Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the decisive game of the group the winner is probably through to the next round while the loser more than likely will be going home

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I agree with your assessment, and hope that we can win the match. I think we will win 2-1:)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Well, this will be a huge match, I'm counting the days for this game... my heart says that Costa Rica will win 1-0, but I guess that we could also get a tie so: My prediction: 2-2
GO TICOS!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Turkey has lost valuable players but the bench are also strong, even better for the Costa Rica match. If the referee can handle the tempo, Turkey will surely win. I heard he is from Benin(?), but he can't be worse than the South Korean referee.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I voted for Turkey. Watching the Brasil-Turkey match proved that Turkey has a team of quality. They need to keep cool and not get so easily provoked though - in other words get 100 % professional! Rivaldo was a bastard, yes! But Unsal was plain stupid and didn't think about the team's best.

Hope that Turkey will go into this match positively and play that nice football they are capable of. They could go far - as some of the players has experience of winning big things (UEFA CUP!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
BALIKEKMEK said:
Turkey has lost valuable players but the bench are also strong, even better for the Costa Rica match. If the referee can handle the tempo, Turkey will surely win. I heard he is from Benin(?), but he can't be worse than the South Korean referee.
it is not important where he is from. But at least i want him to have experience.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If we lose, i won't be sad. I think that we deserve at least quarter or semi - finals. Being lost to Costa Rica, means that we are not much capable as i think. So if we think that we are one of the good teams of the world, we must easily win this.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Folks Fans of Turkey...Costa Rica is not here by chance....and they've been to the WC Before.....................And their Youth National Teams have done xtremelly well in the last few years.

In light of that...You shouldnt be ashamed or feel bad when you lose this game..Because it can happen as easily as you can win it... :)

Im stiking to Concacaf and Costa Rica and a Win for the Central Americans too. Heck its not like Im betting my house on this one..

:cool::cap::cool:

;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Costa rica is a good team, but when games are important, Gala and Turkey always manage to win. This my friend will be more struggle and fight than finess, turkey will not let this chance be wasted.

All I ask for is objective and confident referee and we will walk away with the 3 points.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Prince-T said:

Your right, his nationality doesn't matter
Of course, nationality does not matter, considering the personality but how can he have the experience or modern football mentality in Benin league ( if they have one ) ? Rules are the same in every country but applications differ. For example, I beleive in South Korea 9 meters seems too long so 6 is enough.

Prince-T said:

What I am saying is that our boys can beat any team on Earth, but they can also lose to any team on Earth ;)
That is why I always feel I am having a heart-attack all the time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Prince-T said:

What I am saying is that our boys can beat any team on Earth,
this is it, we will win. Go Turkey, for the sake of 70 Million...

we will win and crash China. We will make it through at least semi-finals.

:skull: :heart: :strong:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Although Turkey will be missing Alpay and Ünsal I think they oughta win this one pretty comfortably.
Costa Rica was better than China, and a bit better than I thought, but they're not good enuff to beat Turkey IMO.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
It won't be an easy match but Turkey will win it 2-1 then we will smash China at least 3-0 I think it will be 5-0 but they might score one. We will reach at least the quertar-finals I am 200% sure!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Costa Riva had some impressive results in the qualification for the WC, but i was not impressed by them when they played against China.
I was told Costa Rica could be the surprise of the world cup and that they play samba football, like Brazil. If they are really that good they were fooling me in their first match.

If Turkey play their best, they should win this one without too many problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This time I hope we will win the game witha comfortable margin without any hesitation of our football....

----------------------------------------------

This time I can't go to Korea-Japan but next time I will be at Gerrmany2006

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
When we qualify for Germany in 2006, it will be an advantage to us. We will be the home team there:D

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Relax everyone Costa Rica is a very good team. But in some ways it is good that we underestimate them and hopefully Senol Gunes is doing the same. Otherwise he will be too scared and we will play the typical Gunes tactic 7-3-1:D

If he doesnt start Ilhan with Hakan up front I will be pissed:mad:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Being lost to Costa Rica, means that we are not much capable as i think. So if we think that we are one of the good teams of the world, we must easily win this.
I agree. Costa Rica is a good team, I am not saying because I know them , I am saying it because they're here playing in the WC finals.So, they should be;)

But, we're good too. I am not saying it, just because we're in the WC finals, I am saying it because, I know that we're good:D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Pretty lop-sided voting:D There must not be too many ticos here at XT.

The game will not be so lop-sided (imo), but I think we will win this game. If we don't, we really need to destroy China and hope Brazil fields a good team against the Ticos.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
World Cup Preview: Costa Rica-Turkey
Costa Rica - Turkey | News Archive

Do or die match for Gunes's side (ALLSPORT)
06/08/2002. BACKGROUND:

A very delicate match will take place on Sunday in Incheon, where Costa Rica and Turkey will face each other in the fourth match of the Group C. With Brazil as good as in the second round and China almost certainly out, the fight for the second place will be precisely between these two sides.

Costa Rica and Turkey collected two totally different results in the respective debuts. The Central Americans go into this match with plenty of confidence after the 2-0 win over China, and hope to repeat what they did in their lone previous appearance in the World Cup finals (Italia '90), that's to say qualifying for the 1/8 finals with two wins in the first two contests.

On their part, Turkey will be under a huge pressure, following last Tuesday's controversial 2-1 defeat against Brazil. Although a draw would keep their hopes alive, Gunes' men must shoot for the three points, as this would allow them to play China in the last round with a big edge over Costa Rica, who will face Brazil.

LATEST TEAM NEWS
COSTA RICA: No big worries for Costa Rica coach Alexandre Guimaraes. The Brazilian trainer will field the same eleven who defeated China, including midfielder Harold Wallace, who suffers a light muscular problem.

TURKEY: Coach Senol Gunes will be forced to make at least a couple of changes compared to the opening match againtst Brazil. Hakan Unsal and Alpay are suspended and should be replaced by Ercan and Umit Ozat. Gunes will likely make a tactical change as well, fielding a 3-5-2 lineup instead of the more cautious 4-5-1, with striker Ilhan alongside Hakan Sukur.

POSSIBLE LINEUPS:
COSTA RICA: Lonnis, Marín, Wright, Martinez; Wallace, Solis, Centeno, Castro, Fonseca, Gomez; Wanchope

TURKEY: Rustu, Fatih, Umit Ozat, Bulent, Tugay, Emre, Basturk, Hasan Sas, Abdullah, Hakan Sukur, Ilhan

PLAYERS TO WATCH
COSTA RICA: Ronald Gomez. The Ofi Crete striker was really impressive against China, especially in the second half. Indeed, he led Costa Rica to the win with a superb goal and a perfect supply.

TURKEY: Hasan Sas. He was by far Turkey's best player in the match against Brazil, both for his nice goal and for his usual 90-minute movement. Costa Rica's defenders will have their hands full with his speed and imagination

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS:
Costa Rica and Turkey will face each other for the first time in their history.

Andrea Rosselli

soccerage

1 - 20 of 43 Posts