Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just browse through the official web page and surprising find two players I never notice. ( maybe it is due to my ignorance:p)

But I found that info. is quite interesting and I would like to know some more about these two players.

So, mm,...time to reveal them....Do anybody know details/profile/skills of the following two players. I mean, extra-info except those on website..

29 Riera

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/jugadores/futbol/biografia_29.shtml

27 Peña

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/jugadores/futbol/biografia_27.shtml

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
damn you just can't have enough??? hahaha Messi si already old news, fast days we are living

The Riera sounds familiar, I've read somewhere he was promising

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
pena is always quality on football manager! thats good enough for me! wasnt he on loan somewhere last year and i know some scottish team, maybe dundee, tried to sign him

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Riera played a cup game two years ago, I remember when he came in, and we got a penatly, it would have been nice if he took it, instead Ronaldinho took it and scored. That's all I remember of him. He didn't impress me much but then again he was 16 or so...

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Falastini said:
Riera played a cup game two years ago, I remember when he came in, and we got a penatly, it would have been nice if he took it, instead Ronaldinho took it and scored. That's all I remember of him. He didn't impress me much but then again he was 16 or so...
Nah, he was 16 years and 26 months :D

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I heard about Pena before I ever heard about Riera. I have actually seen Riera play though. I saw him in the Marseille friendly about 18 months ago. I wasn't particularly impressed in that match.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Pena is 23 he isnt considered as young prospect, Riera is 19 so mmmmmmmmmmmm maybe we can consider him as a future prospect and give him a couple of years

·
Registered
23 Posts
Catalan05 said:
Pena is 23 he isnt considered as young prospect, Riera is 19 so mmmmmmmmmmmm maybe we can consider him as a future prospect and give him a couple of years
Oriol Riera is a bench player in Barca B.
Last season he started as a big prospect but had a very bad season, and he didn't live up to the expectations from him.

However, there's also Sito Riera who is the main striker, but he's like 18 years old and on his first season in Barca B.

Carlos pena was the starting LB of the Spanish UN21 NT since he was like 19, but in the summer he'll be 23 so there's no many chances of him getting his place in the first team and I believe he'll be loaned out next season. He's considered a good LB but he's not supporting the attack like Rijkaard would want so there's no place for him in the team probably.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts