Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These call ups are for the match agaibvst Austria on the 25th of this month

Portieri: Fiorillo (Sampdoria), Seculin (Fiorentina);
Difensori: Ariaudo (Juventus), Bellusci (Ascoli), Crescenzi (Roma), Darmian (Milan), Malomo (Roma), Ranocchia (Bari), Renzetti (Albinoleffe);
Centrocampisti: Barilla' (Reggina), Bolzoni (Inter), Castiglia (Cittadella), Cia (Triestina), Di Gennaro (Reggina), Pasquato (Empoli), Poli (Sassuolo);
Attaccanti: Immobile (Juventus), Mendicino (Lazio), Paloschi (Parma).

Some of these players will definitely be on our next U21 team, too bad he didn't call up Russotto though (I guess he will be in the other U21 friendly)..............Not sure how this little tournament works exactly but I guess the cut off is class of 88', so, who will be elgible for the next U21 team basically. Would have liked to see guys like Petrucci, Macheda etc etc, but oh well. Nice to see some top prospects of that age group like Fiorillo, Di Gennaro and Poli

--------------------Fiorillo
Darmian----Ranocchia----Ariaudo----Bellusci
-----------Bolzoni----Poli----Barilla'
--------Di Gennaro----------Pasquato
--------------------Paloschi

I am guessing Casiraghi will be going with something like that..........

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
A decent squad and should be a decent tournament. Surprised to see no Forestieri.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Maybe he will be called to the full squad?

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Or the ACTUAL current 21, this is the junior azzurrini, Santon will at the least, be called up for the older azzurrini.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Is the older azzurini playing this week though? I didnt think they were (could be wrong though). Ah just read Marlo above, it seems they do have a friendly and thus meaning he will defo be in that squad.

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
italy passes to short balls all the time and get stuck on in those areas of the pitch. Austria is otherwise just clinical, but they play much faster. 2-0 at HT.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started watching the match on a crappy stream about 30 minutes in............not much I can say really

·
Registered
917 Posts
U-21: Paloschi pins back Austria

The Azzurrini fought back from 2-0 down to hold Austria 2-2 with Alberto Paloschi’s strike in tonight’s debut friendly.

Only six of the players in Coach Pierluigi Casiraghi’s entire squad had previously represented Italy at Under-21 level and many were teenagers, so a shaky start due to a lack of experience was to be expected.

Austria powered into a 2-0 lead thanks to Sand and Baumgartlinder, while a third was disallowed for a very tight offside decision.

Reggina’s David Di Gennaro had Italy’s best chance of the first period, firing wide from Poli’s assist.

The second half was an entirely different affair, as Casiraghi made four substitutions, bringing in Seculin, Crescenzi, Mendicino and Juventus defender Ariaudo.

Purcher gave the Italians a hand when he accidentally turned a Ranocchia corner into his own net, then four minutes later Parma striker Paloschi completed the comeback.

Milan-owned Paloschi gathered with his back to goal, dummied a defender and blasted a right-foot finish under the bar.

Both sides tried to win it, but Seculin did well to parry Kavlak’s late strike, so the final score was 2-2 in Vienna.

This is the Under-21 side that will aim to qualify for the 2011 and 2013 European Championships.

Austria 2-2 Italy
Scorers: Sand 12 (A), Baumgartlinger 37 (A), Purcher og 58 (I), Paloschi 62 (I)

Austria U-21: Königshofer; Piermayr (Seidl 64), Wallner (Ramsebner 46), Margreitter, Pürcher; Bukva, Ilsanker (Nuhiu 46), Baumgartlinger, Kavlak, Jantscher (Gruberbauer 71); Sand (Fröschl 63)
Italy U-21: Fiorillo (Seculin 46); Darmian (Ariaudo 46), Bellusci (Cia 67), Ranocchia, Bolzoni (Castiglia 46); Di Gennaro, Poli, Barillà, Renzetti; Paloschi (Immobile 74), Pasquato (Mendicino 46)
Ref: Willenborg (Ger)
from http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar25s.html

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I watched the game at the stadium in Wr. Neudorf as it is only half an hour from my home (with the car). The Channel 4 report says most about the game anyway thats why i will keep it short.

first half:

Pasquato - Paloschi - Di Gennaro

Barilla - Bolzoni - Poli

Renzetti - Ranocchia - Bellusci - Darmian

Fiorillo​

You can also design it as 4321 or 451, Paloschi played alone up front with Di Gennaro and Pasquato helping out .

Second half was something like this at the start:

Mendicino - Paloschi - Di Gennaro

Barilla - Castiglia - Poli

Renzetti - Ranocchia - Ariaudo - Bellusci

Seculin​

All 3 substitutions were correct, Darmian and Bolzoni gave away far too many balls and were quite insecure. Pasquato was quiet almost all of the first half. The 3 fresh players (Ariaudo, Castiglia and Mendecino) all played a good game.

Second half was much better and the draw is a fair result although victory was possible. During the second half also Crescenzi, Cia and Immobile were introduce but had no impact on the game due to the little time they got to play.

The best players imho were Bellusci, Paloschi and Poli who is by far my MoM.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks for the update, I hear a lot of really great things about Poli. It would be interesting to compare him to Cigarini, who I also admire a lot. The other question I might have is if Ariaudo or Ranocchia did anything special, or if they were just solid.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ariaudo just played the second half where italia were much more comfortable on the ball and more in attack. he was quite good i think but did not have the chance to do anything special. ranocchia did not impress me too much, he was just solid i think. compared to bellusci who was very good. in the first half ranocchia played all balls to bellusci who started the attacks almost always together with poli. ranocchia was by far the biggest italian and was useful in the aerial defending but nothing special beside that.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
acdc81
could u please tell me about Bolzoni, he didnt seemed to play a good game. but what kind of player is he?? thanks

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
congrats, santon... :proud: he will play left or right?

============

Santon convened tomorrow in Under 21
26.03.2009 19.56 by Domenico Fabbricini article read 190 times

Finally the long-awaited invitation is coming. After a little surprised 'calling all non Davide Santon, young dell'Inter revelation this season, the Italian National Under-21, tomorrow should convoke Pierluigi Casiraghi, with two others in blue Nerazzurri have already played: Bolzoni and Balotelli. A good satisfaction not only for the boy, who is now a holder fixed dell'Inter and also under attack by Marcello Lippi, but also throughout the Nerazzurri youth sector, which continues to churning talents.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=3183

1 - 18 of 18 Posts