Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tudor to miss Italy World Cup clash Tuesday 7 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Igor Tudor will not be able to face his Juventus teammates in the 2002 World Cup.

The Croatian defender has been ruled out of the tournament where his team had been drawn in the first round along with the Azzurri, Ecuador and Mexico.

“Igor called me,” admitted Coach Mirko Jozic, “and explained that he had a serious knee problem. He’ll undergo surgery within the next two to three days.”

24-year-old Tudor has suffered with a succession of injury problems this season, most notably an Achilles tendon inflammation in December, but had returned to the Juve line-up in splendid form.

He was one of the best players on the field in Sunday’s Scudetto-winning match at Udinese.

“Igor was one of the most important players in our team,” continued Jozic. “Without him we lose 20% of our value. If with Tudor in the squad I saw Croatia as favourites ahead of Mexico and Ecuador, then things have now changed.”

Despite being relatively young, Tudor is one of Croatia’s most experienced stars and took part in the 1998 World Cup.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
thats a shame really, one of th ebest centre backs in the world is going to miss teh big tournament.

Vieri is lucky, now he'll score for sure :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
are u satisfed now when u phucked him!?is it necesary to play him in last game and again injury.well dream about that vieri will score easily,yess..for sure..no way man..
juventus:yuck:fuj

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
eusebio said:
are u satisfed now when u phucked him!?is it necesary to play him in last game and again injury.well dream about that vieri will score easily,yess..for sure..no way man..
juventus:yuck:fuj
Look, eusebio, those disgusting words were written only because HE IS A PLAYER OF JUVENTUS. If he would have been an Inter player, you would have never said such f*cking s*it.
Tudor is a player of Juventus, and his job is to play, and when team wants to play even when he is injured, this is not because they wish to get injured, it comes from necessity.
And please, don't piss us off with such stupid posts.

P

·
0 Posts
A quote from the great man Mr Moggi;- Tudor was brought back to play the last two games of the Serie A season and suffered a damaging setback in his fitness battle.

However, Bianconeri General Director Luciano Moggi has defended their decision to field him. “Tudor wanted to play,” he assured Croatian newspaper Vecernji list. “If he didn’t feel ready then he would not have played.”

“Tudor was very important for us in Sunday’s game at Udinese. Juventus feel no guilt at all over this situation.”

And so the shouldnt! Its a shame for Tudor, as for croatia, tuff $hit!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Croatia blame Juve for injury woes Wednesday 8 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Igor Tudor will probably miss the World Cup and his nation has pointed the finger of blame squarely at Juventus.

The Bianconeri star has suffered a succession of injuries this season and publicly protested when he was rushed back from an inflamed Achilles tendon.

Just two weeks after another comeback, the defender has been forced to undergo surgery on his right ankle and will be out for the next six weeks.

“Juventus did not respect the agreements we had regarding Tudor,” blasted Croatia Coach Mirko Jozic.

“Igor, the Juve club doctors and their directors agreed that he would be taken care of and prepared for the World Cup.”

Tudor was brought back to play the last two games of the Serie A season and suffered a damaging setback in his fitness battle.

However, Bianconeri General Director Luciano Moggi has defended their decision to field him. “Tudor wanted to play,” he assured Croatian newspaper Vecernji list. “If he didn’t feel ready then he would not have played.”

“Tudor was very important for us in Sunday’s game at Udinese. Juventus feel no guilt at all over this situation.”

Croatia will face Italy in the first round of the World Cup Finals this summer along with Ecuador and Mexico.

In today’s international friendly Croatia beat Hungary 2-0. Dardai and Kovac were the scorers.

channel4

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm very sad to hear that Tudor cannot participate in the WC.
I'm sure all Juve fans here feels the same.
Don't think that only Croatians concern about his condition.
We all concern.

He is part of our team, he's one of our heros that brings the big smile hanging in our face the last couple of days, and he got injured winning the game that mattered most for us.
Don't you dare say that it doesn't hurt us too that he once again got injured.

Tudor is one of the most favourite Juve player here--well, by me, at least--and the reason is simply because--we all knew--he's so damn great.
I agree with Peruk somewhere in this forum when he said that Tudor is 'nobody' when he first came to Juventus, but 'nobody' here doesn't refers the talent, just the recognizion.
He gain fame thanks to his own talent, but you cannot deny the fact that his time with Juventus is one of the main reasons he is now
recognized as one of the world's best defender.
Sadly, Juventus can also be accused of being one of the reasons he is now ruled out from a chance to play for his country in such a
prestigious event like WC.
But no one is to blame as sh*t like this always happens. Tudor is
Juve's asset as he is for Croatia. Why would Juve even want to damage its own asset?
I'm sure no one can force him to play if he himself didn't want to.
After all, he's HUGE.
I cannot picture Lippi drag him to the field and force him to play
beyond his will.
If he himself didn't think that he's ready to play, he must have
refused to play, just like he did before. He's not an idiot. He's
capable of making his own decisions.

None of us know what Tudor might had in mind.
Yes of course he must highly regrets the fact that he's not able to
serve his country, but on the contrary, do you think he regrets being the part of the team that won the scudetto?
Do you think he regrets playing that 67 minutes of the last game?
What would he rather have, just sit on the bench watching whatever his teammates win or lose, or being the one that can actually decided the result?
Somehow, I think, he must rather be one of the man that can actually decided the result.

Oh ****, did I just digging up stuff that Mikey had already buried?
Sorry, can't help myself.

I thank Tudor for all of his contribution on that last game and for the whole season. I want him to stay with Juve as I'm indeed selfish, I want all great talent stays in my team.
It kills me that he miss a chance to participate on the World Cup, but Tudor is still young. If he miss this year World Cup, I can see him participate on the next two, if not even three other WC to come. Who knows?

Still I know that of course it's not fair for the Croatian NT having
one of their best talent works really hard winning glory for Juventus--a foreign club miles away from home--ended up having another injury in process, leaving the NT no chance to use his talent.
I'm sorry for the Croatian NT for the big lost, but we all know that
sometimes life is not fair.
If life is fair, I'll be Mrs.Tudor by next month.

Anyway, hope The Croatian NT doing ok in the World Cup, even without Tudor.

:star:FORZA TUDOR!:star:
Good luck with the surgery, and get well soon...:angel:

·
Registered
983 Posts
peruk said:
And so the shouldnt! Its a shame for Tudor, as for croatia, tuff $hit! [/B]
Kind words my man.. lets just hope this saga results in Tudor leaving Juve.. i doubt it but one can only hope :D;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
nyuka,i will say that if simic is on the same situation so u are wrong...i was just angry so what!?that was smart words,not stupid .think about that if u can..

thnx angie,wise girl..

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Smart words?
HUH!?
What are u talking about..especially words like "are u satisfied now when u phucked him?".
ONCE AGAIN, HE IS A PROFESSIONAL, AND HIS JOB IS TO PLAY. THAT IS IT.
AND WE CAN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERY INJURY, INCLUDING TUDOR'S.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The replies by the Juventini in this topic are the best proof of what kind of people Juventus fans are: inmoral, like peruk.

But what can you expect from people like this, without scruples, without dignity, without principles, without decency who decided to support the most indecent team in Italy which happens to be rubentus... You are a bunch of buffoons, just read peruk's messages, and can't be taken seriously around here in Xtratime.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Theop: You are definately an ass. Congratulations on that, but you will have to accept that Inter lost by themselves, and that we Juve fans really aren't to blame for that.

If you cannot behave in just a semi decent manner- we will just have to ask for you to get banned, and there are plenty of quotes of yours to bring forward to management- starting with your comments from this forum and the serie A forum.

So- put a sock in it, or stick with the Inter forum if you cannot resist making yourself look like an imbecil.

Ciao.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Well I see we're unable to debate this subject again. That leaves me with little choice but to close the thread. It has become Juve bashing time once again.

The Croat guys can continue in the Croat forum, quit your b*tching here, it's boring. We've all said how sorry we are about Tudor's injury but you won't have it. So I say enough.

Theop was it really you who posted this in the Inter forum:

It's too provocative for fights. It will only cause even more bickering and fighting and it is rather useless and immature if you ask me

Practice what you preach.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.