Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Persianfootball.com

In a meeting between the head of the Athletic Departments of Iran and Turkey, an agreement was reached for matches between national teams and/or club teams of the two countries with the proceeds going to the victims of the Bam earthquake.

Mohsen Mehr Alizadeh who had visited Ankara to express the gratitude of Iranian officials for Turkey’s financial assistance to the Bam earthquake victims, in a meeting with Mohammad Ali Shahin, head of Turkey’s Athletic Department, proposed the scheduling of such a match.

Following the meeting, in talks with reporters Mohammad Ali Shahin acknowledged the Iranian proposal for a friendly soccer match and said that he would pass the message on the Turkish FA. He continued, “Such a match not only would strengthen the brotherhood ties between the two countries, but also in lieu of the proceeds going to the earthquake victims it would be a very nice gesture on behalf of the sports communities of Iran and Turkey. Given Mehr Alizadeh’s position in Iran’s Athletic Department and the accompanying of other members of that department with him for this meeting, there will be talks between the two countries for future athletic cooperations.”

Regarding the meeting that took place Mehr Alizadeh expressed, “Considering the cultural similarities between the two countries and the mutual sports interest in both societies, an agreement to such an athletic cooperation between Iran and Turkey can be the stepping stone to even further cooperations in this field.”

He continued that as head of Iran’s Athletic Department he would have more talks with his Turkish counterparts to ensure the continuation and expansion of such athletic agreements.

Mehr Alizadeh arrived in Ankara before noon on the 28th and was greeted by Rajab Akdagh, Turkey’s Minister of Health. Mehr Alizadeh is scheduled to meet with and express appreciation to several assistance groups who have been taking part in delivering assistance to the Bam earthquake victims. Him and his accompanying team will also have further meeting with Turkish Athletic officials.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
test the youngsters hamit altintop, servet, toraman, volkan, hanefi, kemal, serhat, and gokdeniz...

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
I hope Senol Gunes doesn't use a single youngster in this match..

If he does, they'll say "see, we're changing.. We have confidence in Senol Gunes" :rollani:

Otherwise, a nice gesture and a good match :cool:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
u cant let senol gunes beat u and turkey...if u dont want him to help the country it means he's killin yall softly...get them youngsters in the game!

ali gunes---ibrahim toraman--bulent egemen---mahmut hanefi

perfect to me since suat usta and servet aint gettin no playin time :mad:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I don't think Ali Günes should be anywhere near the turkish starting lineup. Im surprised that he is even in the starting lineup for Fenerbahce. He is an average player.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
I don't think Ali Günes should be anywhere near the turkish starting lineup. Im surprised that he is even in the starting lineup for Fenerbahce. He is an average player.
Dennis, have you seen him play the last 5 games...?

If he can replace our NT right back defender Fatih....then he sure is capable of playing for the NT.

At the moment he is the best right back in Turkey!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I've followed him for years and I've never thought he was anything special. If he is the best right back in Turkey then we have got a problem on the right back spot.
I hope he proves me wrong though.

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
His form right now is at least as good as Fatih Akyel when he's in his top form!

And add to that, he's not a self-centred little brat like nearly half of the NT players!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Come on guys don't you think you are a bit to biased?You are saying that all fener players a very good while the the Galatasaray players are average.
Serhat is great when he isn't injured but Ali Günes....... :rollani:

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
We've said Ali Günes is a good player, and we've said Sabri is average..

Can you please define the word "all" for me again? :howler:

Ali Günes is outplaying Fatih Akyel, the NT's first choice right back, and he's keeping him out of the Fenerbahçe line-up.. Tell me, have you watched Ali Günes and Fener since the Besiktas game? He started out badly in that game, but since then, we could say he's been among the best 3 players on the pitch in every game since then..

And I'll bring Sabri into this too now, since I've "said" that all Galatasaray players are average..
He's young, and he fights hard.. But there is no way you can say his form has matched the likes of someone like Mehmet Yozgatli (and no, not because he's a Fener player but because of the breathtaking performances while he was at Istanbulspor)..
Mehmet Yozgatli is the best performing Turkish right winger in the league, and if he doesn't get a call up, Sabri doesn't deserve one either..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Tolga said:
Go ahead and name someone who's better, then we'll discuss whether he's the best or not ;)
That's the thing bro...they cant name someone else. But they can bash him for some reason.

If Ali G continues like he does at the moment he will play as right defender for our NT....i have no doubt about that. Fatih's only competition was Sonkaya and he is very slow compared to Akyel. The problem with Akyel is that he is too agressive and easilyu can get a red card. He also havent learned how to make those crosses plus that his passing skills arent the best.

Then imagine Ali G...who is fast as Fatih. Has no bad temper, his skills are getting better with every day and he has finally learned how to make those crosses even if they can get a lot better.

And what i also like about him is that he after 4 years with Fenerbahce never has complained once for being benched or for not playing on his regular spot. This guy has shown true professionalism by fighting his way back. Not very common amongst Turkish players.

Dennis, you dissing Ali G is kind of ignorance.....just watch his next game before you judge him for his past!

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
Ali Günes is becoming what Umit Davala was for Galatasaray 5 years ago...

He can play anywhere on the park, and he always plays at 110%.

And just like Umit, he's excelling at the right back and right midfield roles..

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Tolga that was what Cenk said.....that we don't have any good players and it seems like you agree with him ;)

And from that other article you posted in the Fenerbahce forum it seems like Fatih has been injured for 2 months and that he isn't back to his best yet.
How did Ali outplay Fatih? :confused:

Fatih: He's been out for 2 months with injury. He needs to regain fitness. When he does, he'll be an important weapon for the team.
Cenk, Ive seen Günes play and I just haven't been all that impressed with him. He did a good job but that is it imo.
If he gets called up I hope he does well. We don't have that many great right backs at the moment.

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
Fatih's return to the side saw him play centre back... Why? Because Ali Gunes' form at right back was too good..

I'm comparing the best of Fatih in the last 2 years (WC not included), and Ali Gunes' recent form...
I'd rather have Ali in the team and Fatih on the bench the way it's going..

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
www.Fenerbahceninsesi.com

FENERBAHÇE'DE 2 YARI EN ÇOK KÝME GÜVENÝYORSUNUZ? (Who do you trust the most at Fenerbahçe for the 2nd half of the season?)

SERHAT %33 (5116 oy)
VAN HOO?JDONK %28 (4423 oy)
ORTEGA %24 (3825 oy)
AL? GÜNE? %5 (725 oy)
TUNCAY %3 (546 oy)
ÜM?T ÖZAT %3 (478 oy)
FAT?H %1 (174 oy)
AUREL?O %1 (142 oy)
KEMAL %1 (137 oy)
SEM?H %0 (70 oy)
LUC?ANO %0 (31 oy)

=========

A little stupid, I mean, Ortega is in the poll.. But then, he is still a fans favourite, and wherever his name pops up in a poll, a lot of fans will click his name without even reading the question :D

But take a look at it..
Serhat and PvH lead the way, and Ali Gunes is the next best active player.. He's got more votes than Tuncay and his captain even!

You'll be hard pressed to find a more dedicated and consistant player than Ali Gunes..

And the problem doesn't lie at right back for Turkey.. It lies at left back ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Fatih was injured the last 2 games before the winterbreak but was healed during the winterbreak. He played against Istanbulspor as center midfielder. But ever since he was injured he hasnt played as right defender and he wont be able to as long Ali G play like this.

So i dont think you can blame it on his injury...sorry Dennis!;)

Secondly i havent said you dont have any good players because you have in Ergün, Hasan Sas, Berkant, Karan, Pratez and even sabri.

But most of these players either dont play or are underachieving.

But dont tell me that players like....

Bratu
Petre
Tamas
Ömer
Murat
Volkan
Suat Usta

...are good players. Most of them are average or below average.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts