Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portieri: Consigli (Atalanta), Sirigu (Ancona);
Difensori: Andreolli (Sassuolo), Bocchetti (Genoa), Criscito (Genoa), Motta (Roma), Pisano (Cagliari), Santacroce (Napoli);
Centrocampisti: Abate (Torino), Candreva (Livorno), Cigarini (Atalanta), Dessena (Sampdoria), Marchisio (Juventus), Morosini (Vicenza), Poli (Sassuolo);
Attaccanti: Acquafresca (Cagliari), Balotelli (Inter), Giovinco (Juventus), Osvaldo (Bologna).

Here are the call ups. I was hoping Santon and Rosi would get a call up. It would also be nice to see Russotto being called up again. The only new face is Poli which is a very nice call up, class of 89' and a very interestig midfielder, anyone know if he is still owned by Sampdoria?

My 11 would be

Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Cigarini, Marchisio; Abate, Giovinco; Balotelli (Yes, I would go with Balotelli ahead of Acquafresca :eekani: )

I have a feeling that Marchisio might still be called up by Lippi........:)

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Yeah, was hoping Marchisio would get a senior call up.

And yeah, hardly any new players except Poli, who is yes still owned by Samp, he was quite impressive in U-19 euros. But I guess not lots of new kids arent being called up because this 86-87 class are on their last U-21 games basically.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
why santon has not been selected? a 18 years old kid (class of 1991) can't play for the U21 team?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Marchisio might be pull out with injury since he doesn't look like he's going to be called up for Juve's match tomorrow

By the way, Poli scored 2 goals for Sassuolo today :shades:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so a lot of injuries for our U21 players.............Marchisio, Osvaldo and Pisano all pulled out with injury. Lanzafame and Marzoratti and De Silvestri were called in their place........but then Cigarini and Lanzafame pulled out and Bottone and Cerci (should have been called befoe the injuries IMO) were called in their place

So with all these injuries I'm guessing the team will be

Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Morosini, Candreva; Abate, Giovinco; Balotelli (Acquafresca)

I'm hoping Poli gets the start though

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Cerci has been largely unimpressive with Atalanta in few times he has played, so not sure he would be a sure call up.

Yeah, Poli seems interesting, and the star midfielders of Marchisio and Cigarini being out, he will prolly get a start, the others arent really any special.

I hope Freshwater starts, becaue suprise suprise, who's screwing up already with even the NT?

Super Mario misses flight
Tuesday 10 February, 2009
Inter striking starlet Mario Balotelli has slipped up once more after a big night out led to him missing his flight to join the Under-21 squad.

The talented marksman has fallen out with Inter Coach Jose Mourinho over his attitude to training.

But Balotelli was still selected to represent the Azzurrini in a friendly against Sweden tomorrow evening.

However, Super Mario was out on Sunday evening, the night before his 7.30am plane to Trieste for Under-21 duty.

Balotelli spent the evening drinking and dancing, along with fellow calcio stars Andrea Barzagli, Giampaolo Pazzini and Christian Vieri, and stayed out until around 2.30am.

The 18-year-old overslept and missed his flight and had to take the journey by road, turning up 20 minutes after the first training session had begun.

However, Coach Pierluigi Casiraghi was keen to play down any controversy.

“Balotelli is part of the group because he has done very well with us,” he said simply. “This is the ideal environment for him to do well.”

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx, but none of those are working for me......I'm redownloading streamerone, maybe that will work

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Indeed, testing :D

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Rigore for Abate who is felled.

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
With no Rossi, the usual pk taker, Freshwater takes the pk and scores.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts