Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
43,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if there's a thread for this, I done a half arsed search but couldn't come up with anything. So yeah, why not, everyone watches TV.

Who's into mafia style shows? If anyone is, and has spare time, I'd recommend a 13 part Australian show that's currently on TV. The 6th episode was on just now, but you can download up to episode 10 here:

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=underbelly

It's called Underbelly, and it's based around what happened in Melbourne (Australia) from the mid 1990's until a few years ago. So all the murders, disputes, 99% of the character names and the locations are all real.

Really, really well made. I've never really got into an Australian show before, but this is excellent. It'd probably be better for an outsider watching it, because for me names like Tony Mokbel, Carl Williams and Jason Moran aren't foreign, I know a bit about the characters and what they were charged for (or what happened to them, i.e., if they're dead or not :D), so it does **** the plot for me a little.

·
Premium Member
8,435 Posts
I don't like watching shows from the internet cause they are so conveniently available. I watch one episode and can't stop watching so my whole day gets wasted watching like couple of seasons or something. I suck at self control :(

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
The Office (US) is probably my favorite current television show, and the only one that can entertain my short-attention span :D

http://www.hulu.com You can watch it there.

·
*the drum drum*
43,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a few short clips from the show I mentioned above.

From the first episode.

Classic scene :howler:
[tub]wvMIcGH28VM[/tub]
HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMIcGH28VM&fmt=18

Going to court :howler: for charges over a brawl in a nightclub:
[tub]O_ZDvvjvPF4[/tub]
HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ZDvvjvPF4&fmt=18

After leaving court:
[tub]6-CccR5BOUk[/tub]
HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-CccR5BOUk&fmt=18

And from the latest televised episode 6:

Great closing scene from the best episode to date. It may spoil the episode if you haven't seen it but I don't care, it's not like any of you will bother to watch the show :rollani: :D
[tub]3oBmHC2Rrws[/tub]
HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBmHC2Rrws&fmt=18

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
T man, why don't you watch Home & Away? :D

Things I watch(ed):

Green Wing (Finished now)

79TgCXbSVXg

SCRUBS!
South Park
Futurama
Family Guy

·
*the drum drum*
43,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy playing Jason (Moran) in the videos I posted was in Home & Away in his younger years! :howler:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
ha i dont watch tv anymore. ever since i bought my new computer ive thought tv has been boring ever since. I just switch it on now and again i guess.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Its funny, ever since DVDs of TV shows have come out, I usually wait for those instead of watching the actual episodes on the tube. Here's what I have in terms of that:

Monk
House
Psych
Metalocalypse
Spongebob Squarepants
Firefly (cancelled show but well worth the time)
Star Trek (both the orginal series and the Next Generation)

·
*the drum drum*
43,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Underbelly was tragic last night :cry:

I don't know where they can possibly take this show in the remaining few episodes after last night's episode. I thought they'd have prolonged the events of last nights episode into at least 2 or 3 episodes, but they didn't and they can't exactly change a plot that's based on true events.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like House, anybody heard of it?

New episodes here air at 9 PM, every Tuesday. Unfortunately, I work during that time but have found a very good website/community which offers better than decent quality episode links. The good thing about it is that, the links can updated or broken ones removed by any registered member. New episodes are posted the following day, but sometimes even earlier.. like a couple of hours after the episode ends. I don't know if anybody has heard of it, it's called SideReel.

(If you haven't watched the show, or don't plan to-- don't read the folloinwg)

The drama was great in the first three seasons, but the current fourth season isn't the best although I've heard that the writers have only just finished introducing the new team so it will supposedly get better from now and get back to its old glory.

I do hope that is true, because lately they haven't been concentrating on the cases nearly as much as the personal conflicts - practically turned it to a soap opera and that is absolutely not why I have gotten into it and I'm sure not a lot of other did people either. If it does continue the way it's going at the moment though, I can foresee them pulling the plug of the show since they'll lose.. probably around.. 90 PCT of the viewers.

