Xtratime Community banner

Turkey vs Hong Kong

339 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Carson35 
#1 ·
Tomorrow NT will play against Hong Kong:)

I did not even know Hong Kong had a soccer team:eek:

I hope Gunes will have a chance to create the team in his mind:D

And again I hope none of the players will get injured;)

#2 ·
I think they only play this match to get their selfconfidence up. It could be to prepare for the match against China, but I heard China plays differently than Hong Kong and that China is much stronger.
I will dissapointet if we win by margin less than 3 goals.

Do you think Turkey will play with their best 11 or do you think some players will be saved?

Its on Trt int 12.00 tomorrow right?

#3 ·
Aragon said:
I did not even know Hong Kong had a soccer team:eek:
We DO have our own national team! We DO have our own league! :dazed: :D

We were the best in Asia... about 20-30 years ago... :eek: :rolleyes: The problem is that we are NOW among the worst teams in Asia! :crybaby:

Honestly it would be a very easy game for Turkey. My national team only win against some teams like Indonesia and Macau. :eek: :mute: :tongue:

I also wonder if Turkey would play the best 11. It's a tournament and we have also invited the national teams of Scotland and South Africa. If they don't play the best 11 in the first game, they'll probably play the best 11 in the next game because it's the last game they have (if I remember correctly) before they fly to South Korea/Japan.

BTW, they really have to take good care of themselves during the tournament. The weather here is very bad in these few days (raining cats and dogs); and the Hong Kong stadium isn't in a very good condition. Let's hope that they wouldn't get injured just before the cup...

P.S. Today the Turkish national team refused to let any journalists to get into the training ground to do interviews and such, as the Hong Kong FA failed to organise a training session for them in the Hong Kong Stadium. Well, again, it's because of the heavy rain, according to the source I have. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I also wonder if Turkey would play the best 11. It's a tournament and we have also invited the national teams of Scotland and South Africa. If they don't play the best 11 in the first game, they'll probably play the best 11 in the next game because it's the last game they have (if I remember correctly) before they fly to South Korea/Japan.
I think Turkey's coach will try to decide on sub players, that's what he was telling to Turkish media:)

After this match we will have final 23 players, so it would be a battle of subs;)

And again, it would be a terrible idea to risk key players. I think we can take control of the game score as much as we can.

Besides, they will adjusts themselves to humidity and start understanding what I was suffering in Houston:D

#6 ·
The match ended Turkey 2 Hong Kong 0 on goals from Hasan Sas and Hakan Sükür on penalty.
It was a terrible match. Our players were walking and didnt seem like they wanted to play. The whole team was substituted in the halftime.
The best players in the first half was Emre and Hasan Sas the worst was Sükür.
The best player in the second half was Ergün, Ünsal was decent and the rest were crap.

This is the worst match Ive seen all year. :(

#7 ·
waq said:
The score will be something like 5-10 nothing I would say...:eek:
Aaarrggghh!! :scream: It's MY national team!!!! We aren't that decent but have some respects to us, would you? :fero: :D

Aragon said:
Besides, they will adjusts themselves to humidity and start understanding what I was suffering in Houston:D
Manny said:
It was a terrible match. Our players were walking and didnt seem like they wanted to play.
I understand why they were "only" walking... :rolleyes: You simply feel sick when you're outdoors without air-conditioning! :(

I dislike the hot and sticky summer here! :fero: :depress:

Next games:

Hong Kong vs Scotland

South Africa vs Turkey

#8 ·
Well, we have a winning streak with friendlies now:D

Let's see if we can beat S. Africa. Shouldn't be too hard.

#9 ·
Shanie said:

I understand why they were "only" walking... :rolleyes: You simply feel sick when you're outdoors without air-conditioning! :(

I dislike the hot and sticky summer here! :fero: :depress:

Next games:

Hong Kong vs Scotland

South Africa vs Turkey
yeah...we do want some respect from people... :fero: Forza Hong Kong!!! :stuckup:

#10 ·
International Friendly Report: Turkey Claim Easy Win Over Hong Kong XI
Hong Kong - Turkey | News Archive

Comfortable win for Turkey (Allsport)
05/20/2002. Turkey have beaten a Hong Kong league XI 2-0 in a World Cup warm up match that was more of a training exercise than a competitive fixture for the Turks.

The first half was dominated by Turkey and Hong Kong didn't have a a shot on target in the opening 45 minutes.

The first goal came from a Hakan Sukur penalty after 22 minutes after Hasan was brought down in the area. The second goal came in the last minute of the first half from Hasan after he linked up well with Hakan.

Senol Gunes, who will announce the 23-player World Cup squad tomorrow morning, introduced a new line-up after the break. Turkey continued to dominate, but Arif and Ilhan
missed golden chances to increase the lead.

Zafer did have shots to save in the second half, but he wasn't seriously tested at any time by Hong Kong.

soccerage
------------------------
but unfortunately, shanie...we lost this game.. :cry::(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.