Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In keeping with the trend, I decided to start the thread for the 2nd leg, too. :)

2-1 may not be the best home result, but it's better than the 2-2 against Valencia in 06-07 and last season's 0-0 against ManU. We're taking an advantage for the 2nd leg of a European tie for the first time since..ever.

Based on tonight's game: Chelsea's defence is NOT invincible. We scored 2 and could have scored 2 more, with no one performing!

Moreover, they don't have a Messi to dribble or send incisive passes.

Let's get this done

FORZA INTER. Make us proud, again. :thumbsup:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
they probably will get essien back, right? how about deco?

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
If we can score one we have a great chance. Hopefully samuel and lucio can produce again like they did today.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
please start mariga...instead of motta/muntari...

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since Villareal :err:
Oh yeah. :D

I probably should have said big European tie. It's definitely an improvement on the past 3 seasons.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stamford Bridge is a smaller pitch, it should suit Inter if you arrive in London with a containment policy!
I remember how Cuper said that Highbury's smaller pitch made our task easier..

That game :proud: Too bad Zac and the boys ****ed up at home, though. :stoned:

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically if they score in da first 5 mins ur hole game plan will go nuts and thats generally hw thngs go for u in europe ,atleast thats hw da barca game went and hw da man u game went.hopefully this time its different :D
Both goals were down to poor marking on corners (Gramps and Motta), hopefully we'll do better this time.

thanks for the well wishes, dude. :thumbsup: You're cool.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Zhirkov is the main man for them to get back. I think you'll go through with a 1-1 personally.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This is a good to great result…given our previous failures in the CL and Chelsea being next to the Barca the best team in the tournament…if we had won 2-0 we would be through…even this Chelsea team could not beat us by 3 @ their home we are formidable in playing bunker football…

What impressed me most was that Lampard was completely shut down & Drogba was silenced for the most part…if we do that @ Stamford Bridge they are out easy…

We also looked very dangerous in attack…this team can score in England…Chelsea will have to attack and even at 2-0 they know one single goal sends the game to overtime…without cech they are even more vulnerable…I see a 1-1 draw with us going through….

If their was anything this match showed is we can replicate our seria a games in Europe…we started with intensity when they scored we scored almost immediately…I like this Inter…we have a real shot here….

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
So is our faith in Mourinho well placed? People doubted him, but for the first time I see us face an European giant with confidence.

We weren't perfect, but we fought like lions instead of sitting back and soaking up the pressure.

Hoping for a Mouracle at Stamford Bridge.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I can see us losing this game 1-0 and going out with a heartbreak :depress:

The away goal they scored tonight will prove costly :cry:

Reminds me a lot of the Villareal, Valencia, and Milan 02-03 semi final

We are doomed.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Who scores first will decide the game. We repeat today's early goal- it's over, ****ing put 3 past us you EPL-Promoters, over my dead body bitches

·
Registered
259 Posts
Stankovic was poor, I thought, as was Motta.

If I were Mourinho, I'd be a bit brave and go for:

Cesar
Maicon---Lucio--Samuel---Santon
Zanetti--Sneijder--Cambiasso
Pandev/Balotelli
Milito--Eto'o

Mariga would be a nice option too, as he as power, drive + energy

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
We can't play a midfield of 3 if Sneijder is involved. NO WAY. Sneijder might track back and cover, but he's so bad at it we would be slaughtered by any half decent midfield out there.

Unless we are trailing and about to be knocked out, Sneijder needs 3 midfielders behind him.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Yeah agreed with above, we have to play 3 cms + Sneijder. No point changing it now.

I don't mind if we concede an early goal if it's legit because that's football, but if we concede like last season through poor marking at a corner or free kick, I'll tear my hair out. Last season it was Vieira, what are the odds this season it's a Motta letting a player in. Sigh.

·
Terzino sinistro
230 Posts
basically if they score in da first 5 mins ur hole game plan will go nuts and thats generally hw thngs go for u in europe ,atleast thats hw da barca game went and hw da man u game went.hopefully this time its different :D
Thanks Fats, :thumbsup:

Giacinto there is right I think. Whoever scores first will really help shape the game. I'm fine however with a straight 0-0. To quote Gianni Brera, the perfect game is a 0-0. Ha!

Forza I Nerazzurri!

1 - 20 of 751 Posts