I've also occasionally watched the following:

• Psych
  • Law and Order: Special Victims Unit ( I don't know if anybody has watched this one, because before I did.. I always criticized it for being boring or pointless. It is actually pretty good, I can see why it's been running for so long)
  • Heroes: First season was excellent, the second season was.. barely watchable. But I heard third season will be a hit, as it will revolve around the villains.. just the title of the third season 'The Villains' gives me something to look forward to.
  • Nip-Tuck: This show was excellent in the first few season, but they screwed it up a little lately, especially in (again) the last season. I am so tired of seeing Troys :ass:. They haven't built an obstacle this season while all the seasons before this one had one major obstacle. I'm not sure if.. getting used to living in Hollywood can be considered an obstacle? Either way, I hope they figure out what they doin' wrong in the following season and give us a reason to watch it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I like House, anybody heard of it?

New episodes here air at 9 PM, every Tuesday. Unfortunately, I work during that time but have found a very good website/community which offers better than decent quality episode links. The good thing about it is that, the links can updated or broken ones removed by any registered member. New episodes are posted the following day, but sometimes even earlier.. like a couple of hours after the episode ends. I don't know if anybody has heard of it, it's called SideReel.

(If you haven't watched the show, or don't plan to-- don't read the folloinwg)

The drama was great in the first three seasons, but the current fourth season isn't the best although I've heard that the writers have only just finished introducing the new team so it will supposedly get better from now and get back to its old glory.

I do hope that is true, because lately they haven't been concentrating on the cases nearly as much as the personal conflicts - practically turned it to a soap opera and that is absolutely not why I have gotten into it and I'm sure not a lot of other did people either. If it does continue the way it's going at the moment though, I can foresee them pulling the plug of the show since they'll lose.. probably around.. 90 PCT of the viewers.

I've also occasionally watched the following:

• Psych
  • Law and Order: Special Victims Unit ( I don't know if anybody has watched this one, because before I did.. I always criticized it for being boring or pointless. It is actually pretty good, I can see why it's been running for so long)
  • Heroes: First season was excellent, the second season was.. barely watchable. But I heard third season will be a hit, as it will revolve around the villains.. just the title of the third season 'The Villains' gives me something to look forward to.
  • Nip-Tuck: This show was excellent in the first few season, but they screwed it up a little lately, especially in (again) the last season. I am so tired of seeing Troys :ass:. They haven't built an obstacle this season while all the seasons before this one had one major obstacle. I'm not sure if.. getting used to living in Hollywood can be considered an obstacle? Either way, I hope they figure out what they doin' wrong in the following season and give us a reason to watch it.
House is the best medical show on TV. Hugh Laurie is so good, you don't even know he's British. I didn't like the fourth season too much though, I'll get it when it comes out on DVD. The best thing about House was it concentrated more on the medical stuff rather than the drama.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
i'm not a fan of the new version. i love the old one though.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
shit man, i can't remember the lost time I watched a drama show.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Californication
That show is dedicated to lonely house-wifes in love with David Duchovny :yuck:

----------------------

Dexter is a great TV show.

One I would gladly recommend. It's a great psychological study, albeit with over the top performances at times but very well written. The camera angles, and acting. Simply stunning.

I'm completely hooked on it, it's creeped into my sunday night and I hardly see me letting it go.

I never imagined I would end up watching a TV show like this, but a whole season turns out to be this really long 8 hour movie with perfectly synchronized elements that in the end turn out to be a big picture that blows your mind.

The season 1 DVD of Dexter is a necessasary addition to the shelf of every single TV fan out there. It should be looked as a classic, it was a genious work of art.

Eventhough Season 2 felt patchy and inconsistant at times, it worked out very well. The character interactions between Doakes and Dexter were amusing to say the least. It was the highlight of the season, but there were a lot of other elements that made it up to be what it is - original.

The fun and excitement in season 3 has been top notch. Came close to the quality of Season 1!

I can't wait for the next season..

This is, by far, my favorite show! It has topped all of the previous shows I used to watch. Makes them look silly after watching Dexter, with House being an exception - but it still doesn't quite come close.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts