Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZAGREB, April 5 (Reuters) - Croatia and Juventus defender Igor Tudor is undergoing treatment on his injured ankle but said he was unsure if he would be fully fit in time for the World Cup.
'I hope everything will be alright and I will be ready, but the coach will have the last word. A player who is not fully fit may do more damage than good for his team,' the 23-year old Tudor told Vecernji List daily newspaper on Friday.

Prominent orthopaedist Stanislav Peharec said he would immediately prepare a recovery programme for the towering 1.92-metre tall defender.

Tudor is a stalwart of Croatia's tightly-knit defence, which also includes Inter Milan's Dario Simic and Robert Kovac of Bayern Munich.

His absence would seriously dent Croatia's chances of progressing to the knock-out stage of the tournament from Group G, which also includes Italy, Ecuador and Mexico

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be devesting if Tudor were not to recover from this injury. Hopefully this Peharec can do the trick as i've heard he is one of the best in the world when it comes to ankle injuries. Jebu Maaajku, first Tudor, next we'll read about Prosinecki needing a lung transplant and Boksic a knee reconstruction.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Tough blow...it all depends on the extent of the injury. Did he tear ligaments in the ankle?? If so that is surgury and at least 6 months of rehab...is it a high ankle sprain?? Well, Chris Webber of the Sacramento Kings missed the last 2 weeks of the pre-season as well as the first four weeks of the regular season...that's a total of 6 weeks plus it took him another 2 weeks to get into playing shape where he was effective, meaning a total of 8 weeks. So, lets hope he can recover.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Tudor article...

I read the original article and to be honest I am not worried. The translation here (probably from onefootball) is inaccurate to say the least.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Even with one leg he would be a definite starter!! :D

If he doesn't make it I still think that Simunic can cover for him. Just not STIMAC!! :D

hhmm.......I don't see Lippi coming out in the press now.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
King,

you thought that 'cause he's better than Nesta ;)

this is devastating news, but I also read the original article in which it says he will be back in 2 weeks, but Jozic will have to decide wheather to call him or not.

onefootball have a flair for the drammatic :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
original news is really allright... this is some ****ty translation... they guy was checking out hows his previous injury doing... and journalist asked if there is danger to WC callup and tudor said "i hope not", etc.. bull news

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Tudor article...

BOban_2 said:
The translation here (probably from onefootball) is inaccurate to say the least.
i actually got it from Soccernet :D....i dont go to Onefootball coz all you guys here pay out on it, so i don't either bother. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with spwolf, this is basically a non-issue. He has some nagging injuries, but nothing that will keep him from the WC. Besides, isn't that doctor he's going to supposedly one of the best in the world? I recall one doctor from Istra to whom a ton of international soccer and basketball players go to in order to repair knee damage and rehab. I also trust a Croatian doctor more than a Juve club doctor. You never know if they have a hidden agenda, e.g. the Boksic fiasco prior to the last WC.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Considering that Tudor hurt himself again it's safe to say he was 100% correct to reject playing that game v. Leverkusen. He played anyway so there's no use to complain.

Lippi went looking for scapegoats and now fate has made him look the moron.

Well done Igor.

You're only looking out for your, Croatia's and Juve's ankle.

None of which can receive any dividend from it if you decide it can't be used properly.

A shout goes out to all the finely trained and well motivated Juve doctors who have their priorities straight.

I would like to hear the oath they take upon receiving a doctoral degree in medicine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
No need to panic,latest report suggests 3 weeks which i think is a blessing in disguise for our NT to have our leading player cool off for a while.

These guys just play too much football these days.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I'm not panicking just stating that after two injuries and two reports that Juve doctors confirm Igor's health he ends up hurting himself again.

Correlation, no?

I grew up in a culture that encourages youngsters to risk themselves with further injury in order to prove their manhood and commitment.

I'm referring specifically to high school sports where many kids who have/had pipe dreams about makin' the pros are pushed to make stupid decisions. I played football in Canada and had to see this and I guarantee its 100 times worse in the States. I also guarantee its 100 times worse for hockey here but the degree of the problem is not the issue. In college I imagine its much worse.

A prognosis is based on how the patient feels. If the patient doesn't feel comfortable playing then he has no business lacing up whatever footwear they'd be wearing.

Yes Juve owns Igor. But nobody ever asked the question whether Igor was also taking Juve's best interest into account.

As a 23 year old defender who according to many Italian fans is destined to be a quality if not great defender in the future it is Juve's best interest that he become 100% healthy now and not develop a problem as Marco van Basten did.

If Juve did not consider Igor a long term investment and only wanted a player for here and now they never would have bought him at such a young age and put up with his clumsy antics. Now the dividend is paying off and all of a sudden he's expendable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts