Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully Casiraghi will call up some new players. Something positive is Giovinco will finally get some minutes :)

Probably 11: Consigli; Motta, Andreolli, Criscito, De Ceglie; Dessena, Marchisio, Candreva; Abate, Giovinco; Balotelli

I would go with a 4-2-3-1 though, with Consigli; Motta, Andreolli, Criscito, De Ceglie; Dessena, Marchisio; Abate, Giovinco, Cerci; Balotelli

Call ups are tomorrow

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
Whats going on?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue...........I and I'm guessing other people couldn't make threads or post anything either. I guess its cleared up now

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is the squad

Goalkeepers: Consigli (Atalanta), Sirigu (Ancona)
Defenders: Andreolli (Sassuolo), Bocchetti (Genoa), Criscito (Genoa), De Ceglie (Juventus), De Silvestri (Lazio), Motta (Udinese), Santacroce (Napoli)
Midfielders: Bolzoni (Inter), Candreva (Livorno), Dessena (Sampdoria), Giovinco (Juventus), Morosini (Vicenza), Cerci (Atalanta)
Strikers: Acquafresca (Cagliari), Balotelli (Inter), Lanzafame (Palermo), Osvaldo (Fiorentina)

I'm disappointed to see Santacroce there as I was hoping to see him with the full team again but oh well, all in all a good team and its good to see Cerci back

I'm guessing with Santacroce on the team Criscito might be moved to LB and we'll see Santacroce and Andreolli as our CB's and I guess Abate is still injured........

I think Casiraghi will go with: Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Morosini, Candreva; Osvaldo, Giovinco; Balotelli

I'm hoping Cerci gets the start ahead of Osvaldo though

Edit: I just noticed Marchisio isn't there either........I wonder why, maybe because he just came back from injury

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Maybe its good Santacroce is here though as he will actually play, with the Senior NT he probably would not.

Its a good team and nice to see Cerci there, but my team would be:

Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Bolzoni, De Ceglie; Balotelli, Acquafresca, Giovinco

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe its good Santacroce is here though as he will actually play, with the Senior NT he probably would not.
I see what you're saying and I would agree if he wasn't playing every week with Napoli. But I think training with the full team and getting a few minutes in this friendly would have been better for Santacroce

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Probably the fact that Lippi sees Gamberini, Chiellini, Bonera and Cannavaro as his choices right now and they are good options too.

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
Heh, I was hoping few young players would randomly be selected for the azzurri in this meaningless friendly, but instead the one who was already there gets demoted :D

Though as Deano said, I get it a little. Besides those you mentionned Deano, I think Lippi sees Legro in a completely new light, he has been absolutely stellar for 1 season and a half, better then Bonera, and I cant believe I am saying this, but this hapless version of Canna too perhaps (his defending has been absolutely shocking everytime I seen him).

And yeah Marlo, Marchisio has been out almost 2 months from when this game will be played. Understandable exclusion, would been there if fit for sure. Unlikely, but also there is a slight chance he is one of those random new players that are selected for these meaningless NT friendlies. Though really doubt it, but a slight possibility nontheless.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morosini, Osvaldo and Acquafresca pulled out with injuries and were replaced by Di Gennaro and Paloschi

So I guess we will be seeing this line-up

Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Bolzoni, Candreva; Cerci, Giovinco; Balotelli

I would try a 4-2-3-1 though with Di Gennaro instead of Candreva

Consigli; Motta, Santacroce, Andreolli, Criscito; Dessena, Bolzoni; Cerci, Di Gennaro, Giovinco; Balotelli

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm looking forward to this match. If Casiraghi sticks to his 4-3-3 formation Italy will lose out badly in midfield against Germany, I think. Allowing them possession and hitting them on the counter might be the best strategy, though. With so many midfielders missing, I can't see Italy win the midfield anyway.

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
Game started, lineup:

Consigli; Motta, Andreolli, Santacroce, Criscito; Dessena, Bolzoni, De Ceglie; Lanzafame, Balotelli, Giovinco

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very average first half by us, nobody doing much. Our best player in the first half in my opinion has bin Santacroce and our worst, was Balotelli, terrible match by him so far

I'm hoping Casiraghi will bring in Di Gennaro for De Ceglie and switch to a 4-2-3-1 or even a 4-4-2 with Di Gennaro and Giovinco on the wings but that wont happen..........Hopefully Cerci comes in too

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lanzafeme has been bad too, I havent seen the whole half, but yes, Balotelli and Lanzafeme pretty useless. Giovinco as ever looks busy, but he too is giving the ball away as soon as he gets it. Bolzoni seems alright in the DM position and our defence has been good so far. They are the positives.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
AT HT we should make 1 change. Cerci > Lanzafeme. Then 2 or 3 more at the hour mark with Paloschi, Candreva and De Silvestri entering.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Very good goal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts