Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find the old thread so I decided to start a new one. And let's get it rolling with good news:

Two Turkish players were picked yesterday in NBA draft:

Omer Asik and Semih Erden both from Fenerbahce Ulker were picked by Portland Trail Blazers and Boston Celtics, respectively, in the second round of NBA draft. If they decided to stay and play they will become 3rd and 4th representatives of Turkey in the best basketball league of the world. :musik:

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Semih is really lucky, he got picked by the champions and gets to play with Pierce and Garnett. Omer gets to play with Greg Oden, both can really benefit, and this can only help the national team as well. Good luck to them

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Actually, Omer Asik got traded to Chicago last night for three future second round draft picks. Not bad for a guy who went in the second round :pp

I was surprised that they both got picked. I was expecting Omer to go late second round, and Semih go undrafted. There's some speculation they won't come over right away :( I hope this doesn't turn into a Cenk Akyol situation. Just come over to the NBA already!

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Omer Asik has been traded to Bulls :)

I never saw him play, just watched some links in youtube, looks like a great shot-blocker. I already see him getting more minutes more than Gray at C position.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Semih is a total darkhorse pick by the Celtics. He has great potential.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omer is very well built physically and he has potential to become a big star. Wide shoulders, confident movements, good jump etc. Even though he's a perfect model of a classic 5 position, I think he can play easily as 4 as well.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
He's also a monster in the paint. He gets a bunch of blocks and hustles for second-chance points. His biggest problem is probably his FT% and his athleticism and strength. He's gotta hit the gym if he's gonna go up against guys like Dwight Howard, Rasheed Wallace, etc etc.

Semih Erden has been falling off the face of the world ever since last year. He has the potential to be a 20/10 guy in the NBA but he has to realize that. Basketball version of Sergen.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Asik will not be joining Bulls for the next two years because of his current contract.

Pax about Asik "He's a first-round talent who is a futures player for us who we're really excited about. We targeted two players in this draft and got them both."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts