Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
This is the most important game of our season so far. If we do not win this match, I don't see Skibbe surviving for much longer

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
added some color to the first post. looks like all our players but our usual suspects will be available for this one. i dont really know what the board thinks about skibbe right now, but i have the feeling that they'll kick his ass whatever results he might get in the next matches.

i think we'll play with something close to this:

........Baros......Nonda........

Kewell......................Arda

...........Ayhan..Memo G.......

Balta....Servet..Meira...Sabri

...............De Sanctis

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Is there a reason why you didn't include Lincoln, or did you just forget about him?

Reports say that Skibbe wants to play Umit Karan beside Baros. Sabri seems like a lock at RB for this one after his adequate performances for the NT

·
19,147 Posts
i read that lincoln played with the yedek team in yesterdays training but i hope it doesnt mean that he wont start. but then again, two forwards plus lincoln could be too much against trabzon.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
This is what I heard on LigTV:

Sancits, Sabri, Servet, Meira, Hakan, Ayhan, Kewell, Arda, Lincoln, Umit, Baros

If I was the coach for this one:

Sanctis, Sabri, Servet, Meira, Alpaslan, Hakan, Ayhan, Kewell, Lincoln, Nonda, Baros

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Hakan Balta is more than disaster in the defensive midfield position, and it's normal because it's not the same when you get the ball on left back, and when you get the ball in the central midfield. He doesn't even know where to run for Gods sake. I hope he doesn't put him there.

We don't have a decent DM on our disposal so we should stick to attacking and put Lincoln.

And to field Umit instead of Baros or Nonda is :howler: Nonda did seem bit fat vs. Bursa, but Umit is amateur who just got out of injury. Of course, football is weird thing, maybe he scores a hat trick, but putting him instead of these two is just :howler:

·
19,147 Posts
bursa is losing 0-2 at home against eskisehir right now, looks like a win for us in this match could give us an important boost.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tolga

Serkan¹ - Song - Egemen - Cale

Isaac² - Huseyin - Selcuk³ - Colman⁴

Umut - Gokhan⁵

¹) Serkan or Tayfun Cora. The former might have a tough time, physically, against Kewell (if he's fit enough to play, that is).

²) Yattara has returned to the club but it's not clear to me how the relations are. If they're not troubled, the second question would be about his fitness. Both Isaac and Yattara are quick and dangerous on the flank. We will probably see Volkan Yaman start and have a difficult time if he's not supported by his team-mates.

³) The guy loves to bang them in and playing against a big side will have him focussed. No real DM means trouble. I wouldn't mind Hakan solely focussing on this name who very well could do a Simsek on us.

⁴) Don't know much about him. Does he function as a pure winger? I somehow doubt it. Pretty sure Sabri could deal with him but if he travels towards the centre of the pitch we could face some problems. Especially if Lincoln plays.

⁵) Interesting to see how he performs. Always had my reservations on playing against him. Was decent to absolutely solid in a few games I saw last season. I could also see him distract the attention away from Umut, who scores his goals.

Watching at the statistics of their last three games we see TS have scored 7 and conceded 4. There was a goal difference of 1 in all three. If you look further back the biggest win had a GD of 2 (at home, against Ankaraspor). After that they beat Ankaragucu away, 1-2. Drew 0-0 with Besiktas, and got a 0-1 win at Denizli.

Looking at the BJK game specifically, Yanal seemed to play for the draw from the get-go. His substitutions didn't indicate any desire to force a win. We might carefully assume that he will visit Istanbul with the same intention. Although, we all have witnessed that a certain complacency comes with playing at home. Especially when you have a so-called notorious crowd. Opponents have successfully used this to their advantage by showing guts and a drive to go forward. Our players seem to need a certain amount of time to overcome the 'audacity' and actually start playing football. A lot of the time it kicks in after the team concedes, after they realize what team they're playing for.

The TS defense concedes a lot. If we can get a solid line-up together, all we have to do is show the necessary respect and stay focussed before one of their weak links falls apart; Tolga, Egemen or Huseyin. They're prone to making mistakes. If we win this one, it'll come from a team-effort. So no Lincoln and a lot of hard-work. The key for this match would be to score early and then keep it tight. Individual mistakes shouldn't be a problem if they help each other out.

de Sanctis
Sabri
Meira
Servet
Volkan
Arda
Ayhan
Hakan
Kewell
Nonda
Baros

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
What I would do is play Kewell next to Baros and put Arda-Aydin or even Sabri on the flanks. We need to play this one with all our heart and solo intention of winning. That's why, our line up should be a mix of fight and skill. Especially when the opposition has players like Serkan Balci, who will run the shit out of himself and not to mention how dangerous their counter attacks can be.

My ideal Line up would be, for this match:

Italian
Sabri-Meira-Servet-Balta
Aydin-Ayhan-Lincoln-Arda
Baros-Kewell

Of course, this only works if Arda-Ayhan-Aydin trio do their defensive job and get back on the center of the field whenever we lose the ball. This is very risky formation and I don't expect Skibbe to field this. Offensively, this is very good formation. If we had better 1 on 1 defender than Servet and very good defensive midfielder instead of Ayhan, this team would rock! ( Gungor and Linderoth maybe? )

I can babble about this formation all day long, but it's not necessary.

I just want zero individual mistakes and fight to counter their counterattacks. If this happens, we will have no trouble beating Trabzon. If we play relaxed and guys like Lincoln, Arda, Ayhan forget about defense... we will get destroyed.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Since Kewell went to England we have been awful. The guy has been a leader since he arrived and his absence cant go unnoticed. I hope with him in the team we will rise again and play better against TS. I hope Arda can accept that Kewell has been the better player since the season start and let Kewell have the left wing. Arda is better than any other right wing player on this team even if it doesnt come naturally for him. I just hope he can go out there and forget that he is playing out of position.

I think we will win tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If Arda really is the talent we all think he is, he will make that right wing his.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
It doesn't work like that. Imagine putting Beckham on left wing when he was at his best.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He has played RB, his right foot is his most natural and he has far more close control than Beckham does. Sometimes I think you just blurt out things Muco. If there is anyone who should be versatile it's Arda.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I agree.

Now tell me what ' Index family member ' is :D

·
19,147 Posts
arda is a major letdown for me. he hasnt improved a bit since 2 seasons.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts