Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are Gentile's players:

Portieri: Agliardi (Brescia), Berni (Ternana).

Difensori: Bovo (Parma), Dallamano (Brescia), Ferronetti (Parma), Piccolo (Reggina), Potenza (Chievo), Zambelli (Brescia).

Centrocampisti: Aquilani (Roma), Donadel (Fiorentina), Lazzari (Atalanta), Loviso (Bologna), Montolivo (Atalanta), Rosina (Verona).

Attaccanti: Bianchi (Cagliari), Corvia (Roma), Mannini (Brescia), Pagano (Atalanta).

Kick off 21.00 CET Stadio Bruno Nespoli in Olbia.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Bovo, Ferronetti, Aquilani, and Corvia all Roma products of course excluding De Rossi who is playing for the senior team. It is a good thing to see, I just hope they deliver the goods. Piccolo I have high hopes for at right back and he should definately start over Ferronetti. Other than that I can't really make an intelligent comment. Good luck to our boys and I hope they win.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yes Pazzini is injured!!

Good to c Montolivo again, he was injured last time.. wish them all the best future!!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Italy-Russia 2:1!

Alberto Aquilani (pen) 39
Biagio Pagano 74

Ivan Sajenko (pen) 65

I expect goal from Aquilani and he scored... but from penalty :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Can anyone say the line-ups and subs etc?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
because hes not good enough for the U21 squad. Hes U20 and no better at this current time... Corvia, Bianchi and Pazzini (even if not called today) I suppose are good enough for now with Pepe as decent back up to them. If Sorrentino who hardly gets a sniff for Parma (despite his goal the other day) is in the U21 squad there is something drastically wrong with the Italy U21 forwards.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
At least they are all number 1 back ups more or less in their squads (and all play in bigger squads than Parma except Corvia but of course hes behind Montella, Totti, Cassano)

Sorrentino doesnt even find himself on the bench alot of the time. Anyway its just that the 3 in the current squad are probably better anyway and do play more for their first team than Tonino. Although not having seen much of Sorrentino would be unfair of me to say so, but the 3 in the current squad are very good U21 forwards.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I haven't seen them and can't judge neither one of them. But just saying that since Tino isn't even number 1 back up as an excuse for not being good enough is wrong. The only reason we got Vignaroli was because we NEED EXPERIENCED players.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The only way you gain places in the U21 squad is if you play for your team. Sorrentino doesnt do that and whether hes better or not it is hard to judge for Gentile. This is the reason why he is not called. At least the other 3 have played a handful or more of first team Serie A games.

Gentile can only judge players form their first team perforamances. Otherwise I have no doubt that Alessio Cerci, Lupoli and Masiello would be in this squad because they are better than some players in the squad

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had it on my TV but I was doing other things and not really paying too much attention. We dominated the match totally. I can tell you Pagano came on in the 2nd half to score the winner with a header. Funniest moment was the Russian guy who scored the penalty (which was a weak decision by the ref, but our penalty looked like a foul just outside the box, so it evens out), he celebrated like he'd scored the winning goal at the World Cup final!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Mikey said:
he celebrated like he'd scored the winning goal at the World Cup final!
you must know why...
This player play on the reserve team of Karlsruher ... not in one important league...not in Serie A or in B! :rollani:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
So playing for the reserves of Karlshure is a proper excuse? Unbelievable :D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Deano said:
So playing for the reserves of Karlshure is a proper excuse? Unbelievable :D
excuses? what do u mean?
I mean that for him was one great thing to score against the Champions of Europe,the bronze Olimpic medal...that's is

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arianna said:
you must know why...
This player play on the reserve team of Karlsruher ... not in one important league...not in Serie A or in B! :rollani:

I see, I suppose it was a big occasion for him. I think it was his first for Russia U-21 too.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Actually this U21 team is not the bronze medal of the olympics. That team involved mainly different players... but I know what you mean ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts