Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARSENAL and Bolton are seething at being told they must play two games in 48 hours if they need a replay to settle their FA Cup quarter-final.

Bosses Arsene Wenger and Sam Allardyce were notified that Monday, March 21 is the only date available because of an FA fixture cock-up.

But Manchester United have been made a special case and told they can have a replay date a few days later if their tie with Southampton is deadlocked.

Bolton and Arsenal meet at The Reebok on March 12 but a draw would mean a replay on Monday, March 21.

Arsenal visit Blackburn in the Premiership on March 19 and Bolton play Norwich.

Neither side has a fixture scheduled for midweek after the initial tie but police have refused to allow that date.

United have been given permission by the FA and police to play their replay on Wednesday, March 16.

That is because the Football Association do not want United playing on the Old Trafford pitch too near to the England v Northern Ireland World Cup qualifier there on March 26. Wenger and Allardyce will now have to juggle their squads - possibly playing weakened teams against sides in the relegation zone - because the FA Cup is now a priority for both.

The schedule is made even worse because several top stars will then jet out to play for their countries straight after playing two games in 48 hours. Allardyce said: "A lot of our international players will have a World Cup qualifier to go to. What value does the FA Cup have compared with that?"

Dates for any Blackburn v Leicester and Newcastle v Tottenham replays have yet to be decided but they also promise a nightmare scenario.

------------

Oh how lovely. Thanks a lot, FA, you really are an amateur organisation run by a bunch of morons (ie. mancs). :doh:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
so what is the reason why we can't play the Wednesday after the 1at game ? the police or the F.A. don't seem to have given one, is it just "just play when we tell you and shut the fuk up" ? :fero:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I don't get is that a replay would be in London, and not in Lancashire ...

·
63,337 Posts
would that make a difference then ? i'd just like a little explanation that's all, but i suppose that's being cheeky. :stuckup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, they're worried about trouble or something like that c.o. the police up there. If Bolton and Arsenal draw then we'd be playing in London. How the feck does that have anything to do with Man United and England playing in Lancashire, unless I read it wrong?

·
63,337 Posts
I don't think you read it wrong, there's nothing to read, there is no explanation whatsoever other than the F.A. and police won't allow it. :rollani:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, so it's the FA ****ing us over again. This league is so biased it's ridiculous.

·
63,337 Posts
Nauan said:
Wasn't Dein in the Ruling Body of FA? I thought he could protect us from those sh1te decisions....
Dein has no say in Arsenal decisions, otherwise we wouldn't get so many bloody over the top, ridiculous suspensions. :(

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jern Lizardhous said:
Dein has no say in Arsenal decisions, otherwise we wouldn't get so many bloody over the top, ridiculous suspensions. :(
Such as Lauren getting four matches for shoving a precious Manchester United player :rollani: prats.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
So i guess what the coaches in the EPL were saying is true, The english schedule doesnt really help for european Success.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
What the hell I say the FA should make us play Bolton on the sameday as the Blackburn game, take a quick fight to London and get home in time for an 20:00 start. :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts