Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The second round in the dogfight between Fernandez and Guy Levi is underway as you've probably heard. But today the U21 team has stoop to a new low: The U-21 general manager Eli Rozen has just finished an interview on Radio Jerusalem where he said the phrase in the headline. And remember they were really injured according to the team doctor. I wonder if anyone will have a word with him for this disgrace.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
The second round in the dogfight between Fernandez and Guy Levi is underway as you've probably heard. But today the U21 team has stoop to a new low: The U-21 general manager Eli Rozen has just finished an interview on Radio Jerusalem where he said the phrase in the headline. And remember they were really injured according to the team doctor. I wonder if anyone will have a word with him for this disgrace.
Maybe Melikson and Bruchian weren´t injured, maybe they had a small pain or something of this sort, but they weren´t so bad becuase they had full practices that week. The U-21 is right in asking the players, but there isn´t also a need to create a fight with Beitar on this issue. They were punished and it already ended.
The problem is that Fernandez isn´t exactly the most sympathic person on earth which makes things difficult.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But Fernandez is right, moreover he claims he has agreed to let 2 players go per Levi's request but the day after he listed 3 more names.

And you know what, I heard Fernandez is to be sentenced at the IFA Court and let me tell you something, all he did was to say the truth! Guy Levi got the job on the merits of his personal links only, he is there just because of his dad (and actually Fernandez never even said it specifically, maybe he hinted but nothing more). He's a good coach but only had one success in his career: 3rd place with Hapoel Haifa. His other records before the U21 side included two relegations with Tzafririm (twice i think) and Hapoel Haifa.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
But Fernandez is right, moreover he claims he has agreed to let 2 players go per Levi's request but the day after he listed 3 more names.

And you know what, I heard Fernandez is to be sentenced at the IFA Court and let me tell you something, all he did was to say the truth! Guy Levi got the job on the merits of his personal links only, he is there just because of his dad (and actually Fernandez never even said it specifically, maybe he hinted but nothing more). He's a good coach but only had one success in his career: 3rd place with Hapoel Haifa. His other records before the U21 side included two relegations with Tzafririm (twice i think) and Hapoel Haifa.
I understand Fernandez he spoke the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. We should always say the truth, but there is always the best way to express it and this is costing him this headache with the IFA.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Fernandez spoke the truth, but speaking the truth in the IFA is not a smart move (yea...pathetic i know), Fernandez needs to be careful with what he says. As is, many of the "politicians" dont like this whole foreign manager thing. They'll be looking to hold anything they can agianst Fernandez

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yeah I agree there, one of my favorite quotes is 'better to be smart then right' and it is definitely not right to criticise the bunch of idiot dictators at the IFA :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Guy Levi has done a good job with the U-21 team even though I agree that he never did much in the league. Fernandez though should stop acting so arrogant. Maybe he would prefer that none of Beitars' players should be on the U-21 team (and the national team too?). If so he should just let us know and we will get on with players form the other clubs. Of course I don't think that there is any need to punish Fernandez. Either he will let his players play for the various national teams or not. No problem.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fernandez should decide what kind of character he's adopting here. He started with the wrong attitude of 'I'll teach the natives to light fire' and it still goes on although I feel he realised he was wrong in some issues. Anyone who heard his comments after the Ashdod game knows he can be a real gentleman also.

This isn't doing good to anyone, both the FA and him are bigger then that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts