Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) although it didn't look like it after the first gameday of the elite round of qualifiers, 4 of our teams advanced from 7 qualification groups :thumbsup:

thus, the U17 european championships 2006 in luxemburg from 03.may - 14.may has the following participants:

HUNGARY :cool: :) :D
SERBIA :cool:
CZECH REP. :cool:
RUSSIA :cool:

luxemburg
belgium
spain
germany

the first 3 teams will qualify to the world championships, so a good group seeding may be decisive. I personally hope for a Hungary, Czechia, Serbia trio to make the first 3 places :D

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
well if Croatia can finish 4th last time, why not Czech Republic? :D

although I find these tournaments dumb, especially 16 year olds and you'll be lucky if 1 becomes a good player

·
Registered
55,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5-6 of them should become decent players, that's an average to work with in the future. now for the hungarian team, they seem to be the most promising generation we had in the last 20 years. one of them was already regular player in the hungarian div2 at the age of 16, now he's at sampdoria's primavera team. another one, 17 years old, is a regular starter for mtk budapest and one of their top scorers. only a question of time that he signs with a big western club. then, the u17 of mtk - they build the backbone of the u17 nt - beat chelsea's u17 by 5-0 recently. so now, after beating sweden and ukraine each 4-0 and tieing 1-1 with portugal in the qualifiers, we have the surprising and unusual situation that hungary is even considered one of the tournament's favourites :eekani: hope they can live with that role.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
well if Croatia can finish 4th last time, why not Czech Republic? :D

although I find these tournaments dumb, especially 16 year olds and you'll be lucky if 1 becomes a good player
Only about half of them actually go pro I believe...and even then most end up playing in lower leagues.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
well Croatia made the FIFA U17 tournament back in 2001 in Trinidad-Tobago

Only one player is in the current NT - Niko Kranjcar
Four in the U21's - Sharbini, Grgurovic, Papa and Cale
One playing abroad - Kresic (second Bundesliga)

The other 12 are either playing in the second division, fringe players in the first division or playing indoor soccer. The only youth tournament I take seriously is the U21's, I mean its great to see when the U17's do well but I can't get pumped over 16 year olds because who knows what will happen to them

Croatia played Brazil that tournament, and one player on Brazil is actually playing in Croatian League right now :howler:

Looking at the teams of that tournament, of players who are playing with the NT now

Croatia - 1
Spain - 3
France - 2
USA - 1

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Theres one player I know of from our U17/U19 that should soon make it to the A team, and another possible player.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
all I know a member of XT is on the Croatia U17 team :howler: other than that and Lovren I don't even know what clubs they play for, probably Dinamo Zagreb and in 3 years they will all play for legendary clubs like Naftas Ivanic, Bjelovar in the 2.HNL

·
Registered
55,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HajdukSplit said:
in 3 years they will all play for legendary clubs like Naftas Ivanic, Bjelovar in the 2.HNL
or they could go to hungary where they easily become div1 players. I guess 2.hnl has about the same strength as hun div1 midfield teams.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
szövkap said:
or they could go to hungary where they easily become div1 players. I guess 2.hnl has about the same strength as hun div1 midfield teams.
I have never seena 2.HNL match, I have only seen 1.HNL and a Karlovacka Zupanija Liga junior matches :pp

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
szövkap said:
5-6 of them should become decent players, that's an average to work with in the future. now for the hungarian team, they seem to be the most promising generation we had in the last 20 years. one of them was already regular player in the hungarian div2 at the age of 16, now he's at sampdoria's primavera team. another one, 17 years old, is a regular starter for mtk budapest and one of their top scorers. only a question of time that he signs with a big western club. then, the u17 of mtk - they build the backbone of the u17 nt - beat chelsea's u17 by 5-0 recently. so now, after beating sweden and ukraine each 4-0 and tieing 1-1 with portugal in the qualifiers, we have the surprising and unusual situation that hungary is even considered one of the tournament's favourites :eekani: hope they can live with that role.
Serbia until now has had very poor youth teams, but this new generation is exceptionally tallented.
U-21 - Runners up last yr, this yr even stronger generation
U-19 - Semi Finalists(no 3rd place game played)
U-17 - made the tournament as u posted earlier
Im fairly confident that Serbia's A-team would be alot stronger in a few yrs.

·
Registered
65,210 Posts
Oh and nice to see Hungary in there. BTW Hungarians in Ukraine were highly scouted in the Soviet Union because of their football abilities. Such talented footballers but such poor results over 50 years.

·
Registered
55,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dmitriy said:
Oh and nice to see Hungary in there. BTW Hungarians in Ukraine were highly scouted in the Soviet Union because of their football abilities. Such talented footballers but such poor results over 50 years.
over 20 years I'd say. 1984 u21 euro champs, 1985 videoton uefa cup finalist, 1986 wc in mexico (as one of the contenders, but badly smashed by the sovjets, and ever since shite)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts