1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GALATASARAY
GAZIANTEPSPOR

Ali Sami Yen Stadium, November 2nd, Sunday 19:00 Turkish Time

i've got no (own) pc at all right now so i'm going to keep this simple. after the rather expected draw against ankaraspor we're playing one of this league's strongest teams (besides the big 3-4). they are pretty good going forward with guys like tabatha and beto, so our defence is going to have a hard time. we're probably going to play the same team as against eskisehir with lincoln for nonda as the only replacement. If we get a bad result here it's going to become pretty fukked up for skibbe, so we better win.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I am expecting a draw. Draw wouldn't be that bad result.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
A draw at Ali Sami Yen against Gaziantepspor is a terrible result. We need maximum points here as we travel to Kadikoy in a week's time.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Gaziantep is rock solid, they have very decent players that can easily screw up our defense. We are tired and will be tired throughout the whole week so I'm not expecting anything good out of Benfica-Antep and derby games. Skibbe didn't rest Arda-Kewell-Servet and so on, and now he is going to pay for it. It's simple mathematics. Only luck can save him, I say.

I wish we beat them heavily, play good and fast football, but I just can't see that happening right now.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Even if Gaziantep was the best team in Turkey, a draw against them at home would still be a bad result

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Starting eleven:

Sanctis, Sabri, Emre, Servet, Hakan, Meira, Ayhan, Arda, Kewell, Lincoln, Baros.

We have seen the strength of this lineup against Olympiakos, but also its unpredictability against EsEs. Hopefully we manage to get the three points here and take full advantage of the points dropped by BJK and FB

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
haha im in a library in a Uni and I have loaded up a live stream on a 50 inch projector :)

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
This team is so frustrating. What should have been a comfortable game headed into half time is now a tense affair, all because of a boneheaded play by Arda. Nevetheless, we are playing well up front, so hopefully we don't lose points here

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Arda pulled down in the box, no penalty.

I wonder why Fenerbahce and Besiktas fans aren't complaining about our penalties this year. Oh wait, we haven't got one..:rollani:

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Arda pulled down in the box, no penalty.

I wonder why Fenerbahce and Besiktas fans aren't complaining about our penalties this year. Oh wait, we haven't got one..:rollani:
Because the mentally sound Fenerbahce supporters are complaining about their own issues with penalties, like last week when Alex gets clearly tripped in the area, but Alex recieves a yellow card for diving. :howler:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts