
because here it's almost spring.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't know, but in London it's sunny but cold, so I'd imagine up there it's grey and cold. :D

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Anderon's a star for us

and he's Brazilian ;)

but class players adapt to any weather

it's why Sheva's overrated :D

1 - 20 of 140 Posts