Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some more good news. After the U21 beat Ireland and France, our younger National team made a huge achievement by qualifying for the European Championship this summer after a 1:1 draw with Romania. Maor Buzaglo scored a penalty in the last minute.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gba said:
yeah, it's cool, the championship takes place in Italy.
Ever wondered how come our youth sides are always soooo good yet we suck so bad when it comes to the senior level?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Ever wondered how come our youth sides are always soooo good yet we suck so bad when it comes to the senior level?
The five year spam between them being 15-16-17 to them being 20-21-22 is a fator why we 'suck so bad'.

Somehow, something...
neglect of players,
the army
positions,
etc...

is a reason why our youth do amazing, and then when it comes to being a prodigy in the future..it gets wasted...

Didn't Benayoun and the U17 made it to the European Championship and got 3rd?

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
We did take a medal with Benayoun's team at the time.

The reasons I think are that at the raw level, we are the one of the best... you know when it comes to technical level, kids playing on ashplat, and young players with a lot of determination.

But in order to go through constatnly in the high levels talent has very little to do with it. Our NT at the moment proves it... there aren't too many talents there at the moment but a lot of hard work Grant has put it and we see results. Of course the best combination is talent + hard work, which is basically what the 5 or so leading teams in the world usually aim to.

What you have to put in is hard work and that kind of environment just doesn't exist in our league. It's tougher to changer the league than simply do what most nations do - EXPORT. We can export dozens of players to all over of Europe - not just the main leagues but also Holland, Switzerland, Belgium and so on. We should export to Serie B, Serie C1 even, Germany and England's second league, Portugal , France second league etc. Players there will get basics that will then convert our team to be an empire... we need those basics. Looking at Ben Haim, it's obvious how good this can do to players.

In order to export a lot, we need to lower the wages in the Israeli league (by law), and then allow a few foreginers to keep an interest and also to use a lot of youth players. We can maintain a nice league even if we export a lot, it will just expose many more talents (ala the Argentina model for example).

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
The groups have been chosen for the competiton:

Group A
Italy (Host), Turkey, Belarus and England

Group B
Israel, Switzerland, Croatia and Holland.

I think we have a chance ! Top 3 clubs qualify for the WC which will take place in Peru in September. I think Israel can be one of the three !! :stuckup:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gba said:
The groups have been chosen for the competiton:

Group A
Italy (Host), Turkey, Belarus and England

Group B
Israel, Switzerland, Croatia and Holland.

I think we have a chance ! Top 3 clubs qualify for the WC which will take place in Peru in September. I think Israel can be one of the three !! :stuckup:
Zeltzer claims it's the group of death and we'll need tons of luck...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Zeltzer claims it's the group of death and we'll need tons of luck...

Holland is a tad hard.

Swiss is nothing but a joke (swiss cheese anyone)..

Croatia was handled in Jerusalem on Feb...

Some group of this, this has been :nono:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts