The four players from the 27 players pre-squad who were left out are:
1.Metin Aktas(Trabzonspor)
2.Tayfun Korkut(Real Sociedad)
3.Cihan Haspolatli(Galatasaray)
4.Serhat Akin(Fenerbahçe)

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
A good squad. I'm surprised too that Tayfun was left out, but am glad Izzet is included (he worked hard against HK).

Serhat may have been good back up for the front two, but as we know Senol hoca doesn't like to use too many forwards.

However with this tournament, there is still a possibility of injuries (God forbid). And we have some decent players in waiting.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Maestro10 said:

This guy is in the squad but not Tayfun who plays in the worlds best league - phucking unbelieveble. This coach is a insane coban, as Bulent Korkmaz once said Wallahi Bravo.......
Maybe he wants him in case there's a penalty shoot-out :rolleyes:

Yep, it surprises me too; the names are similar, maybe he got confused...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Tayfur:fero: what good has he ever done for us or any team?? I never understand, if he outs him in the line up with this many quality midfielders i will die...

But the rest of the team is a good choice...pretty obvious ones...Tayfun should have stayed and Tayfur out...

·
*the drum drum*
43,198 Posts
HakanK said:

Maybe he wants him in case there's a penalty shoot-out :rolleyes:

:D
With the way Senol Gunes has us playing, I wouldn't be suprised if every game after the group stages ends up as a shootout for us :rolleyes:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maestro10 said:
Tayfun who plays in the worlds best league
His games were all impressing and his goals were beatiful. As we all know that number of goals scored by defensive footballers are the deciders in the World Cups.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think Tayfur and Tayfun are both average players, if I had to choose between'em I'd keep Tayfun, but I think, as suggested by HakanK, Tayfur is in the squad as a penalty taker! Maybe Günes is anticipating a shootout if we get to the quarter-finals!? Also we have a very attacking midfield with players like Emre, Ümit, Okan and Tugay, whereas tayfur is a more defensive "Hold the centre of the field" kind'f player.

I'm not too confident in Fatih being in the squad as he is notoriously unreliable and makes defensive errors, which is why Real Majorca dumped him.

Arif is a bit passed it... He used to have pace, but now he runs but doesn't go anywhere, guess he's in the squad for his experience. However, Arif can also do a midfield job, so maybe it's his ability to do a dual-role is wht's got him into the squad as well as his experience.

I'm really dissappointed that Ümit Karan was left out!

Anyway, that's my two pennies worth!

I get the feeling that Hakan's gonna score against Brazil though. Insallah!!!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
No, guys, this is really ...idiotic!?
How could Gunes leave Tayfun?!
I am really nervous, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Are you guys serious when saying that he is a good penalty taker and that´s why he should be in the squad.....this is really crazy, hope that Tayfun will boycott the national team, especially if this moron Senol Gunes is the coach.

The morale in the team is very low now according to the newspapers, it´s not a good thing. Emre was slighltly injured and it seemes likes this world cup will be a fiasko - damn I am so mad of the ignorance by the national teams management!!!!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, I am puzzled that a very solid player like Tayfun, who has played in big competitions for the NT in the past, was left out.

Though I think that a place for Serhat also could have been made, I am not sure which striker would be dumped in favor of him.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I am not too surprised, I was expecting him to leave one good midfielder out, but not Tayfun. Hakan Ünsal, Abdullah, Ergün, Tayfur, Okan, Tugay, Emre, Nihat, Yildiray, Mustafa Izzet and Hasan. Too many midfielders:)

I agree Tayfur doesn't deserve that place in the team as much as Tayfun. Let's just hope he won't be a starter;)

In this case, he has to go with Okan and who else is gonna be running in the midfield?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Radioman said:
I think Tayfur and Tayfun are both average players, if I had to choose between'em I'd keep Tayfun, but I think, as suggested by HakanK, Tayfur is in the squad as a penalty taker! Maybe Günes is anticipating a shootout if we get to the quarter-finals!? Also we have a very attacking midfield with players like Emre, Ümit, Okan and Tugay, whereas tayfur is a more defensive "Hold the centre of the field" kind'f player.

I'm not too confident in Fatih being in the squad as he is notoriously unreliable and makes defensive errors, which is why Real Majorca dumped him.

Arif is a bit passed it... He used to have pace, but now he runs but doesn't go anywhere, guess he's in the squad for his experience. However, Arif can also do a midfield job, so maybe it's his ability to do a dual-role is wht's got him into the squad as well as his experience.

I'm really dissappointed that Ümit Karan was left out!

Anyway, that's my two pennies worth!

