Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, jus wanted ur feedback on Tuncay's recent performances..
Now i know hes still young and lacks experience, has a lot of pressure on him for the future AND now hes the captain of the team ... BUT
the amount of times that he lost the ball or did the dumbest things with it was incredible, especially in the Ankaraspor and Trabzon games. And now the Turkish media are saying that he saved the day and is reaching his peak and all that, i cant beleive it, don't u think he deserves to be put on the bench for a little while or another position where he can use his right foot!!!!?????? :rollani:

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Cengo (I think) posted a link to a video of FBTV interviewing players after the Denizlispor cup match. Tuncay took the micrpohone for about 10 minutes interviewing players and made some comments about what people are saying about him.
I think Tuncay is just trying too hard, and is young and forgetful that there are 10 other high quality players on the pitch to support him. He needs to start playing within the system, but it may be a bit harsh to bench him - especially with all the suspensions and injuries facing the team (Umit, Luci, Anelka, Nobre)

my 2 cents

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
For me Tuncay is a player that should always feature in the first 11 unless he is injured or suspended. The guy is pure heart and offers us the dimension that a few miss placed passes can not override....

17 numarali formasiyla, SANLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII???

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I recently heard that Tuncay started playing football when he was 17.....i was in shock!

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Cengo said:
I recently heard that Tuncay started playing football when he was 17.....i was in shock!
Tuncay started football at 14... i got the adidas team poster of Tuncay in my room..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Well, the president of the Fenerbahce republic himself said that Tuncay started at 17....guess i have to believe him! :D

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Jemster said:
For me Tuncay is a player that should always feature in the first 11 unless he is injured or suspended. The guy is pure heart and offers us the dimension that a few miss placed passes can not override....

17 numarali formasiyla, SANLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII???

Bravoo at least someone said what needed to be said about Tuncay, he's a great player, I don't understand when people stick up for the players that make more mistakes like a certain Umit Ozat and then bash Tuncay when he does more good than bad :confused:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Cengo said:
Really?! :eek

Then I can start my career at Usakspor and then be picked up by a better team :D.

·
*the drum drum*
43,104 Posts
There's only one thing lacking in Tuncay's game lately, and that's a goal..

Other than that, I'm happier with the football he's playing now then I've been for a pretty long time. He's growing into a more intelligent, more calculated, and most importantly, a more cultured player with every passing week (don't get me wrong, he's still got some way to go in these departments, but the improvements are there to be seen)..

All he needs is for one of two things to happen..
1. He scores a goal. The sooner the better..
2. Someone reminds him that there isn't any pressure on him to score, he's doing a great job as it is even without the goals.. Especially when Alex is around!

That's what I see in his game. An unnecessary sense of pressure that he must get a goal, and it's for that reason that he's hitting a lot of misguided shots..

But other than that, like I said, I'm impressed by the way he's playing as compared with times in the past when it was just the goals that saved the day for him..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts