Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 8100 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we may as well have a thread for the many players we have playing outside of Turkey..

Emre and Okan at Inter..
Nihat Kahveci at a now struggling Sociedad..
Umit Davala at table topping Werder Bremen..
Alpay unattached :D
The Altintop twins, Tayfun, Yildiray and many more..

I think they deserve their own thread where we can get updates on their play and other news :cool:

First off, there's rumours in the Italian press that attention seekers Perugia are looking to sign Okan Buruk in the upcoming transfer window..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Bro, you forgot Rüstü....:rollani: :D

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I think he *forgot* Rüstü for a reason.. ;)

Are there any rumours about Okan coming back home, or is the Perugia link the only one that Tolga reports that the Turkish press reports that the Italian press reports.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What's hapening with Umit D. ? I tried going on one of the werder breman websites it was all german :groan: didn't understand a thing? is he playing or not? last I heard of him was that he was getting treatment for a pelvic injury or something and it would last 6 months and then I never heard of him again...

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok hold up im going to try it out :tongue:

......In the homeland however director of sport Klaus Allofs at the crew tinkered for the coming season. As the first it got torwart Andreas Reinke of material Murcia to the Weser. That ex-louder was selected before to the best Keeper of the league and is to provide for necessary stability in Werders backer shank. It followed Valérien Ismaeel of Racing Strasbourg and briefly before training prelude Uemit Davala of inter Milan. Both defense players were first only lent and should show oneself later than direct hits. Why Uemit Davala had decided for Werder Bremen and he would like to achieve which goals with the green-white, he told werder online.de directly following his signature to the contract.

:eek: woah I'm a bit confused :confused:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
jul said:
Fischkopp means an idiot, a fool guy we say:depress:
you use this word to curse someone in bad words.
...are you dutch???

cause in German it has only ONE meaning: Fishhead (as mentioned 1000 times before):tongue:

Tolga, how could you forget Mustafa Dogan?;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
you may spell it Fischkopf, coz we just pronounce it to curse someone face to face, not in writing a lot. ;)

btw, umit got his own store in bremen last week?
do you know more about it?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Ronaldo loves Turkey, he's the longest playing foreign player in the history of besiktas, he's been here for years now (5 years is it?). it's almost as if he's become ramazan ronaldo :D

BTW guys, here's something interesting: it's rumoured that ALPAY is wanted by VALENCIA.
Now wouldn't it be interesting if he played against besiktas in the UEFA cup :fero:

Apparently he approached a couple of turkish teams but no one wanted him.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Rumours say Basturk to Lazio on a bosman. Would make sense knowing that Stankovic will leave soon and it'd be a good signing for a financially redundant club like Lazio.

I'd prefer him to stay at Bayer Leverkusen though. I have a feeling that they'll acchive a lot more in the future under Augenthaler and the aspirine firm than clubs like Galatasaray or Lazio.

·
Registered
421 Posts
came across this on some soccer magazine site ...

AZAR KARADAS

If you want controversy, look no further than Brann Bergen striker Azar Karadas. The 19-year-old may be one of Norway's most promising young players, but trouble never seems far away.

In November, he and team-mate Marcus Bakke spent a night in a policecell after being arrested for being drunk and disorderly outside a Bergen bar. Though the episode was excused by some as mere off-season high-jinks, the Brann management were less than impressed.

"This is the sort of attention we simply do not need," fumed assistant coach Tor Thodesen, while a repentantKaradas was saying: "I am very sorry. It will never happen again, I promise that."

Three months later, however, the youngster was at the centre of more unsavoury headlines, though this time he was more victim than guilty party. After being crudely chopped down by Lokomotiv Moscow defender Vadim Evgejev during a 'friendly' in Spain, Karadas rushed to confront his assailant. The Russian then punched him to the ground and kicked him while he was down.

Although both players were sent off, referee Rune Pedersen later admitted he had treated Karadas harshly and promised to send a damning report on Evgejev's behaviour to FIFA, UEFA and the Russian federation.

But while Karadas may have been far more sinned againstthan sinning in the latter incident, such publicity is the last thing he needs, especially at a time when his career appears to be taking off.

Although he can play in central defence, it was as a dynamic target man that he really sprang into life in last season's Norwegian championship. He mighthave scored only seven goals for Brann, the eventual runners-up, but he nonetheless supplied a significant dose of fibre to the side. Karadas' 6ft 3in muscular presence caused mayhem in opposition penalty areas, and he proved a fine foil for his strike partner, Thorstein Helstad, the country's top scorer last term.

With Karadas also showing up well for the Norwegian Under-21s, it was not surprising that foreign eyes began to be trained on the teenager. Although he had unsuccessful trials with Leeds and Liverpool last autumn, and rumours of a move to Dutch side Roda JC faded away, time is undoubtedly on his side.

Karadas, who has Turkish roots, has wisely said his best option is to stay at Brann for the next couple of years. But he has already been welcomed into the senior international fold, making his debut against South Korea in Hong Kong's Carlsberg Cup tournament in January.

Indeed, Karadas' physical attributes and heart make him look tailor-made for Norway's no-frills approach to the international game.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I'm following Celta de Vigo - Real Sociedad on Eurosport and Nihat is having a GREAT match.

Read this:

"Xabi Alonso for Nihat, a neat ball for KOVACEVIC!!! That is a brilliant goal by the visitors!!"

"KOVACEVIC MISSES AN OPEN GOAL!!! Laid on a plate by Nihat!! Dreadful error!"

"NIHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!!!! Two goals in two minutes!!! Incredible stuff from the Turk!!! A wonderful, wonderful player!!"

Two goals and 1 assist :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
with the two newest goals of nihat's added:

[22/06/2003] Real Sociedad (3) Atlético de Madrid (0) ==> Nihat Kahveci 73'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=182449&jugadortxt=&equipotxt=&anioop=-1&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[21/09/2003] Real Sociedad (3) Zaragoza (0) ==> Nihat 56'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=508037&jugadortxt=&equipotxt=&anioop=-1&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[08/11/2003] Deportivo La Coruña (2) Real Sociedad (1) ==> Nihat 29'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=1070266&jugadortxt=&equipotxt=&anioop=-1&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[04/01/2004] Málaga (1) Real Sociedad (2) ==> Nihat 48+'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=1605113&jugadortxt=&equipotxt=&anioop=-1&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[18/01/2004] Real Sociedad (3) Espanyol (1) ==> Kahveci Nihat 88'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=1809426&jugadortxt=&equipotxt=&anioop=-1&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[25/01/2004] Celta (2) Real Sociedad (5) ==> Nihat 71'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=1905832&jugadortxt=Nihat&equipotxt=RealSociedad&anioop=2004&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

[25/01/2004] Celta (2) Real Sociedad (5) ==> Nihat 72'
http://www.mifutbol.com/buscarIzquierda.php?verGol=1&verlista=1&video2_id=1907644&jugadortxt=Nihat&equipotxt=RealSociedad&anioop=2004&mesop=-1&diaop=-1&client_tag=espana

1 - 20 of 8100 Posts