Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From CBS's 60 Minutes. Commentary by Andy Rooney:

It doesn't seem right, but religion has been in the news a lot recently.

Pat Robertson says that God has spoken to him and told him that George W. Bush will be re-elected because he deserves to be.

Here's Pat Robertson's exact quote: "I think George Bush is going to win in a walk. I'm hearing from the Lord that it's going to be a blowout."

The movie by Mel Gibson called “The Passion of the Christ” is the other religious issue in the news. Everyone's talking about that. The question is whether the Jews killed Jesus Christ - who was Jewish, of course.

I hadn't wanted to say anything about this, because it seemed like a personal matter, but Pat Robertson isn't the only one who has heard from God.

I heard from God just the other night. God always seems to call at night.

"Andrew," God said to me. He always calls me "Andrew." I like that.

"Andrew, you have the eyes and ears of a lot of people. I wish you'd tell your viewers that both Pat Robertson and Mel Gibson strike me as wackos. I believe that's one of your current words. They're crazy as bedbugs, another earthly expression. I created bedbugs. I'll tell you, they're no crazier than people,” said God.

"Let me just say that I think I'd remember if I'd ever talked to Pat Robertson, and I'd remember if I said Bush would get re-elected in a blowout."

“As far as Mel Gibson goes, I haven't seen his movie, 'The Passion of the Christ,' because it hasn't opened up here yet. But I did catch Gibson being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. I did something right when I came up with her, didn't I,” added God. “Anyway, as I was saying, Mel is a real nut case. What in the world was I thinking when I created him? Listen, we all make mistakes."

That is what God said to me. That's about all he did say to me because I'm sure God has a lot more important things to do than talk to someone on television.

My own question to Pat Robertson is this: The election looks as though it could be close, certainly not a blowout. If George W. Bush loses the election to a Democrat, will you become an atheist?

My question to Mel Gibson is: "How many million dollars does it look as if you're going to make off the crucifixion of Christ?"

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why is it that Pat Robertson thinks it is perfectly normal for God to talk to him about national politics? If God talks to Pat Robertson, why not also talk to Andy Rooney. If I were God, I would rather talk to Andy Rooney than Pat Robertson. I have to agree that Pat Robertson is a wacko. And not only a wacko but a dangerous wacko (remember he was one of the people saying that 9/11 was God's way of punishing America for straying from the Christian way).

Does God talk to you. I don't think he talks to me. I wish he had warned me about the spinach salad I had Saturday.... but that's another toxic story.....

So, it's Tuesday and I'm tired of smug, self-serving conservative Christians......

Thank you for your attention.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And speaking of wackos:

Friday, Feb. 20, 2004 1:18 a.m. EST
Mel Gibson's Dad Still Denies Holocaust

NEW YORK — Days before the release of Mel Gibson's film about the death of Jesus, which some critics say could fuel anti-Semitism, his father has told an interviewer that the Holocaust was mostly "fiction."

Steve Feuerstein — host of "Speak Your Piece!" — said he interviewed Hutton Gibson for a segment of his show to be broadcast Monday by the small Talkline Communications Network.

According to a transcript released by the network, Hutton Gibson said, "It's all — maybe not all fiction — but most of it is," when asked about his views on the Holocaust.

He added: "They claimed that there were 6.2 million [Jews] in Poland before the war and after the war there were 200,000, therefore he [Hitler] must have killed 6 million of them. They simply got up and left. They were all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and Sydney and Los Angeles."

The interview comes at a sensitive time for Mel Gibson, whose epic "The Passion of the Christ" is due to open Wednesday.

Some Jewish leaders say the movie could fuel anti-Semitism for its portrayal of Jews' role in the crucifixion, while conservative Christians have praised it as a moving depiction of Christ's death.

Gibson, who produced, directed and co-wrote the film, has said repeatedly that he is not anti-Semitic and that the project was a deeply personal expression of his own faith.

Hutton Gibson has an unpublished phone number at his home outside Houston and could not be reached for comment. Alan Nierob, a spokesman for Mel Gibson, declined to comment on the interview.

Hutton Gibson follows a tiny wing of traditionalist Catholicism that views the modernizing reforms of the Second Vatican Council as a conspiracy between Jews and Masons to take over the church.

The elder Gibson has stirred controversy in previous interviews with remarks on the Holocaust and Judaism, but had kept quiet in the months leading up to the release of "The Passion."

In this latest interview, Gibson said Jews want to take over the world. He did not know why Jews would want to achieve that, but said "it's all about control. They're after one world religion and one world government."

Asked in media interviews whether he shares his father's views, Mel Gibson has said that he loves his father and will not speak against him.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Pat Robertson still hasn't been institutionalized, huh?

Can't we just buy one of the many deserted islands the Bahamas have no use for and just put all these wackos there together, film it, and put the highlights on Thurdays' prime slot?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
If I were god, I'd grow my pinky nail another 1/4 inch so I can finally take out this booger from my left nostril that's been driving me insane all morning... it's just otta reach...

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pila said:
If I were god, I'd grow my pinky nail another 1/4 inch so I can finally take out this booger from my left nostril that's been driving me insane all morning... it's just otta reach...
Moderator! Moderator!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Dear RedEagle,

I'll tell you what, Mel Gibson has impressed me with his marketing history. Not only does he do a movie, that cost him personally 25 million, but he's going to reap at least 10 to 50 times that amount with little to no advertising. All because the fundamentalist Jews, who aren't any better than the fundamentalist Christians or Muslims, saw to it. He repeated the same formula that has made the Catholic Church and other Christian religions filthy rich, the marketing of Jesus. Its simply brilliant.

BTw, the next time you hear an 85 year old (Mel's Dad) talk about the holocaust my suggestion is to ignore it. 85 year olds don't necessarily have the sharpest tools in the shed. It's akin to reading Tinto's posts on soccer.

Thanks,

God.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
RedEagle said:
Dear RedEagle,

I'll tell you what, Mel Gibson has impressed me with his marketing history. Not only does he do a movie, that cost him personally 25 million, but he's going to reap at least 10 to 50 times that amount with little to no advertising. All because the fundamentalist Jews, who aren't any better than the fundamentalist Christians or Muslims, saw to it. He repeated the same formula that has made the Catholic Church and other Christian religions filthy rich, the marketing of Jesus. Its simply brilliant.

BTw, the next you hear an 85 year old (Mel's Dad) talk about the holocaust my suggestion is to ignore it. 85 year olds don't necessarily have the sharpest tools in the shed. It's akin to reading Tinto's posts on soccer.

Thanks,

God.
Nothing on growing my nail just a little?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Pila said:
Nothing on growing my nail just a little?

He mentioned that I should treat the misguided better...is that a consolation?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
There's no god.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pila said:
There's no god.
then who's talking to RedEagle? Red wouldn't make that up, would he?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Boy. And I thought I had cause to complain when my parents said something embarrassing. Yikes.

Hey R.E., don't hold back man. Just how much IS it bugging you that the rest of the civilized world saw nothing special in Deco last Wednesday? I've never actually seen anyone "seethe" in print before. Good on ya. Got your number baby.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Freddie said:
... are you close to rupturing a vein up there Pila?
I swear, I've dug so deep I've hit jello... and apparently some nerve that's now making my right leg to spasm uncontrollably. And I have a hardon. But still no booger.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pila said:
I swear, I've dug so deep I've hit jello... and apparently some nerve that's now making my right leg to spasm uncontrollably. And I have a hardon. But still no booger.
Tim, it's time to step in with your unacceptable behavior speech......

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I'm going to faint from frustration....

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
I talk to gOD all the time. He gets my obscure jokes about Saint Augustine. I don't see what's the big deal? ;)

Oh, not that god. Sorry. If Robertson is really talking to the big G, He should have informed him that vitamin-selling ponzi schemes are no way to make money. :)

RIO

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.