Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should talk about Hidayet and the Kings here:D

I dont know how many of you follow the NBA playoffs but last night our man kicked some b#^t by scoring 20 and rebounding 12. Not bad for a second year player who is used to come off the bench most of the time:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I do try and follow how Hido is doing and Ibo too; if the majority like the idea, then why not? :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have been criticizing Hido the whole playoffs. BUt he played awesome yesterday. He was key factor. The thing that makes me mad is that he has all that talent, but never uses it. Yesterdar he used it and was a star. Hido needs to be aggressive, it is the playoffs, don't get nervous. I also watched the post-game interviews. HIdo has the funniest english. I think he learned it hear, because he tries to speak like he came out of the hood, and he wonders all when he speaks. But its his second year in the US., so I was very suprised of how well he speaks. They'll probably play the Lakers next and I hope they beat those stuck up Lakers. HIdo needs to be aggressive, like he was in this game. He had 20 points and 13 or 14 rebounds. I have never seen IBO play except for the tournemant they had this summer. You guys think IBO is NBA material. By that I mean can he play in the NBA. I think he needs to saty away from those plastic and annoying models to be successful here. Also Ibo looks like a horny guy, so the women here might affect him also :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Before YOU start this, please can you give short basic-information about NBA for those who don`t live in USA or who don`t follow the NBA (like me). Because otherwise it is almost impossible to follow you...

I know that there are 2/3 "confederations" :)confused: ), because there are too many teams to play in only ONE league...

I don`t know much more...
Hidayet is playing for Sacramento Kings. But I don`t know which position they have, how they do... :rolleyes:

It is even almost impossible to follow the European matches regularly. Basketball is not as popular as football here as you all know...

But the last EC gave me a lot of heart-attacks! :cool:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Yes good idea.But shouldn't we change the name of the thread(nothing against you Aragon of course ;)?
More generally we should speak of Turkish basketball in this thread.What do you think?:)
I totally agree. However, I don't really know how to change the name of the thread, if you know you can do it. :)

I guess it would be much better to have a sticky Turkish basketball thread, instead of this.;)

If we cannot change the name of the thread we can open a new one. Prince or Carlito should know how to do it;)

Lets go one buy one:)

Before YOU start this, please can you give short basic-information about NBA for those who don`t live in USA or who don`t follow the NBA (like me).
I will try to be short and clear;)

Esperar, it is not confederations but conferences:D

Eastern and Western conferences. In each conference there are two divisions. So there are four divisons over all:)

EASTERN CONFERENCE with

ATLANTIC DIVISION
New Jersey
Boston
Orlando
Philadelphia
Washington
Miami
New York
CENTRAL DIVISION
Detroit
Charlotte
Toronto
Indiana
Milwaukee
Atlanta
Cleveland
Chicago

and WESTERN CONFERENCE with

MIDWEST DIVISION
San Antonio
Dallas
Minnesota
Utah
Houston
Denver
Memphis
PACIFIC DIVISION
Sacramento
L.A. Lakers
Portland
Seattle
L.A. Clippers
Phoenix
Golden State

All those teams play with each other different number of times according to their division.

At the end of each regular season, first 8 team from each conference qualifies for the playoffs.

During the playoffs, elimination games are played between the teams at the same conference until the final.

At the final West and East conference champions play for NBA championship.

At the moment Hedo's team S. Kings is one of the finalists for Western conference final. :cool:

The other team will be most likely L. Lakers. If Kings can eliminate Lakers, they will play for the championship with the winner of Eastern conference.

I hope that was not confusing:tongue:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
The thing that makes me mad is that he has all that talent, but never uses it. Yesterdar he used it and was a star. Hido needs to be aggressive, it is the playoffs, don't get nervous.
He of course has the talent, however he is not very experienced, that's the reason he's so nervous at times. However, he's growing very fast in the sense of basketball maturity:cool:

So, with time he's gonna be a lot better:)

I agree with you he should be a bit more aggressive. But you know Kings has a lot of high quality players who can take the high pressure. So if he misses a couple of shots he becomes even more nervous.;)

I watched him last weekend. He just made 4 points, but he was very good in defense, especially against Nowitzki. I believe Kings would have a lot of mismatch problems, if Hedo wasn't there to defend Nowitzki.:cool:

Hopefully Hedo will be a lot more effective against Lakers, especially in offense, because there is no matching player to defend Hedo;)

Well, we're gonna see:)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It seems I don't have the power to do anything in this forum,but you can as you are one of the manager(I am the manager of the Galatasaray forum).But if you don't know how to do then we will wait for another manager to do it.
So the title of the thread will be "Turkish Basketball",ok?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I have never seen IBO play except for the tournemant they had this summer. You guys think IBO is NBA material.
I'd love to see him in NBA. I think he could have been a very good sub player;)

And, I also heard that he got some offers from NBA. But he wasn't willing to take the risk of starting from the beginning.
He didn't want to leave his star status in Europe:eek:

He prefered to make fixed money in the best European clubs like Panathinaikos;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Next season Mehmet Okur(Efes Pilsen)could be joining the NBA with Detroit Pistons.He was drafted last season but he decided to stay for one more season in Turkey.Do you know if he is going to move next season?
It is very likely that he'll play for Pistons coming season. I heard that Repreca is injured, so he may have more playing time than he was expecting.:cool:

It's gonna be a tough job though, because Pistons are thinking him as center, with his size he'll have some problems at the beginning. But after some time he'll improve physically and become a better player;)

Who knows even Mirsat can get another offer from NBA, after becoming MVP in Euroleague:tongue:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Turkey has developed in basketball a lot. I am sure there will be others. I read beginning of the season Joe Dumors (head manger of the Pistons) is very satisfied with Okur. They are expecting him with high intensions. I was suprised they did not pressure him to stay this year, after all the praise he got. Also why does every one say that Hido is the first turkish player in the NBA. Mirsad was the first eventhough he had no minutes. I remember he played for two minutes when he was a Buck. He broke his noise thou :) . Aragon I agree with you that Hido is still maturing. But I think he needs to be more aggressive without that excuse. Because a lot of Rookies are awesome in their first year. Look at what Gasol has done. Richard Jefferson is a bench player for the Nets, but he is aggressive. But you are right aragon, Hido will be much better with time. What I have realized is that Hido plays much better when he has more minutes. It takes time for him to calm down. I hope Ibo comes to the NBA too. He should show his talent in the best league in the world. Because being a star in europe is nothing compared to the NBA. He will make millions of dollar in the NBA also.,

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
wow what a game by hedo last night...i was so proud..I watch every kings games and he had sucked so much until last night i even started doubting whther they would keep him in the team in the next years...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Ok I've changed the thread title and made it a 'sticky'. If you guys (and gal) don't want it to be a 'sticky' but prefer a regular thread type, then please tell me.:)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Nice thread:)

And the Kings were the NBA regular season champs, with a 61-21 record. If anyone wants to know Hedo's stats, they can be found at www.nba.com.

Btw, did you guys hear that Charlotte is relocating to New Orleans:excited:

Should I create a duplicate copy of this thread in the basketball forum?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Thanks Hakan:)

What I have realized is that Hido plays much better when he has more minutes. It takes time for him to calm down.
He's gonna take a lot of minutes coming seasons, my concern is his sharing of playing time. Right now he's getting most of the playing time when Peja or D. Christie is on the bench. :rolleyes:

If he wants to be a starter he has to whether shoot as well as Peja, or defend as well as Christie. The thing is there are not many players who can do both at the same time. And Hedo has the potential. :cool:

Plus he can play 2-3-4, with kind of ball handling he has, he will create a lot of mismatches for opposing teams.:D

I hope Ibo comes to the NBA too. He should show his talent in the best league in the world. Because being a star in europe is nothing compared to the NBA. He will make millions of dollar in the NBA also
He doesn't want to be the 8th player in rotation, in Europe everybody know who Ibo is if he comes to NBA he'll be one of the Europeans. It is same for Bodiroga, Djordevic, Tomasevich, Mirsat, Alvertis, Rigadeu and other European stars:rolleyes:

However, I share your feelings about him not going NBA. If he doesn't go to NBA he'll regret rest of his life :eek:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Btw, did you guys hear that Charlotte is relocating to New Orleans
You guys are lucky to have Charlotte instead of Grizzlies;)

A playoff team instead of last team in the standings:cool:

You'll remember, last year they were also trying to get Grizzlies into New Orleans, then Grizzlies ended up at Memphis:)

Should I create a duplicate copy of this thread in the basketball forum?
Why not?;)

My question is when we post something here, is it going to be posted on the duplicate at the same time?:D

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plus he can play 2-3-4, with kind of ball handling he has, he will create a lot of mismatches for opposing teams.
For now, he will never play in the Kings as #2 if Christie is healthy and vs Lakers he can only play as # 3 because they have to have either Divac or Pollard in the game with Webber to double team Shaq.

Next game though I heard Stojakovic wont be playing again, so that mean Hidayet will be starting.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts