Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tudor propušta Svjetsko prvenstvo!

Igor Tudor propustit æe nadolazeæe Svjetsko prvenstvo zbog teže ozljede gležnja! Tudor æe za koji dan morati na operaciju, a špekulira se da je rijeè o "prljavoj igri" Talijana, koji su Igora, unatoè dogovoru HNS-a i Juventusa da se našeg reprezentativca ne preoptereti u posljednjim kolima lige, ipak "eliminirali". Hrvatski izbornik Mirko Joziæ izjavio je, saznavši za ovu vijest, da je "naša reprezentacija sada slabija za 20%". Podsjetimo, Italija i Hrvatska meðusobni su protivnici u skupini G...

This is from sportnet. Is this true? Has anybody else heard it from anywhere else.

:( :depress: :( :depress: :( :depress: :( :depress: :( :depress:

·
Registered
520 Posts
from www.nogomet.com

HRVATSKA: BEZ IGORA TUDORA NA SP2002!

Vjerojatno najznaèajniji igraè Hrvatske danas, Igor Tudor, ne putuje na SP2002!! Razlog za to teža je ozljeda gležnja zbog koje æe morati na operaciju ovih dana. Ne treba ni spominjati koliko nam Igor znaèi i treba, stoga je razumljiva ogorèenost našeg izbornika Mirka Joziæa koji je èak optužio Talijane da su namjerno forsirali Tudora da nebi bio spreman za susret protiv njih! I to usprkos dogovoru HNS - Juventus da se Tudora maksimalno poštedi u posljednjim utakmicama..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tudor injury hits Croatia World Cup hopes

ZAGREB, May 7 (Reuters) - Croatia defender Igor Tudor has been ruled out of the World Cup finals after being told he must undergo surgery on his ankle, national coach Mirko Jozic said on Tuesday.

The loss of the 23-year-old Juventus player, a pivotal figure in the Croatian defence, is a serious blow to the country's hopes of making an impression in Japan and South Korea.

"Igor called me to say he was having problems and was going to be operated on in two or three days," Jozic told reporters ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Hungary.

"He was and is one of our key players. His absence means we have lost some 20 percent of our value. If we had some advantage over two of our World Cup rivals before, now I can no longer say that," Jozic said.

Tudor, a towering presence at 1.92m, has become an automatic choice in the Croatian national side, valued for his speed, clean tackling and threat going forward.

He picked up an ankle injury early in April but resumed playing two weeks ago as Juventus successfully chased the Serie A title in Italy.

Croatia face Ecuador, Mexico and Italy in Group G at the World Cup finals.
05/07/02 09:04 ET

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I dont know what to say :depress: :(

This is horrible :depress:

Lets just now pray Simunic is ready for the WC because my God we are gonna need him now :)

A sad day for everyone involved with our beloved Vatreni :depress:

·
Registered
150 Posts
this is bad, i'm really angry at Juve now, they probably injured tudor on purpose so he don't play against them that's why we are gonna send them back to Italy early.

1. CROATIA 3 0 0 15-1 9
2. MEXICO 2 0 1 3-5 6
3. ECUADOR 1 0 2 2-8 3
4. ITALY 0 0 3 1- 20 0

·
Registered
520 Posts
A nice little detail was left out in the article about Jozic's statement:

The article said Tudor "picked up an ankle injury early in April but resumed playing two weeks ago"

Jozic says that Italians actually forced his "return" two weeks ago to disable him for the WC.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that! I know how much he means to the Croatian national team. He is exceptional and I would have liked to see him at the WC. :depress:

Juventus wantonly forced him to resume games prematurately so that he re-injures himself and can't be a threat to Italy during this WC? Nice conspiracy theory. What fertile imagination you guys have! :rolleyes:

Your allegations are an insult to your intelligence.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
hey "stephanie",

f*** off!!

If Tudor was not feeeling right, he shouldnt have played. This is Bull****!!!!!!!!!

s***!!!!!!!

Juve sucks!!!!!!

damn...... :depress:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tudor out is hands down the worst news we could have got. Any unrealistic dreams I had about this team are now shatered. What luck, first Boksic last World Cup and now Tudor.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
you know when we tied yugo 2-2 for euro 2000, that was clearly the worst "soccer" day i have ever had.

today is the second.

·
Registered
641 Posts
CroGuy,

I fully agree with you. I've been following Juve all season and even Jozic and Tudor questioned why they were rushing him. And what about the agreement that Juve made with Juve to only use him sparingly in the World Cup.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Its Lippi's fault... he kept saying how Tudor isnt playing and how he should play for his team no matter what injuries, etc, etc... its certainly Lippi's arrogance that did this.

however, I doubt it was for the purpose of Croatia being weaker in WC

... it was one small man, trying to satisfy his high aspirations by being selfish... I spit on the mofo

·
Registered
508 Posts
i did not hear about this till i logged on today here and leme tel u my heart droped to the floor, i though ej maybe its april fools like last time ali koji kurac april fools its may. Im just horibly sad this is a great loss but i think we should not think all is over we still got great players and although we are now missing a key player (as we missed boksic in wc 98) we must think optimistc and not feel that all is lost AJD NAPRIJED VATRENI GAZI TALIJANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
To all those that try to say that we have fertile imaginations because we suspect the Italians! i say this! NEVER NEVER NEVER underestimate what the Italians would do and will do when they want something! NEVER i said! now this doesnt mean they purposely wanted to injure Tudor not at all! i have a lot of respect for the Italians! but you CANNOT rule it out either! YOU CANT! oh and a little side note guys! why are we worried? if Juve really did this to Tudor on purpose! then i wish Italy all the best of luck in w/c 2002 why? well they will need that and God on thier side to beat us! because if they did it they have just dug thier own graves! look what happened in the Boston Montreal series the Boston guy(Mclaren) purposely injures the Canadiens player and after that game Boston doesnt win a game in the series! so its called JUSTICE! crime never pays! so i am hoping the Italians didnt do this on purpose even though there is a lot of evidence to suggest at least Lippi was at fault! because if they did! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE Croatians when we have our backs to the wall! DARKHORSES ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR:eek: :fero:

·
Registered
520 Posts
After thinking all day, this is what I have arrived at.

1) Tudor was injured in April and played 2 weeks later. Juventus was at the end of a possible title run and brought back Tudor to help in winning the Serie A. There was an agreement that Tudor would not play the final part of the season. But as Juve's chances grew, they brought back Tudor. It wasn't to screw over Croatia, but for their own desire for winning the title. Unfortunately, it was at the expense of the Croatian national team.

2) Tudor brought charisma in the back line for Croatia and even could be a goal scorer. However, we still got a great defense with Kovac, Simic, and Simunic. Will it be complete? Of course not. But, still a tight defense in my eyes. Remember, in friendlies when Tudor did not play, Croatia still gave up very few goals, if any. My main concern still with our offense and scoring goals.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
You know...I'm not into conspiracy theories or anything like that but things are very fishy in Serie A. They forced Igor to come back with a bad ankle and now this. This reminds me to much of 4 years ago with Alen Boksic and Lazio where they told him his knee was fine when in reality it wasn't. Time to either leave Serie A all together for out players or they should start consulting their own doctors.

This is horrible news. Our best young player out for the WC.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts