Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This lockout is ruining our chances of qualifying for the world cup! :frownani: That being said does anyone know what the details are? SDorry i just read about it the other day and about how we might have to call up some amateurs to play some of our qualifiers. Could someone please explain it to me? thanks!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
What???????? I have not heard anything about this. :confused:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
The players are threatening not to play for the national team if they don't have their paycheck upped greatly.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Isaac said:
The players are threatening not to play for the national team if they don't have their paycheck upped greatly.
All of them?Anyway if they don't want to play for the USA,they should be banned for life from playing for the USA.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Purger said:
All of them?Anyway if they don't want to play for the USA,they should be banned for life from playing for the USA.
Cos really the way to get better :rollani:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
To play for the National Team should be a privaledge. If I can live on my salary, I am sure they can live on theirs. I hate player lock outs and all that crap.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Apparently, its all over. Soccernet is reporting that they've come to an agreement.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Apparently, its all over. Soccernet is reporting that they've come to an agreement.
well im sure if they didnt settle it than we would have had riots on the streets :rollani: they had to do something i mean look at hockey its in a lockout and no one cares it would have been worse for soccer.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Thank God. Seriously, Thank God. I couldn't live if the USA didn't qualify for the next World Cup, and this was seriously putting this in jeopardy. It's a great thing they've come to an agreement.

PS - Ed, nobody except in like four states cares about the hockey lockout. The rest of us are grateful for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's over!

Our world cup hopes are still alive! :smileani: Anyways it looks like qualifying from here on out is gonna be easy.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Hey, qualifiers haven't even started, you can't say that yet! ;)

By the way, fantastic avatar. :thmbup:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Maybe I am lagging behind the times, but this is some sorry shit. It is bad enough that the national team once featured a number of naturalized players that were only interested in playing because they could not make it into their own country's national team. Now the latest batch of players are a bunch of mercenaries, only willing to make a no-strike pledge if they receive a pay increase? Playing for one's national team should be considered an honor and a privilege, not a way to make an extra buck.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
There will be no lockout nor will the players strike. All players have agreed to work out there descrepencies while still playing. By the Way Pope and Gaven have been called up to training camp from the Metros.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts