Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Tulio scoring two beautiful goals for Wilstermann Cochabamba in a Libertadores match.

Strange fate for a guy, who used to be a selecao striker. I remember him scoring the legendary hand goal against Argentina in a Copa America final...

What happened to him before he landed in Bolivia?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Viola

After he left Botafogo to play in Corinthians in 97, Marcelinho boycotted him and he went to the subs bench.

He was already big time famous not only for his goals , but also for his cheap marketing skills which made everyone laugh. Then with the boycott he suferred in Corinthians, going to the bench and all, he never again was the same.

Went around in many clubs, but his pyshical condition was not all that.... has been around many clubs.

But a good thing did happen to him..... he divorced from his fat & ugly wife;) :D :D :D He's probably leaving the scoring for the after hours:happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Garrincha said:
What happened to him? Simple!

Tulio in Botafogo = :star:

Tulio away from Botafogo = :ass:

;)
Do I smell (besides :ass:, of course ;)) some hard feelings here? ;):D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
OAnimal said:
Do I smell (besides :ass:, of course ;)) some hard feelings here? ;):D
No, just a fact. Leaving Botafogo was the worst decision of his career, for some reason he never did as well in other clubs. In Corinthians he actually scored a lot of goals – he was benched because of Marcelinho's jealousy but still scored whenever he came in, and at the end of the season he was a reserve AND the team's top scorer. But his transfer to Corinthians (no offense, Ze) marked the beginning of his decadence. :undecide:

But I have no hard feelings whatsoever. His contribution to the club during the '90s was wonderful, and his name is engraved in the gallery of Botafogo's idols. :) As we used to sing in the Maracanã: "Tulio Maravilha, nós gostamos de você/Tulio Maravilha, faz mais um pra gente ver"... :cool: :star:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Offense of what Garrincha??? After he left we won everything and still some more cups:tongue: ;)

It was good when he left.. Edilson & Vampeta came and stole the whole party;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. It's a shame Tulio never got real attention in Europe.

His first goal last week was a real stunner...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Tulio Maravilha was always well known in portugal, but of course portugal has a connection with brazilian football that any euro country has:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts