1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Romans and Milans fans, it´s your space to destroy :cool:

Two-game stop for Olivera Tuesday 15 March, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruben Olivera has been handed a two-match ban after the Juventus starlet was dismissed on Sunday.
The Uruguayan scored the winner at Chievo Verona but was sent-off just 12 minutes after coming on as a substitute.

The young attacking midfielder was expected to receive a 180 minute stop after he grabbed Alessandro Potenza – who was also shown the red card – around the throat.

Roma’s Daniele De Rossi has also been given a two-match suspension following his sending-off.

The young Italian, who has been struggling for form recently, was sent for an early bath as a result of a challenge from behind on Cagliari’s David Suazo.

Olivera will miss games against Reggina and Fiorentina. De Rossi has been ruled out of the ties versus Milan and Udinese.

Eleven further players have been banned from the Week 29 schedule, including Lazio’s Giuliano Giannichedda and Marco Materazzi of Inter.

Others who will watch their teammates in action on Saturday and Sunday are: Luigi Di Biagio (Brescia), Alessandro Potenza (Chievo Verona), Luca Ariatti (Fiorentina), Iacopo Balestri, Emiliano Bonazzoli (Reggina), David Balleri (Livorno), Francesco Bega, Mauro Esposito (Cagliari) and Traianos Dellas (Roma).

:googly: :googly: :googly:

It´s a shame, but maybe it wasn´t enough, he did a terrible action and must be punished for that....2 games ísn´t too much, and now with Nedved almost ready Oliv wouldnt play neither.....

In the other hand, Bonazzoli isn´t Reggina main forward?

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
And I think the club itself should disciplin Olivera somehow.He has been acting like a little brat for the entire season.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Olivera is a semi-talented player, but whenever he comes on the field he gets at least a yellow card. He's an absolutely horrible tackler. Nedved puts in a few rash challenges here and there, but that's cos he's such a passionate and hardworking player. Olivera just acts like a twat

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Bonazzoli is Reggina's main forward. He is a basically a target man that doesn't score that much but he is essential to Reggina's tactics. He holds up the ball well, good passer, and he helps out defensively. His absence is a loss to Reggina but they will so well regardless.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think olivera tries hard to prove himself. he'll go hard at it even it means getting booked for it.

one thing though, he has been rather good for us this when called upon. capello maybe left him out of the action too long after having a good pre-season with the club.

anyway, i think the 2 match ban will do him good in terms of discipline.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read that Trezgol was punished by Juve for a declarations to some french newspaper (L'equipe)....so, why don´t punish Oli for his behavior? :googly:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Olivera is a good player, quite talented, but sometimes I think he overrates himself. He shall come back to Earth and behave better. Only Davids was the player who could do such things...:cry: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts