Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April 1, 2009 - 21:00 (20:00 CET) Ali Sami Yen (Istanbul)

Ref. Mike Riley (Eng)
Turkish players with one card off suspension: Arda, Colin Kazim, Semih
Injured and not in the squad: Servet, G.Zan(Y), Hamit, M.Topal(Y)

Spanish players unavailable: Cesc, Iniesta, Puyol

Group 5 standings:
1 Spain 5-0-0 (11-1) 15p
2 Bosnia-H 3-0-2 (16-6) 9
3 Turkey 2-2-1 (5-3) 8
4 Belgium 2-1-2 (9-9) 7

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
agreed, but i am actually not as pessimistic as the first match. they seem to play better when they almost HAVE to win, and at home they won't give a piss poor 2nd half performance

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Yeah, I'm more optimistic this time round. I think we are capable of beating them with the support of our fans, and if the tactic is right.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
We'll play better because of the atmosphere naturally, and because the odds are now officially against us. See, the game in Spain on paper was supposed to be a loss or at best a draw. Expecting a win out of Spain was pretty optimistic to say the least. But now, we know that if we lose, life's gonna get difficult. I expect every single player to play 100% better, even the ones that gave a shit last game like Gokhan Gonul.

But man Spain knows how to dictate the game... we need to play our "Cilgin" style and not that "lets observe how they play and not do anything about it" style we had in the Bernabeu.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
call me crazy, but i am 100 percent sure that we'll lose far worse than the first time around.
I'll call you crazy for now :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I expect our team to give their 110% effort. :stoned:

But seriously, I think we can win this one. We lost the last game due to a set-piece, our team should be able to overcome these defensive flaws for tomorrow.

If anyone finds any high quality streams then let us all know. I'll be on the lookout later on.

·
Registered
595 Posts
call me crazy, but i am 100 percent sure that we'll lose far worse than the first time around.
Agreed,and we will qualify to WC 2010 in our last match as we did against Norway at Euro qualifies,i seriously don't care as long as we play good at the WC,but well..i rather see our team play good instead of some shitty shit..

offtopic,what the hell is it with these avatars,getting me confused..

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Emre Asik really looks to be in bad shape. (He should play, but I don't know the consequence come next Monday).

There will be a minute's silence before the match mourning the victims of Ivory Coast.
And 1954 NT players to be honored at 20:30? For beating Spain 1-0 at Inonu after the 1-4 debacle? Show more respect to Spain, but, ah well...

---
In open training videos at ASY, Xavi, Villa, Mata were in "B" team. (10 players in "A")

Looking at the tactical, Spanish sources report this:
Casillas; S.Ramos, Marchena, Piqué, Capdevila;
Senna, Xabi Alonso; Silva, Xavi, Riera; Torres.
(Villa and Güiza to sub in for Torres.)

·
Registered
23,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Emre Asik is a big doubt, he will be given until last minute.

I think Spain will be much better in this game. We will need to go out and attack which means that Spain will be counter attacking the whole time and maybe catching some 1 on 1's with Volkan. Volkan will need to have a huge game.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ay yıldızlı takımda Emre Aşık'ın durumu bugün belli olacak. Sırtında ağrılar olan ve ilk maçta iğneyle oynayan Galatasaraylı futbolcu için teknik direktör Fatih Terim dün düzenlediği basın toplantısında "Tereddütte olduğumuz Emre Aşık var, durumuna bakacağız. Ama dört gün arayla iki maç üst üste oynamanın bazı dezavantajları var" dedi. Bu arada Emre Aşık bu geceki karşılaşmada oynamayı çok istediğini ve doktorların izin vermesi halinde her türlü fedakarlığa hazır olduğunu ifade etti.

:proud::proud::proud:

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Agreed,and we will qualify to WC 2010 in our last match as we did against Norway at Euro qualifies,i seriously don't care as long as we play good at the WC,but well..i rather see our team play good instead of some shitty shit..

offtopic,what the hell is it with these avatars,getting me confused..
Well unlike euro qualifying the top 2 don't automatically qualify... and history proves how awful we are in playoffs... latvia, switzerland...

1 - 20 of 367 Posts