Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Senegal (PKs)

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of these two teams will be a surprising semifinalist. Both teams have played superbly until now.. Turkey had problems with Costa Rica's speed and skill. They will face something similar in Senegal. While the Senegalese had a tough time containing Uruguay flank play, something they will face with Turkey with Hasam Saz. Certainly either team can win.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
The good thing for Turkey is a full squad is available (only time since the Brazil game) and of course barring injuries.

Sengal are pacey and strong; but as the Turk's showed against Japan, experience becomes more and more vital the further you progress.

I would probably have guessed Senegal would do well, but after Uruguay almost beat them, I think it leaves it more open to opinion.

A tough one to call.

P.S. Superstition doesn't allow me to vote:D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Let's Senegal win and continue all the fun...:cool:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
From and To Izmir & The Aegean Region, The South Aegean Region,
Eastern Anatolian Region, South Eastern Anatolia
& The GAP Region, Antalya & The Mediterranean Region, Black Sea Region ,Istanbul & The Marmara Region Ankara & The Central Anatolian Region ... Plus at least one person in Miami .....
The whole REGION for a Turkey WIN ...

:) :cool: :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think that Senegal able to reach the final game, they will beat Turkey, this team is really surprising me, and none know, may be they wilkl take the wc....:rolleyes: really i wish that...:);)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I haven't made one correct guess so far in this WC so I am not going to predict a winner.
I just hope Senegal wins, they are so great to watch and it would be a real boost for African football to make the semis.

Allez Senegal!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
THe two teams have very different styles, so it should be an entertaining match. And none of our players will be missing due to yellow cards;)

Still I think Senegal will attack a lot, and pull a 2-1 win:(

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
oh man- no chance that we lose. Especially when both Emre`s are back again.

I think positive. Forget the tactics. They make me dizzy... :rolleyes:

It is great that the game is on saturday. More time and possibilities to celebrate the win !

only possible thing on saturday is a win of Turkiye!

Face it!

;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Esperar, don't be too optimistic...
i think that u will not be happy on saturday;)so prepare ur self for this day...:D;)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Amazing to think that one of these teams will be in the semis :cool: I could see Turkey as a quarter finalst before the tournament but not the semis :)

This promises to be a great game, Senegal will have Fadiga and Diao back so they will be pumped to play good.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would love to see Senegal win this one, but I have to admit that Turks are more professional. I predict an early goal by Turkey, then defense, defense, defense and the second goal on a counter attack to beat up the Senegalese.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I saw 3 games with Senegal; France, Denmark and Sweden.

What impressed me the most was none of these opponents played bad, it was just that Senegal were simply better, some times had more luck, but in the end, they were the better team. And they didn't meet the worst teams of the tournament if you know what I mean ;)

It'll be the same thing here, Turkey will prolly play good, but in the end Metsu's coaching and the senegalese players attitude will overcome the turks and if Senegal win this match, there's nothing stopping them from winning the whole thing :dazed:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Emperor said:
Esperar, don't be too optimistic...
i think that u will not be happy on saturday;)so prepare ur self for this day...:D;)
I bet YOU would cry when Turkey wins on saturday!

:cool:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I have only seen the opening games of both teams.
However i think Senegal will win, and i also hope so!

There is an old song in Brazil that goes: "Sene, sene, sene, senegal, sene, sene, sene senegal" from the great band OLODUM!;) :cool:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I'm on Turkey ;).

Senegal's adventure stops here - a win on penalties for Turkey :cool:.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Metsu is right Turkey is way too arrogant and the question is WHY?

Senegal has beaten France and Sweden, outplayed Denmark and for the most part Uruguay and some Turks act as if victory is assured as long as Turkey shows up.

As for Emre and Burak returning while Senegal was missing both Fadiga and Diao against Sweden both will play against Turkey.

Bottom line until an African teams wins the World Cup we will never get the respect we deserve.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Still I think Senegal will attack a lot, and pull a 2-1 win
That's what you were telling before Japan game;)

I hope the same is going to happen:tongue:

I surprised that people surprised to see Turkiye here. Everything was accounted for. Except the fact that we would be playing with Argentina in 1/8.:tongue:

They couldn't make it; it's not our fault.:D

About Senegal, I am definitely surprised, they got tough wins, however, against Turkiye they won't be underdogs anymore; everybody have big expectations for Senegal now, that's a disadvantage :rolleyes:

If it wasn't Turkiye, I would root for Senegal too, I always liked African teams;)

But for now Go Turkiye:cool:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
This game is going to be very tough for Turkey, but I hope we(Turkey) somehow can defeat the impressive africans.

My prediction for the game is 1-1

I dont understand why some people are saying Turkey is arrogant.
What has Günes said that made him arrogant? All Ive heard him say was that he believed Turkey could win this one, and that his aim was to qualify for the semifinal, and thats normal for a coach to say.
I dont think any coach will say before a game that he doenst think his team stand a chance.
Self confidence and arrogance is not the same thing!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
All the turkish fans in here has praised Senegal and not played them down. Everybody knows that they have played weel in this tournament.....and Gunes the idiot hasn´t made a official statement thats not reasonble. He said its gonna be a tough game but that he was confident that his team will pass this stage aswell. This game can be very difficult to predict, both teams plays very good defensively and is fast on attacks. But in this kind of game I have to follow my heart: Turkey will win this game because we dont underestimate our oppnonent and we will have more motivation than Senegal. Hopefully the result will be 2-0 victory for TUR.

I really hope it will be a good game with lots of goals and finess.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts