Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting on the 15th our U17's will play in the second round qualifiers where we are place in Group 3 with: Hungary, Portugal and Ukraine. Only the winner of the group will advance to play in the European U17 tournament in Italy. Croatia might have an advantage, because all three matches will be played in Croatia.

15/3/05
Croatia vs. Hungary (Omis)
17/3/05
Croatia vs. Ukraine (Imotski)
19/3/05
Portugal vs. Croatia (Makarska)

According to uefa.com this is our squad (mostly born in 87/88)
GK: Josip Solic, Ivan Kelava
Defenders: Stipe Glasovic, Tomislav Kristic, Dejan Lovren, Haris Mehmedagic, Danijel Rasic, Sasa Vukonic
Midfielders: Davor Spehar, Stjepan Babic, Stipe Bacelic-Grgic, Milan Badelj, Mate Delic, Mario Gregurina, Kreso Ljubicic, Mislav Rados, Grgur Rados, Damir Rasic
Strikers: Tomislav Sorsa, Nikola Kalinic, Matija Spicic, Damir Vidovic

Best of luck to our U17s! :)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
cool i know Mislav Rados and Grgur Rados, i played with them in a park in munich once. :dielaugh: they are not bad but they never passed the ball to somebody only dribbling and dribbling, but ok i play the same way, thats typically croatian. :D

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for which clubs do these players play for? I think Kalinic is a member of the Hajduk junior team, right?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
exactly, i heard he is a great talent

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Yeah that is the Nike tornament where Dinamo came third.:)

Good luck to the boys!
Yeah,it is the World Youth Cup for clubs,that means we are third in the World.:proud::thmbup:

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
i think 6000clubs took part in the tournament, first their were a couple of smaller tournaments and the best played in the final tournament in manchester.
and we only lost against manchester-city,(i think 3-1 in the semi-final) ,on their ground, with their crowd and their referees. :proud: :hopefull:

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good start to the qualifiers.
Croatia beat Hungary today in Omis by the score of 2-1. Both goals were scored by Matija Spicic a player from the NK Zagreb youth team.
In the other match (played in Makarska) Ukraine easily beat Portugal 3-0.
Kelava, Badelj (57. Rasic), Ljubicic, Lovren, Kristic, Rasic, Rados (41. Glasovi), Spehar, Vidovic, Bacelic-Grgic (70. Jusufi), Spicic.

Croatia next play on the 17th against Ukraine in Imotski.

Group 3
Team P W D L GF:GA PTS
Ukraine 1 1 0 0 3:0 3
Croatia 1 1 0 0 2:1 3
Hungary 1 0 0 1 1:2 0
Portugal 1 0 0 1 0:3 0

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
good start..looks as if the young Ukrainians will be tough

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

you trust this guy with 16-17 year old kids? :pp ;)
(only joking, great manager and former player, looks drunk in the pic) :D

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Croatia 1
Ukraine 1
Bacelic-Grgic (Hajduk) scored for Croatia while in the other match Portugal beat Hungary 2-0. Next game will be on Saturday against Portuga.

Group 3
Ukraine 2 1 1 0 4:1 4
Croatia 2 1 1 0 3:2 4
Portugal 2 1 0 1 2:3 3
Hungary 2 0 0 2 1:4 0

1 - 20 of 74 Posts