I get the feeling that Hakan's gonna score against Brazil though. Insallah!!!
Radioman,Arif Erdem was the best scorer of the league this season,and is a good partner to Hakan Sükür,so I think it's quite normal why he is in the squad.
About Tayfun,I don't understand.I don't think it has to do because there is too many attacking midfielders.First,Tugay is a defensive midfielder,then there is many other players who can "hold the centre of the field" as you said.Tugay,Ergün and also Ümit Davala and Emre can do it.Also,Tayfun is able to play in that position.About Ümit Karan I think it is because Senol Günes didn't want to take too many forwards and because Ümit Karan didn't do well in the league, didn't scored enough goals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Arif isn't a match winning striker, he, like Tayfun and Tayfur is an average player. Ümit Karan showed in the Champions league that he is sharp, and unlike any of our other strikers, possibly with the exception of the inexperienced Ilhan, he is an out-and-out striker, whereas Hakan, Arif and Hasan are more midfielder-strikers.

I don't know why Tayfur is in the squad, and it is ridiculous to really think it's coz he's a good pen taker!

What's of more concern to me is the teams attitude and their mental preparation from now until we KICK BRAZIL'S ARSE!!!! :) They're a bit cranky from the humidity in Hong Kong and have been whinging too much about the Fevernova balls... They should get over it and accept the fact that that's the ball all teams in the tournament will be playing with! I think this is where Günes has to show how good a manager he is and try to instill belief, confidence and positivity into the squad!

At the end of the day, I, like everyone else, am airing my opinions. Senol Günes is the boss. He's been in the game long enough to know what he is doing. I have confidence in him! :)

I know we all want our country to do well, so let's not dwell too much on the negatives all the time, although we shouldn't completely ignore possible concerns. Let's be positive... We have depth in the squad which is important for such a campaign, we have experience, we have pace, we have probably the best midfield in Europe and definately the best keeper in Europe in Rüstü.

I think going to Hong Kong was a good idea, especially as it is a lot hotter and humid compared to S. Korea. It'll help our players prepare better. They can catchup on their sleep when they get to Korea!

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Jersey no, Name, Birth, Team, Height, Weight, Goals with NT, Appaerance in NT

1 RECBER Rüþtü 1973 Fenerbahce Türkiye 186 76 0 63
2 ASIK Emre 1973 Galatasaray Türkiye 185 72 2 15
3 KORKMAZ Bülent 1968 Galatasaray Türkiye 181 79 1 68
4 AKYEL Fatih 1977 Fenerbahce Türkiye 180 77 0 35
5 OZALAN Alpay 1973 Aston Villa England 188 81 4 59
6 ERDEM Arif 1972 Galatasaray Türkiye 180 72 8 49
7 BURUK Okan 1973 Inter Mailand Italy 169 69 4 25
8 KERIMOGLU Tugay 1970 B. Rovers England 175 72 2 59
9 SUKUR Hakan 1971 Parma Italy 191 81 35 72
10BASTURK Yýldýray 1978 B.Lev.Germany 168 65 1 12
11SAS Hasan 1976 Galatasaray Türkiye 176 71 0 14
12CATKIC Ömer 1974 Gaziantep Türkiye 173 70 0 5
13IZZET Muzzy 1974 L.City England 177 76 0 6
14HAVUTCU Tayfur 1970 Besiktas Türkiye 180 75 6 37
15KAHVECI Nihat 1979 R.Sociedad Spain 175 71 1 10
16OZAT Ümit 1976 Fenerbahce Türkiye 183 89 0 13
17MANSIZ Ýlhan 1975 Besiktas Türkiye 184 79 2 5
18PENBE Ergün 1972 Galatasaray Türkiye 178 64 0 20
19ERCAN Abdullah 1971 Fenerbahce Türkiye 182 76 0 69
20UNSAL Hakan 1973 B. Rovers England 178 78 0 24
21BELOZOGLU Emre 1980 Inter Italya 171 66 1 11
22DAVALA Ümit 1973 AC Milan Italy 186 74 1 23
23OZGULTEKIN Zafer 1975 Ankaragucu Türkiye 183 75 0 1

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
other than Zafer, I am pretty familiar with the rest of the team. He will mostly be a reserve, right?

·
*the drum drum*
43,198 Posts
I agree that Umit Karan should be there...
He proved enough in the CL matches when he played as a lone striker...

If Hakan gets injured, who will play in his position?
No one in that squad is capable of playing as a lone striker..
Of course we could play with 2 strikers, but don't tell me, tell Senol hoca :rolleyes:

Deniz, Zafer is the 3rd choice GK, so he probably won't play ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Deniz said:
other than Zafer, I am pretty familiar with the rest of the team. He will mostly be a reserve, right?
Well I beleive He is better than Omer. More talented, alson in form. Omer was a reserve player in Gaziantep ( after Fevzi's move) while Zafer was in the lineup and had succesfull games in the league 4th.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts