Renan Brito

Alexis ----- Albiol --- Hell ----- del Horno

Albelda ----- Fernandes

Pablo ------------------------- Vicente

Nikola ---- Angulo

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
lets give Nikola some minutes i felt sad watching him in the stands yesterday against Depor....Animo Nikola!!

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't be surprised if Hugo and Maduro got a look in here. I think Helguera, Nikola, del Horno, Pablo, Angulo and maybe even Guaita will start, it's who will accompany them which is harder to guess. Nevertheless I think Miguel, Moretti, Mata, Villa, Joaquin, Morientes and Edu should be rested.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
Lets not take this mach for granted,we only lead by a goal,an away goal from them & we will be in awkward situation.Starting players like Guati & Helguera is too risky.I would only rest Villa,maybe Mata & take of Albiol for Marchena later as these guys seem to be playing the most lately.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's true we shouldn't take it easy, and I agree we should atleast play with Alexis, Albiol, Albelda and Mata, who are enough of a backbone for a safe, solid match.

But Unai said everyone would get a chance so I think everyone will more or less get minutes, minus his outcasts Hugo, Timo, Maduro and Curro (interesting how they all end in O :D). Anyways most of the crucial guns, like the Asturian connection, Morientes and Joaquin will be on the bench to rescue us if we are in trouble.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I doubt that Timo will get a chance at all, he's the frigging 3rd choice goalkeeper now!
Viana would be interesting to see, he got loads of skills but has his little problems and also a good share of being unlucky

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt that Timo will get a chance at all, he's the frigging 3rd choice goalkeeper now!
Yup, that's why I said minus his outcasts.

Viana would be interesting to see, he got loads of skills but has his little problems and also a good share of being unlucky
It'll be interesting to see how your dream boy will do in an attacking team, he wasn't exactly the Quique type of midfielder, who prefers to play ex-cons and deathrow candidates in the middle of the pitch.

Hugo may do well with Emeryball though, otherwise we should throw him back at the Magpies on winter.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Four Valencia players were not taking part during training today. Moro, Alexis, Edu and Miguel are carrying slight knocks and were training in the gym. El Capitano (Marchena) and Ex- El Capitano (Baraja) are back in training. i cant wait for Marchena to be back, we will much better at the back with him, the same goes with Baraja. Emeryball now has more mid fielders to choose from.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Allow Marchena, Albiol and Alexis is gonna be better than any Marchena combo. And Baraja, no i can't wait for his return. :D

Might sound cruel, but the longer he is out, the better. :D (Don't want Emery playing him really.)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I'd play:

----------------Renan-------------------

--Alexis---Helguera---Marchena---Horny--

--------------Viana---Albelda-------------

---Angulo-------------------------Pablo---

----------Morientes-------Zigic-----------

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
----------------Renan-------------------

--Alexis---Helguera---Marchena---Horny--

--------------Viana---Albelda-------------

---Angulo-------------------------Pablo---

----------Morientes-------Zigic-----------
Yes lets play a centerback combination that hasn't kicked a ball in five centuries, add to that a couple of wingers that just shout creativity, who will no doubt provide wonderful support, for our even more creative forwards :D

I do agree Hell should start, but I think Abiol should start beside him to cover his clumsy cantabarian ass and protect our little lead. I would like to have rested Albiol, and let Alexis to do that job, but Miguel needs more rest than anyone else so Alex will have to start at RB.

Upfront, I agree Pablo and Angulo should start, but I think they will fail to produce creativity in those positions.

And since we have a slender lead, I'd go with:

Renan Brito

Alexis ----- Albiol --- Hell ----- del Horno

Albelda ----- Fernandes

Pablo ------------------------- Vicente

Nikola ---- Angulo​

Then give Marchena, Viana, Maduro and co minutes later in the game, if we score (then Maritimo would have to score three), or play Mata, Villa, Joaquin and the rest guns, if we effin' concede.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
3-0 Valencia win.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
For the muppets who live in the middle east, the game is on aljazeera sports, on one of the plus channels.

Joshua posting something positive about Valencia :googly:
Live??

where do u live...u have aljazeera too

1 - 20 of 158 Posts