Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Tonight there is a friendly game Kosova - Turkey, and will be held at 20:30 in Prishtina.
As its known Turkey had a key role a few months ago when Kosova HF was accepted into the European Handball Federation.

Turkey is the second country to visit Kosova, after Egypt, who played a friendly match here 2 years ago.
Its surely going to be a victory for Turkey but its always good to have matches with big countries.

How popular is handball there and who are the best players ? :angel:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
To be honest handball isnt a great sport in Türkiye. But from what my father has told me.....Türkiye used to be good 20-30 years ago....not great but good. But then the interest cooled down and the handballed literally dissapeared in Türkiye. Then it was opened again in late 80's or in the beginning of the 90's if im not mistaken.

To be honest i dont know too much so dont take what i said too seriously....:D

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cengo, some member of turkish federation last night mentioned the same words in TV, but also they said that now there are more investments and handball is developing fast.
Anyways, last night was good game, Türkiye came with a very young lineup (I think capiten was like 22 years old) and afterall won 30:31. Refeeres were from Macedonia.
Kosova lead only in the begginin 4:1, than Türkiye had the lead till the end with 7-8 goals.
There will be another match in Thursday, but will be held in city Prizren where many turkish citizens live and also turkish KFOR is located there.
I think Macedonia is goin to be your next oponent, thats what I heard on TV, I think that was for qualifications.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Forget handball, we got a kick ass ice hockey team :howler:

I saw them play in TRT last week vs the Armenian team and I left when score was 4-0 for us :)

They said they want to challenge the Canadians :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I saw a little of that game as well....but the score was 13- or 13-0 when i tuned in.....it was hilarious how slow they played. No tackles whatsoever because they couldnt get enough speed to make a tackle...:D

But it's great that sports like these are becoming more popular in a football country like Türkiye!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts